[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OMG LIFE IN COMMUNIST HUNGARY IS A TERRIBLE AND CHAOTIC EXPERIENCE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

File: Werckmeister.jpg (35KB, 364x500px) Image search: [Google]
Werckmeister.jpg
35KB, 364x500px
OMG LIFE IN COMMUNIST HUNGARY IS A TERRIBLE AND CHAOTIC EXPERIENCE TO MOST OF ITS CITIZENS! THE UNEDUCATED AND THE POOR ARE EASILY TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF BY THOSE IN POWER! THE MASSES WILL RAPIDLY BREAK DOWN AND DESTROY EVERYTHING AROUND THEM! BUT IF YOU TAKE AWAY THEIR NUMBERS, THEIR WEAPONS, AND THEIR CLOTHES, THEY ARE JUST IMPOTENT AND WEAK! LOOK AT THE NAKED OLD MAN IN THE HOSPITAL, HOW FRAIL AND FRAGILE HE LOOKS AS THE ANGRY MOB DESTROYS EVERYTHING AROUND HIM! SEE HOW THE CAMERA LINGERS ON HIS SHRIVELED BODY, AND HOW THE UNRULY MOB REALLY BEGINS TO CONTEMPLATE THEIR ACTIONS IN THE FACE OF HIS SHRIVELED PENIS! LISTEN TO THE MONOLOGUE OF HOW WERCKMEISTER'S THEOREM BROUGHT DISORDER TO MUSIC THAT SET THE MEDIUM ON A COURSE FOR DESTRUCTION THAT WE EXPERIENCE TO THIS DAY! THIS IS POWERFUL, THIS IS A MIDDLE FINGER TO SOCIETY, THIS IS TRUTH!
>>
> watching it for the plot
>>
OP is a pleb
prove me wrong
>>
so... it's good?
>>
>>82350349
Prove it yourself.
>>
Is it true Tarr is an asshole?
>>
>>82350397
he proves it with his post

>>82350470
yes
>>
OMG I'M SO FUCKING SMART. LOOK AT ME AS I GO ON /TV/ AND MOCK THIS FLICK AND THE DIRECTOR WHILE VIEWING IT REDUCTIVELY BECAUSE DOING SO SHOWS OTHERS HOW SIMPLISTIC IT SEEMS TO ME. OH GOD THE ENTIRE POINT OF MY EXISTENCE IS GETTING (YOU)S.
>>
>>82350540
Did you meet him?
>>
>>82350241
>LISTEN TO THE MONOLOGUE OF HOW WERCKMEISTER'S THEOREM BROUGHT DISORDER TO MUSIC THAT SET THE MEDIUM ON A COURSE FOR DESTRUCTION THAT WE EXPERIENCE TO THIS DAY!

The way I remember it was that the Werckmeister harmonies were an arbitrary imposed order that limits possible musical expression, which that guy's Uncle seeks to dismantle so he can create natural harmonies inherent in the nature of sound. In the end however he realised that while the imposed order is entirely arbitrary without it no harmony is possible, in the same way that while our ideas of truth are limited and possibly wrong we would be entirely unable to reason without them.
>>
>>82350695
yes, there was a screening of Satantango at a local theater and he seemed very aloof and much more interested in talking to his buddies, making out with his gf and drinking champagne rather than interact with his fans.
When I saw him in Cannes with Eva Mendez I started to have my doubts and irl it turns out he's way too much of a diva to talk to his fans without a sour expression on his face saying 'please leave me alone'

>>82350731
I've listened to some of the music played in that guy's tuning style and it sounded the same to me idk
I think it's more like the Wittgenstein thing where he says 'we know the earth revolves around the sun, but if it was the reverse, how would it like to us?' the same of course. Meaning that we only can know things how they look to things from our own point of view even though they might be wrong until some kind of breakthrough tough occurs.
>>
>>82351109
>making out with his gf
Elderly people making out in public? Ew.
What happened in Cannes? I can't find anything about it.
>>
>>82351109
>he's way too much of a diva to talk to his fans without a sour expression on his face saying 'please leave me alone'
Why would anyone want to talk to Bela Tarr? It's like they haven't watched his films.
>>
>>82351282
I know for a fact there was a picture of him hugging Eva Mendes at Cannes, it was somewhat of a meme even, but I can't find it
his gf wasn't really young but definitely much younger and also quite qt
>>
krasznahorkai is a super nice guy to chat to though
>>
>>82351415
>>82351109
Did you talk to him directly or did you only see him scoff at others? Any particularly rude shit he pulled?
>>
>>82351415
Tarr's been married to the co-director or Turin Horse for a long time now.
>>
File: mrs tarr.jpg (41KB, 302x360px) Image search: [Google]
mrs tarr.jpg
41KB, 302x360px
>>82351571
Ew. They deserve each other.
>>
>>82351413
>>82351516

some guy gave him a flower and he was like 'errr thanks' and a manlet asian guy was almost crying and Tarr was patting his back but also trying everything to get away from him
I was so tacky a woman in front of me kept asking him if she could take a picture with him, he didn't really want to but his gf was trying to please the woman, so I took the chance and asked his gf if I could also take a pic and I did
He didn't pull anything too rude, just his general attitude was like 'I'm too god to be here'

>>82351571
what the actual fuck? Is he in an open relationship then bc they were def kissing and the girl he was kissing looked rather beautiful, not at all like his wife
>>
>>82351649
Or you're making shit up.
>>
>>82351649
>>82351109
My friend saw him in Amsterdam and he told me Tarr ridiculed some dude who asked a dumb question about the end of the film. Like Tarr kept making fun of how the guy didn't walk down the stairs when someone was trying to hand him the mic. IIRC he never actually answered the question.
>>
>>82351685
she looked a bit like an older Yekaterina Golubeva
and I overheard something about her maybe making her thesis on him if I didn't mis-hear that part
but I'm 100% sure another person was with me and they saw that too
>>
>>82351649
>some guy gave him a flower
but why

>a manlet asian guy was almost crying
but why
>>
>>82351774
yeah there was a guy asking if directing cows and directing people was the same
the whole thing was quite a shitfest, not one of the question wasn't cringe-worthy, mine included
>>
>>82351902
pls post some of the cringeworthy questions, including your own
>>
>>82350241
You seem to have entirely missed the point. Tarr is not talking about Communism. The film was made years after Communism ended.
>>
>>82351965
>The film was made years after Communism ended.
The regime depicted in the movie is very obviously a send-up to Hungary's Communist regime.
>>
>>82351774
Why wouldn't he ridicule him? Everything the audience asks at a director Q&A is always self-regarding bollocks anyway, they're only asking anything so they can be heard talking to the director, and most of their questions usually indicate either a lack of the most basic research into the person they're talking to, or else incredibly wooly thinking. Or, if they're younger, they're just Inside the Actor's Studio-style "hi, I'm a director too, and I was wondering" style self-advertisment to which any replies the director might give are entirely coincidental. "Haha, you lazy bastard, letting them bring the mic to you" is what such people deserve.
>>
>>82352094
No, you've entirely missed the point, as I said. You shouldn't even be watching his work. There's no way for someone like you to understand it.
>>
>>82352131
>No, you've entirely missed the point,
Seems like you did.
>>
>>82352142
To you, a peasant who missed the point.
>>
>>82352142
no u fag
>>
>>82350241
The film specifically and explicitly takes place after Communism. You're one of those Americans who thinks Russia is still Soviet, right?
>>
>>82352221
>>82352223
Tell me how the failed revolution didn't parallel Hungry's own failed rebellion against the Soviets in 1956.
Tell me how the state's control over all facets of industry didn't resemble the USSR's collectivism of the Balkans.
>>
>>82352266
>The film specifically and explicitly takes place after Communism.
Oh really? I forgot the scene where they showed a calendar that showed the date and time of the film's plot.
>>
>>82351964
here's some I remember, try to imagine this with a thick Dutch accent, if you don't know what a Dutch is like imagine if a German had a stroke and started pronouncing 'g's like an arab

>1. the guy was an older guy and clearly trying to get a chuckle out of the audience by asking if directing cows was much harder than directing people

>2. the question was about symbolism and Tarkovsky, if Tarr also used symbolism in his films to which he simply replied 'no'

>3. obligatory question about the cat being allright

>4. can't remember what the question of the guy going up and down the stairs was but they went on what it seemed like forever about how he should have gone down the stairs and taken the mic from the girl instead of making her go all the way up to him

4. the best for last was my question which made the whole theater go silent was about Gyorgy Feher and if he still was in contact with him, to which he replied 'he's dead'

he also groped grills asses while he was drinking champagne
j/k
>>
>>82352439
>to which he simply replied 'no'
based af
>>
>>82352439
oh I just remembered the idiot guy that wouldn't go down the stairs question, it was about what did 'the huns are coming' mean
to which he said it was just a phrase in Hungary meaning 'trouble is coming'
I wanted to ask him a follow up question if he didn't find a parallel with the current European immigration crisis especially after his last quote about Europe being Nazis with the whole refugee situation but I didn't have the balls
>>
>>82352615
>Europe being Nazis with the whole refugee situation
Ha! Figues. What a fucking old liberal fogey
>>
>>82352682
>Trump is the shame of the United States. Mr. Orvan is the shame of Hungary. Marine Le Pen is the shame of France. Et cetera.
>We have a global youth; not any more of this fucking provincial, nationalistic shit. Which is why I was teaching. We're not prophets. We don't want to educate people, we just want to share a feeling.

http://www.slantmagazine.com/house/article/marrakech-international-film-festival-an-interview-with-director-bela-tarr
>>
>>82352799
>we just want to share a feeling.
Literally MUH FEELINGS. I'm glad he's retired. Talented director but good lord.
>>
>>82352615
I don't know about the question, but the movie ends with a lunatic screaming "The turks are coming" over and over, which is a reference to the paranoia of Hungarians regarding Turkey (former occupiers and war-ers).
>>
>>82352615
pussy
>>
>>82352615
stand up for your convictions wuss.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.