[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm watching the Alien series for the first time ever and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

File: file.png (609KB, 499x755px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
609KB, 499x755px
I'm watching the Alien series for the first time ever and I'm 20 minutes into the 2nd one and it's fucking awful. The drop-off in quality from the 1st one is distracting. Aliens is SyFy channel tier.
>>
File: 1489804912609.jpg (15KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1489804912609.jpg
15KB, 250x250px
>>82390095
Pic related is what I assume you are if you honestly hold this opinion
>>
>>82390095
(you)
>>
>>82390095
>you will never be a kid and experience alien movies for the first time again

It's a shame about your bad taste, thou
>>
>>82390095
felt the same. way too many gimmicks and cliches (over the top cheesy dialogue, little girl and her teddy that need protection, husky latina woman). get ready to get BTFO for that opinion though

aliens had great action though
>>
File: Plagiarism.png (238KB, 393x344px) Image search: [Google]
Plagiarism.png
238KB, 393x344px
Watch Aliens and then go play Halo: Combat Evolved. Bungie ripped off all of the Marine technology to the point where you'd think Halo was an Aliens game. Everything from the weapons and armor to the dropship.
>>
>>82390732
At that time they weren't "gimmicks and cliches". All the movies after Aliens copied it in many ways.
>>
the opening scene of Aliens is GOAT, I'm not sure how you could feel this way. That being said you are correct in that it's not as good as Alien
>>
>>82390095
Hey anon, have you ever been mistaken for a man?
>>
>>82390824
No. Have u?
>>
>>82390095
I agree.

Aliens did not age well at all and compared to Alien just feels like some mediocre 80s slugfest.
>>
>>82390095
I felt the same when I watched them a couple years back. I'm sure Aliens was great when it came out, but Alien is timeless.
>>
Alien looks like shit. Aliens stood the test of time.
>>
>>82390769
Almost every sci fi action movie or game made afterc1986 has been influenced by aliens. People say its cheesy/cliched but forget that it was the film that started a genre.
>>
>>82390095
>posting on 4chan whilst """watching""" a movie
I mean, I might've agreed with you, but this alone, means I can't trust anything you say about this movie
>>
>>82390769
Alien/Aliens inspired a lot of video games. It's not just halo that borrowed stuff like that. I can't even begin to name all the games that are similar to those movies.
>>
>>82390918
>looks like shit
Did you watch a 720x480 DVDRip?
>>
>>82390769
and it's awesome
>>
>>82390974
No. Sadly I watched it in full HD so all the cheap sets, costumes and effects were clearly visible.
>>
>>82390095
Almost nothing happens for the first hour you ADHD retard. Then it's almost a solid hour of action.
>>
>>82391133
You deserve a (you) for trying so hard.
>>
File: 38d.jpg (155KB, 400x505px) Image search: [Google]
38d.jpg
155KB, 400x505px
>>82390095
>>
File: file.png (744KB, 1281x685px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
744KB, 1281x685px
>>82391168
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
I can understand why someone would like Alien and not Aliens. The things that make both movies good are completely different for each.
>>
>>82390732
It's not cliches when you are one of the first to do them
>>
File: ReallyBungie.png (174KB, 502x302px) Image search: [Google]
ReallyBungie.png
174KB, 502x302px
>>82390968
There's a difference between similar, and blatant plagiarism. I mean, Bungie even copied specific characters from the movie.

Pic related

For the record: I'm not complaining about it, I'm just surprised that more people don't talk about what a blatant rip-off the humans in the Halo universe are.
>>
>>82391168
Yeah that space suit she wears at the end that closes with fucking velcro was really cool.
>>
>>82390095
I felt the same way when they introduced the marines but keep watching, it's a good film. I think the first part where Ripley is at the meeting is great though.
>>
File: PelicanHaloCE.png (340KB, 1126x866px) Image search: [Google]
PelicanHaloCE.png
340KB, 1126x866px
>>82391212
>>
>>82391220
I mean I liked both because they went separate routes while still showing how pathetic we are against the xenomorph.
Alien was great as a horror jumpscare movie that had great effects (at the time) and was one of the movies that creates the horror tropes and cliches.
Aliens was great a shoot em up where we were shown what happens when an infestations gets out of hand and also had some great jumpscare and action sequences with characters that you got to liking rather than Alien where you only "bond" with Ripley.
>>
>>82391261
I guess they don't really talk about it because everyone just knows it and is fine with it.
Bungie employees have even admitted in the past that the game was heavily influenced by Alien and that they wanted a character like Apone in the game so they made Johnson.
>>
>>82391288
>Space suit
Power loader?
Yeah it's cool as fuck.
>>
>>82391261
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwfnAM3dBrM&feature=youtu.be&t=12m10s
>>
File: m113G4_troop_comp_725.jpg (150KB, 725x398px) Image search: [Google]
m113G4_troop_comp_725.jpg
150KB, 725x398px
>>82390769
Yeah "ripped off" is overstating it in my opinion. "Inspired by" is more likely. A lot of that stuff doesn't look all that similar, you probably just want to criticize Bungie. It's equally possible they used some military and Air Force equipment for reference.
>>
>>82391364

I fucking love Aliens and I fucking love Halo.

Best Colonial Marines games we'll ever get.
>>
>>82390095
Has any franchise made the successful transition from serious to cheesy? Rambo maybe? I'd say Predator but the first knew it was pretty cheesy and ran with it. Fast and Furious?
>>
All this talk about Aliens and Halo make me realize how badly I want a crossover universe similar to AvP. Imagine how badass it would be to have a movie about The Chief and Cortana murking Xenos while Marines quip in the background.
>>
>>82391220
This. It's almost unfair to compare them since they're so different.
>>
The Paxton is dead. Long live the Paxton!
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.