[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some other way's they can make the Alien terrifying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 11

File: Alienfilming11.jpg (27KB, 465x375px) Image search: [Google]
Alienfilming11.jpg
27KB, 465x375px
What are some other way's they can make the Alien terrifying again /tv/?
>>
>>82358145
By only having 1, and it being more human like than insect like

After the first Alien they fucked UP the entire concept by trying to explain it, there should of only ever been 1 single xenomorph
>>
remember when the original ending to A L I E N was the big chap ripping off ripleys head and then sending an audio transmission and it spoke in ripleys voice?

kino ending imo
>>
>>82358191
For me they fucked everything up by having cartoon aliens in part 3
>>
>>82358275
It wss always suppose to talk.

And fly around.

I think the tech limits were a good thing desu
>>
>>82358191
I thought the sequel gave the audiences what they wanted to an excellent space horror. Aliens turned it into a space marine action movie. I think the third one was a mistake, they should have turned it into an alien infestation of Earth and people hiding.
>>
>>82358191

i'm ok with their being more than 1, but the whole "queen and nest" scenario really domesticated them in terms of making them identifiable in a human's frame of reference. the great thing about the original film was that you couldn't quite pin down what it was. it was an amalgamation of so many things that give humans fear. part snake, part arachnid, part human, part skeleton, part machine, part octopod....the list just went on. it was a really great design that's unfortunately been wasted on too many directors who just didn't get it.

the ultimate shame of it all is that now such a great design isn't scary anymore because we're too familiar with it. it would take a great director and a great script to make the xeno truly frightening again.
>>
Add in more jump scares.

Trust me. I'm an expert.
>>
>>82358368
There are certain limits of things a film can do to scare the audiance to. Aliens hiss, but it never gives the same spine chilling jump like something in real life hissing at you. Ever had a spider or cockroach his at you? Holy fuck man
>>
One, the xenomorphs needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine. Two, whenever a xeno not on screen, all the other characters should be asking "Where's the xeno"?
>>
File: 1363095145826.jpg (52KB, 605x550px) Image search: [Google]
1363095145826.jpg
52KB, 605x550px
>>82358629
OH GOD THE XENO IS INSIDE MY BODY
>>
>>82358191
Kind of screwed it up by introducing a race of bloodthirsty hunters who slaughters xenos for game.

Predators are WAY scarier than Xenos.
>>
>>82358629

man what was up with that season of smurfs when they had a time machine? even as a kid it depressed the fuck out of me because it was so terrible. I'll google it now
>>
>>82358145
Bring back the sex aspect of it.

Have a large place infected.
Like a whole city.
The main characters have to escape and go through the infected city to get out.
Make it agoraphobic instead of claustrophobic this time.
>>
Add in more environmental hazards. And of course creepy humans with dubious agendas.
>>
>>82358191
If you only have one, you get shit like Alien 3. What you need is more varied types, as well as showing the xeno homeworld (if they have one). Basically just make Alien Earth Hive and its sequels, then make a whole universe set after those, like the comics did. Otherwise you get prequels that don't really add anything or again, shit like Alien 3, because you can only do so much with Ripley.

The cat is out of the bag with the xenos being scary. If they legitimately scare you, get the fuck off 4chan cause you're underageb&. I'd rather have an expanded scifi universe with more varied stories than just RIPLEY KEEPS GETTING SHAT ON and/ore a retread of Alien 1. And also, Resurrection isn't as bad as 3, mostly because it isn't a remake of 1. If it had had a different director it'd have fared better. Same with the fucktarded hybrid design.
>>
>>82358145
It will never be terrifying, the best they can hope for are jump scares. Alien wasn't even scary, just a thriller
>>
>>82358928
>showing xeno backstory
Noooope

We know what they are. They're dangerous weapons
If you want to make a gun scarier, you don't need to see how it was made in a factory

If you want make xenos compelling again, up the stakes.
Maybe have an insurrectionist colony have Colonial Marines/WY try to pacify it with controlled xenos that escape and end up destroying the "invading" force.
>>
>>82358368
Alien Isolation made the xenomorphs scary again.
>>
I want to see the alien rape somebody, like full on hills have eyes, giant ogre penis style.
>>
>>82359093
That wouldn't make the xenos scary again though, which was my main point. Since you can't make them scary again you might as well have some fun with it. The Alien universe is a mix of horror elements and scifi, with some action thrown in to complement both. The comics have gone off on the action part a bit but some still have horror aspects to it. Rather than try to recreate the wheel Ridley should make a universe and take elements from all the comics and tell the myriad of stories they provide.

Anything else would just be a retread and fuck that. Alien did horror best, can't top that. Aliens did action best, can't top that. Prometheus and the recent movie seem to be focusing more on horror than action and that just doesn't do it for me anymore. Why keep copying the same shit over and over? Just show something that hasn't been seen before.

Alien Earth Hive, to me, is the best way to start that. Hicks and Newt analogues face a xeno infestation on a cyberpunk earth, that'd be badass. Blade Runner visuals, WY up front doing evil shit directly instead of from the fringes, massive amounts of xenos out to ruin everybody's shit. The comics take place mostly after that, after the earth infestation has been taken care of. A byproduct of the xenos is used by the military, which calls back to WY planning to use the xenos for weapons programs. Full circle and little to no retreads.

>Alien 1: small incident
>Aliens: medium incident
>Alien Earth Hive: global incident
>future: smaller to medium incidents, following the aftermath of Earth Hive
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (7KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
7KB, 480x360px
>>82358145
This is the alien!
>>
>>82359496
Xenos shouldn't have benis
Just make it a rape analogue
Have it hold someone down with its tail up between their legs while a facehugger shoves its visibly dripping ovipositor down the host's throat

We need more freaky Giger sex shit
>>
>>82359655
>We need more freaky Giger sex shit
yea man
>>
>>82358145
you could give them a third form, for example you could rip off the ringworld concept of humans being an incomplete first stage, a being that really has as second stage of development called the Protector.

So for a human to reach Protector form it has to each a special tuber that houses special bacteria that causes the transformation.

What the form does is, it increases your intelligence hundreds of times over, your genitals fall off, you gain leathery armored skin and a beak, and you can't really die of old age or disease. You also gain this weird sense of smell that makes you do anything and everything to protect your bloodline.

So giving the Xenomorphs a third form that follows that sort of transformation would take them from being mindless hive beings into super intelligent beings with a superior body.

I can't imagine what that body would look like since I'm not that creative but I imagine there are cool things you could do with it.
>>
>>82358145
It takes on traits of a human woman and nags you to death
>>
Alien films will probably never be scary again, the first one was scary because of the suspense and paranoia of the unknown. Aliens wasn't scary but it was a good action movie. The rest were just shit for the most part. If you want to be scared by the Alien franchise again just play Alien Isolation, that shit traumatised me.
>>
File: IMG_0130.jpg (94KB, 802x601px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0130.jpg
94KB, 802x601px
>>82358191
>more human like than insect like
This is what worries me about covenant, in the trailer you see the aliens bashing there skulls on shit like ravenous animals with rabies. Instead of intelligent beings
>>
>>82360754
Blame people who missed the point of Aliens and just watched it casually
>>
You show what happens when the xeno catches the characters (assuming they'll be killed rather than plastered on a wall) rather than cutting out to another scene.
>>
>>82358191
>>82358347
Oh no. Is Ridley actually a hack director?
>tune in May 19th to find out
>>
File: IMG_0002.jpg (365KB, 1536x864px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0002.jpg
365KB, 1536x864px
>>82359995
Nice one
>>
>>82360791
What was the point?

That the aliens were only acting animalistic in defense of their nest and were otherwise intelligent?
>>
>>82361789
They were never acting animalistic. Just alien
They cut off the power, remember?
>>
>>82358145
Give the xenomorph lips to emphasize its more erotic features like HR Giger wanted.
>>
(1) Make Xeno have a vagina

(2) Make Xeno have a phallus that emerges from the vagina

(3) Make Xeno have a vagina that emerges from the urethra of the phallus that emerges from its vagina

(4) Show Xeno in full daylight smashing its skull against a window with no effect of gravity and full Xeno monologue (voiced by Angelina Jolie).
>>
>>82358145
>What are some other way's they can make the Alien terrifying again /tv/?
Practical effects
>>
>>82362531
WE
>>
File: 236327.png (313KB, 1049x457px) Image search: [Google]
236327.png
313KB, 1049x457px
>>82358191
>and it being more human like than insect like
I forgot how terrifying the Alien was when it stood up like a giant human and slowly walking towards Lambert.

To me the Alien is the most terrifying there and wasn't scary at all in Aliens with the way it crawled and moved fast.
>>
>>82362941
>Practical effects in 2017
Too expensive when studios just wanna make sequel after sequel and cinematic universes so the easiest way is to just put things in a computer cos of how lazy they are
>>
>>82362941

What part is that prop from?
>>
>>82363217
It's from the Thing 2011 practicals that got canned cos the studio were fucking idiots
>>
>>82363143
Blade Runner 2049 is using practical effects
>>
>>82363029
I mean, they really were

AYY LMAOS N SHEIT.
>>
File: nightmare.jpg (117KB, 610x915px) Image search: [Google]
nightmare.jpg
117KB, 610x915px
>>82359340
this holy shit, every time the motion tracker beeped and I could hear its footsteps my heart started to race
>>
>>82358928

>What you need is more varied types

Xenos get loose in the heart of Africa. It practically writes itself.
>>
I really hope the new movie isn't full of shitty jumpscares.
>>
not at this point

the series culminated in Aliens.

In the first movie the tension comes body horror and the fact it hid in a large industrial ship where it could pop out of a vent at any time

In the second movie we saw what happens when a colony gets exposed to it and how (in)effective armed people are against it

Everything after that has been ridiculous and at this point it's pure fanfiction shit.
>>
>>82358145
by not explaining fucking everything
>>
>>82358145
Make the movie in a full alien hive where the xenomorph is the last of your problems.
>>
>>82358145
I think the original concept that everyone got "Aliend" was the one to follow, you know, like The Fly, in which a guy is turned into an alien...this was the concept of how the eggs were created at first place.

This idea was never developed further, the Alien was a terror monster, not an action shooter target.
>>
Emphasize the rape aspect of the Alien, especially the homosexual side. Say what you want about being progressive, gay rape still terrifies young men.
Next, KILL THE WOMAN. in ALL Alien movies (except 3), the main female character survives, often as the last one alive. In movie order: Ripley, Ripley, not Ripley, Ripley and Call, Woods (AvP) Molly (AvP:R) and Shaw. 5 bucks and my left ball says that Daniels survives Covenant. So, there's not much suspense. In an Alien movie, the female lead is basically bulletproof. So kill the bitch, and have a man survive. It's not misogynistic, it's a way to actually put ALL the characters in danger. Better yet, have a man save a bunch of people and they survive.
>>
File: C3brKm1XUAUgPOX.jpg (74KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C3brKm1XUAUgPOX.jpg
74KB, 800x1200px
>>82362531

And some tits too, just like my xeno threads.
>>
Practicals won't change a damn thing. Modern CGI is more than suffice. Practical effects are mostly good for nostalgia. Look at Predators. They looked like men in rubber masks. Especially the new Predators looked jarring.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.