[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have no idea what this movie is about what it was trying to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 130217moonlight.jpg (257KB, 630x400px) Image search: [Google]
130217moonlight.jpg
257KB, 630x400px
I have no idea what this movie is about what it was trying to achieve, but the cinematography is amazing, and that's all I had eyes for.
>>
>>82373244
What do you mean 'what it was trying to achieve'?

It's a film. It wants to make you empathize with the main characters. Did it, or did it not succeed?

What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>82373244
The soundtrack was beautiful too.

I always play Chef's Special while I spread ranch on my hot pockets to feel like I'm making a Chefs special for my waifu.
>>
File: 1490152548326.png (42KB, 399x322px) Image search: [Google]
1490152548326.png
42KB, 399x322px
>>82373244

>A movie that no one saw in theatres won best picture
>>
>>82373244
It inspired me to start lifting
>>
>>82375462
I was just relieved that lalaland didn't win.
>>
>>82373863
>It's a film. It wants to make you empathize with the main characters.

Are you actually serious? The point of every film is to make you empathize with the main characters?
lmao
>>
>>82373863
>It wants to make you empathize with the main characters

dropped
>>
>>82373244
I found the cinematography, which everybody seems to be raving about, way too jarring and overstylized.
Especially in the first two acts. The high saturation with a hard contrast, blown out whites, videogame character like shiny faces, shaky cam and too many unmotivated camera movements.
Those 360 tracking shots for example, it calls too much attention to itself instead of complimenting the story. The first one in the opening sequence especially, it was almost comical to me.
I know all of those are intentional choices so the third act can be in contrast with the static shots and minimal movements, but still I don't think it justifies to take the viewer out of the great performances with such aggressive visual extravaganza.
>>
>>82375586
>Blown out whites
WHITES BTFO
>>
>>82375482

La La land was Hollywood sucking its own dick for the first half sure, but it also showed how miserable people end up if they focus on their careers instead of love.

It was also more watchable and enjoyable then Moonlight, the directed wanted people to care more about the black and gay community with that film, but it showed them in such a negative light.
>>
>>82375603
Kek
>>
>>82375482

They still gave it to Stone.

And she sucked.
>>
>>82375756
I didn't feel like the movie had any sort of message about blacks or gays. It was just showing the personal development of someone at three points in their life. It's a movie about identity, who we truly are and who we think we need to be to fit in to the world around us. As an asexual Mongolian yak-milker, I still found a lot in the film to relate to.
>>
>your face when you realize the cover is his three different stages and not just an ugly black guy
>>
>>82373863
well I certainly don't empathize with a nigger getting a handjob from another nigger
>>
>>82376139
>>82376139
???

That good feel when not retarded enough to think that a guy would have half his beard shaven off for some reason
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.