[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I am trying to remember the name of this art movie I saw a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: knight of cups.png (265KB, 620x256px) Image search: [Google]
knight of cups.png
265KB, 620x256px
So I am trying to remember the name of this art movie I saw a few years ago. It's about this rich and powerful guy who has a lot of sex with beautiful women, only it's all really empty and sad for some reason. And he keeps thinking about this fat lady that he lost his virginity to when he was a kid. Anyone have any ideas? I thought it might have been Fellini or Sorrentino, but I can't seem to find any leads.
>>
>>82404972
>It's about this rich and powerful guy who has a lot of sex with beautiful women, only it's all really empty and sad for some reason.

I never saw it but the first thing that came to mind was Shame. Starred Michael Fassbender and Carey Mulligan.
>>
File: p170553_d_v8_aa.jpg (440KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
p170553_d_v8_aa.jpg
440KB, 960x1440px
>>82404972
>>
>>82405019
I've seen that, it's similar but not what I was thinking of. Good movie though.
>>
>>82404972
8 1/2
>>
>>82405459
Are you positive? I couldn't find anything proving it online, I felt like it was the Great Beauty or La Dolce Vita
>>
>>82405475
8 1/2 has prominent flashbacks to a fat prostitute on the beach that the main character remembers from his childhood.
>>
>>82405493
Thanks! This was seriously bugging me.
>>
>>82405493
>>82405475
Although it's possible you're mashing a bunch of movies together in your mind if you're not sure if it was Fellini or Sorrentino. I would think those would stand apart in your memory, since one is in black and white.
The Great Beauty had the main character remembering losing his virginity to a very beautiful young woman, but as a teenager - also near a beach.
I like the KoC OP image - another very Fellini inspired film.
>>
>>82405533
I think I viewed a lot of Sorrentino and Fellini in a very short timeframe and a lot of similar plot points got me confused.

I also might have been remembering aspects of John Huston's Wise Blood, there's a lot of movies about losing your virginity to a fat prostitute apparently.
>>
File: song to song.jpg (333KB, 1012x1500px) Image search: [Google]
song to song.jpg
333KB, 1012x1500px
>>82405533
Also, KoC was probably my favorite movie last year, and Song to Song is looking like its going to be my favorite this year as well.
>>
>>82405792
Good taste.
As punishment for getting KOC in 2015 in Australia there's no release date for Song to Song over here.
The Blu-Ray is out soon, but Malick really demands to be seen on the big screen.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.