[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the hell was Janeway promoted to Admiral? https://www.y

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: Kathryn_Janeway,_2379.jpg (267KB, 983x818px) Image search: [Google]
Kathryn_Janeway,_2379.jpg
267KB, 983x818px
Why the hell was Janeway promoted to Admiral?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vF74RbqXr-U
>>
>>82362560
all the tech she brought back...plus it gets her off of a starship so she can't fuck things up as bad.
>>
they wanted to keep her at home as much as possible
>>
She was the best captain and only best captains can be admirals.
>>
Starfleet admirals are mostly nuts.

I love Janeway, but shed for right in.
>>
File: janeway child rearing.gif (2MB, 303x233px) Image search: [Google]
janeway child rearing.gif
2MB, 303x233px
>>82362560

She led a starship almost entirely across a quadrant of the galaxy. She forged relationships with alien civilizations. She identified threats to come and those to be wary of. She also identified and crippled a network of backdoors right into Earth space.

Sure, she did it all pretty much because of a fuckup, but its still getting shit done. Also, she can't fuck things up anymore if they put her behind a desk. Look how many times Kirk got himself demoted, he knew Admiralty was a cuck position.
>>
>>82362560
Her service was admirable.
>>
>>82362560
>that sigh before ordering the tea
I know it's part of the script, but it sums up the TNG movies so well.
>>
File: BujoldJanewayVoyager1.jpg (31KB, 960x480px) Image search: [Google]
BujoldJanewayVoyager1.jpg
31KB, 960x480px
Imposter
>>
>>82362560
Voyager was quite famous, so she became a hero when they finally got home. It's optics for the politicians.
>>
Why was she promoted three times?

I can get promoting her once (rear admiral lower half, one pip).

I can sort of understand promoting her twice (rear admiral, two pips).

But why promote her three times (vice admiral, three pips)?
>>
>>82363784
It's called the Dilbert Principle

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheDilbertPrinciple
>>
Most of the new Starfleet admirals were promoted due to wither experience in the Dominion War. The top brass agreed that Starfleet needed more admirals who earned their stripes via exploration.
>>
>>82362560
The real question is did she get back to Mark?
>>
>>82363331
>Sure, she did it all pretty much because of a fuckup
No she didn't. She stoped the Kazon from getting a high tech space station.
>>
>>82362560
Janeway made it home using herself from the future who died in the collective explosion. The explosion should have reset Voyager back to where it started. Janeway continued her journey home in the original timeline where Seven is dead, Tuvok goes crazy etc. So the Janeway you see in Nemesis is the Admiral that went back in time that keeps Voyager in a bubble time loop.
>>
>>82364921
Why couldn't she put timers on her torpedoes, and have them explode the space station AFTER it sends them home?
>>
File: contempt.jpg (20KB, 470x362px) Image search: [Google]
contempt.jpg
20KB, 470x362px
Because like all Starfleet captains with their own television show, she was in the top 0.01% of captains.
>>
File: delet this.jpg (141KB, 715x571px) Image search: [Google]
delet this.jpg
141KB, 715x571px
because she said so
>>
>>82364956
And by using this theory, I can hear SFDebris cackling in Janeway's voice. "Endless pain and torture haha, Voyager will never get home and yet always get home"
>>
>>82365020
The phase variance of the tricobalt warheads' isolinear chips would have been degaussed by act of sending Voyager back to the Alpha Quadrant.

This is temporal-spatial isolinear dynamics 101, anon.
>>
>>82362560
She completed an almost impossible mission, and captains do have upward mobility

Same with Picard, Kirk, etc. I imagine a lot of Captains are reluctant to go up in rank until they are ready to de facto retire. Once you become an admiral, you don't get to move around. Your job goes from commanding a star ship and a crew you call your family... to administrating paperwork, really.

I imagine Janeway was in no hurry to leave home and, as such, she was fine staying on or immediately around earth.
>>
>>82365165
Fuck off, Brannon.
>>
>>82362560
they didn't want her fucking up on the field, so they gave her some shitty job behind a desk
>>
>>82364921
the kazon she was fighting wanted to destroy the station. he dindu nuffin.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.