[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats /TV/'s thoughts on Gaspar Noe? I love enter the void

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

Whats /TV/'s thoughts on Gaspar Noe? I love enter the void but I think Irreversible falls apart towards the end and loses interest.
>>
I've seen Enter The Void and Live - both masterpieces.

ETV was sadly under-appreciated by people with little / no experience or knowledge of drugs. Love was powerful as I went through a break-up recently. Amazing director.
>>
>>82353354
I've never even touched a drug but ETV so was so powerful and the way it was shot kept me so engaged I can't even wrap my head around how some of the shots were achieved.
>>
He's literally the definition of pretentious hack with nothing of value in his filmography.
He makes terrible boring shit and spices it with shock and taboo topics so retards think it's deep,
>>
>>82353591
This. DUDE SEX MONEY POWER LMAO. Such heavy-handed themes with a self-indulgent style.
>>
>>82353354
I've literally spent 8 months of my life tripping every other week and I hate ETV.
Also if you claim that you need to be high to appreciate a movie it means that it's shit.
>>
his movies are shit.

enter the void had some interesting visuals but that's it.
>>
>>82353649
But ETV was made specifically in mind to mess with people while they are on drugs. He spent years researching ways to achieve this.

What you're saying is correct, but people don't realise that ETV is such a rare exception.
>>
>>82353684
Pleb filter
>>
>>82353059
>carne
>seul contre tous
>irréversible

i've seen this, it's hard to say, kinda like it, but is a sick bastard
>>
>>82353737
>But ETV was made specifically in mind to mess with people while they are on drugs.
I can kinda see that, but what's the point in that? On LSD pretty much everything will confuse you.
>>
>>82353059

you mean towards the beginning?
>>
Carax is a better Noe than Noe
>>
>>82353990
This, his movies have actual depth.
Holy Motors > everything Noe ever did.
Once I thought that Holy Motors was Noe's movie, and his best at that.
>>
>>82353769
druggie dipshit spotted

Yes I know it is about buddah's view on death and what happens after or some chink shit but for fuck's sake you burnout piece of shit the sister tits were great but 2 hours of that dumb shit?

First 20 minutes were great. The rest were complete shit.
>>
>>82353949
>what's the point in that
It plays extremely well with how your brain operates on drugs. Snapping between sequences is much more disorientating on drugs, for example (making rooms suddenly brighter or darker on acid can be a bold move), and he plays with that idea. Similarly with making you feel paranoid, recurring details, how scenes drift into each other - these things are amplified because he understands how the brain would focus on certain things and not others.

Anyway, it makes more sense if you've properly tried it. Not one moment felt slow, empty or without intention. But if you are familiar with this context and have patience for it, you definitely don't NEED drugs to enjoy it.
>>
>>82353059
love is unwatchable
>>
>>82354284
>some chink shit
>sister tits
>lost patience in 20 minutes, probably less

Absolute moron
>>
>>82354434
Why?
>>
>>82353649
Tie your shoe laces boi
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.