[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is watching The Original Series a good idea? I started and loved

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 5353.jpg (24KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
5353.jpg
24KB, 320x240px
Is watching The Original Series a good idea? I started and loved TNG and then DS9, but the Original Series just looks too dated and unsophisticated. Am I wrong?

Side note: Is it worth watching Voyager or the one with Captain Archer? I've watched a few episodes of Voyager but it felt more like an afternoon soap opera even moreso than DS9, and the Captain Archer one looked terrible.
>>
>>82366846
tos is quality.
really nice sci-fi stories and because it is a 60s view of the future it feels fresh
>>
The final episode of TOS, "Turnabout Intruder," implied that the "hysterical woman" stereotype could actually be true. It left a really bad taste in my mouth. I'm glad the series evolved but who okayed that episode? Gene Roddenberry? Was he sexist?
>>
>>82366846
The newer the better
Enterprise > Voyager > DS9 > TNG > TOS
TOS and TNG is pure shit
>>
It's fucking great, really.

Surprisingly intelligent stories, for then or even for now. It was optimistic about the future, which is probably foolish, but not in as an utopian way as The Next Generation... human imperfection and even our savage side was a common refrain and figured into Kirk's character, as well as McCoy's more pathos-based perspective and their dynamic with mathy, logical Spock.
>>
star trek orginal has it's own charm, you have to use your imagination but spock and kirk and bones are truly the best of friends and it's fun exploring their relationship through out the series.
>>
>>82366968
Gene literally had a rule about no female captains
>>
>>82367129
Wait, WHAT?
>>
>>82367092
>>82367071
>>82367023
>>82366968
>>82366907
I want you to know I appreciate your input.
>>
TOS is the only trek. The rest are pale imitations.
>>
>>82367160
Nobody wants to take orders from a woman. Get used to it.
>>
When TOS was good it was great but there are a lot of bad episodes (especially in season three) and more to the point, there is a huge amount of disconnect and anti-continuity in terms of the fact that you could watch the episodes in any real order and not miss a damn thing due to the negative continuity void TOS existed in.

Even TNG and Voyager, both of which were infamous for just about every episode being stand-alone, had subplots and running storylines that spanned multiple episodes and seasons.

As for Voyager, it's worth watching for the glimpse of the show that it COULD have been. There is a skeleton of a good show underneath the shit and the cast, bless their heart, did their best with the garbage they got served.
>>
File: thanks you stupid faggot.jpg (26KB, 346x145px) Image search: [Google]
thanks you stupid faggot.jpg
26KB, 346x145px
>>82367221
Yeah yours too, meet me outside
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.