[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i need more kino like this. >highly disciplined loner who

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

i need more kino like this.

>highly disciplined loner who doesnt want to get near society

so far ive seen: Leon, the hunter, le samurai, ghostdoggo, the limits of control

country of production or age doesnt matter.
>>
Elliot Rodgers manifesto
>>
>>82372676
Great thread i've taken down your suggestions to watch myself, wish i could contribute myself film wise but if you're interested in graphic novels "coward" from the criminal series by ed brubaker is 100% this kind of genre.
>>
>>82372676
>>highly disciplined loner who doesnt want to get near society

Literally the premise of The Man Who Sleeps, it's the quintessential loner kino
>>
>>82372676
Drive
>>
>>82372676
>The Pawnbroker
>The Man Who Sleeps
>Collateral
>The Conversation
>Nightcrawler
>Drive
>>
Drive
>>
Only God Forgives
>>
>>82372676
Taxi Driver is the quintessential kino for that description
>>
Gran Torino (not kidding, it's a great movie about an older version of that kind of character)

Day of the Jackal (not the Bruce Willis version)

Drive (*insert meme here*)

Bourne movies (Chamberlain&Damon)

Taxi Driver is a deconstruction of that sub-genre.

Henry, Portrait of a Serial Killer
>>
File: muh trigger discipline.jpg (96KB, 710x900px) Image search: [Google]
muh trigger discipline.jpg
96KB, 710x900px
>>82372676
Nearly any film noir adaptation of the "hardboiled" detective stories popular in the 1920s-1940s, most notably Raymond Chandler and Dashiell Hammett.

>Maltese Falcon
>The Big Sleep
>The Thin Man (a comedy, but some stylistic elements are still present).

The books are much better. If you are capable of reading books, Red Harvest is one of the best "hardboiled" detective stories I've ever read and I've intentionally read them all. Basically a singular, nameless detective against an entire town. Laudanum and whisky are involved. To my knowledge, no accurate rendition has been done in film.

Also, on a different tangent, The Searchers, directed by John Ford and starring John Wayne is a fantastic western in which the main character is a highly experienced loner, who dissociates himself from the current society (post-bellum South), who only deals with society to help the few people he trusts/loves

Regardless of John Wayne's other hammy films, this is one of the very best western movies ever made and is nothing but gritty, isolating and thrilling - all in color made in the 1950s (he doesn't take shit from niggers, injuns or Mexicans).
>>
>>82374158
I wonder if High Plain Drifter would fit the bill? Jeremiah Jonhson might, but he's hardly "disciplined" at the start of the movie.
Maybe the Dollar Trilogy? Angel Face sure is that kind of character, but he's not the protag of TGTBATU (that's Tuco, bitches!).
>>
>>82374319
*Angel Eyes*

fuck, my gay-for-lee-van-cleef is showing... time to watch The Master tv series once again
>>
>>82374319
High Plain Drifter, yes.

The whole dollar trilogy, yes.

The rest, I readily admit I have not seen.

I will say that the only film you are missing is: The Outlaw Josey Wales. It's perfect for OP. Plus, he uses my favorite the Colt-Walker.
>>
>>82372676
Nightcrawler
>>
>>82374673
Outlaw is great.

Jeremiah Jonhson is worth the watch, You've seen his pic on this site a lot as a funny response, but the movie still holds up well. It's a bout a cowboy who says fuck it to civilasation and goes to live like an hermit (then stuff happens with a mentor, indians, an indian wife and bloody revenge)
>>
great kino.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.