[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /tv/, I don't browse this board much, but I need some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 1382256338826.gif (80KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1382256338826.gif
80KB, 800x600px
Hey /tv/, I don't browse this board much, but I need some offbeat recommendations and I can't find a list of things I'm looking for.

My parents aren't native english speakers. They like high fantasy movies, but have a hard time understanding the story and dialog.

So I would like some movie recommendations that fit these categories:
>high fantasy, science fiction, and/or adventure
>simple and easy storyline (movies with lots of cliches are perfectly OK)
>easy to understand dialog
>heavy focus on action and visuals
>family-friendly, yet not childish

I would appreciate LITERALLY ANY recommendations you guys have to offer, I'm having a hard time finding this kind of movie myself.
>>
somebody PLEASE respond
>>
>>82398014
>My parents aren't native english speakers
>easy to understand dialog

What's their first language faggot?

Anyway :

>Baahubali 1 & 2
Indian big budget epic movies, second one just released in theaters, get your language's subs.
>Spielberg's Tintin
>>
>>82398273
First language is bengali
They already saw Tintin and the first Baahubali and really liked both, plan on seeing the second Baahubali soon
>>
>>82398273
>>82398014

>John Carter
>Jupiter Ascending
>Guardians of the Galaxy (maybe too childish)
>Star Wars obviously
>1492: Conquest of Paradise (might be too hard to understand)
>Asterix movies from France (1 & 2)
>Maleficient, Into the Woods, The Jungle Book & other Disney classic as live action
>>
>>82398539
Thanks, I'll look into these!
>>
>>82398014
>>82398539

>The Pirates! Band of Misfits (UK title) / In An Adventure With Scientists! (US one)
>Pirates of the Carribean movies
>Back to the Future movies
>The Lone Ranger
>Avatar
>>
>>82398715
Will look at these too, thanks!

They really liked avatar
>>
>>82398715
>>82398014

>Kingdom of Haven
>Robin Hood (the one with Russel Crowe)
>Stalingrad
>Saving Private Ryan (might not be family friendly enough, but it's history-ish)
>Master & Commander
>Men In Black movies
>Indiana Jones movies
>Jurassic Park movies
>War Horse
Spielberg movies as a whole hit the spot with your requirements
>>
>>82398892
That's what comes to mind, good luck anon.
>>
>>82398899
Thanks!

I completely forgot about jurassic park, i'm sure they will love the whole series
>>
>>82399085
Oh, I forgot

>Apocalypto from Mel Gibson

Beautiful, almost no dialogue, and great movie.
>>
>>82399191
We saw that one already, the really liked it as well
>>
Stating the obvious here, but have you seen Lord of the Rings?
>>
>>82400199
I watched the trilogy and really liked it, but my parents had a hard time understanding the dialog and story.

I had to pause every 10 minutes to explain and translate, so they didn't get the full experience. Subtitles didn't help much
>>
>>82398539
>>82398715
>>82398899
These.

Also, try some of the Studio Ghibli films like Laputa: Castle in the Sky, it's a Japanese animated film and it's pretty great.
Very Star Wars-like but with a steampunk vibe and a bit Zelda-esque and Final Fantasy-esque.
Not that childish but it's family-friendly.

Many of their other movies are also similar action/adventure/sci-fi/fantasy movies but it's the least dialogue heavy of them all.
Also, many of their other movies are war dramas, romantic comedies, slice-of-life stories or romantic dramas so check what is the movie beforehand.

Also, what country are you from?
>>
>>82400394
Thanks for the suggestion!

I should have mentioned it in the OP, but my parents really really enjoyed all the Ghibli movies, and we have watched most of them at least twice. That type of movie is excellent for them, comfy atmosphere, great visuals, low on dialog and a loose plot

From bangladesh
>>
Wtf OP's parents are my parents
>>
>>82398014
>>82400524

>Wall-E
>Persepolis
>Up
>Ratatouille
All very good animation with mature themes that your parents may enjoy.
>>
>>82400973
Don't forget Inside Out as well.
>>
>>82401137
It's been on my backlog of movies to watch for a year, didn't know if this was more like the movies I listed or the more childish ones like Zootopia & Frozen.
I have to stop procrastinating and see it asap I guess.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.