[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just watched The Thing for the first time. Bravo Carpenter.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: vlcsnap-2017-05-03-16h13m52s970.jpg (378KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-05-03-16h13m52s970.jpg
378KB, 1920x816px
Just watched The Thing for the first time.

Bravo Carpenter. We don't talk about this enough.
>>
>>82330430
IT ISN'T BENNINGS
>>
File: 1468547537922.jpg (32KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1468547537922.jpg
32KB, 413x395px
>>82330430
>We don't talk about this enough.
>>
>fire melts snow
>snow turns to water
>water doesn't extinguish flames

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>82330542
>petroleum doesn't seal the fire against the snow/melted water
chemistrykino
>>82330496
We really don't, otherwise I'd have seen it by now.
>>
>>82330430
there was like 5 threads today alone
>>
>>82330590
How fucking new are you? The Thing is spammed by autists regularly
>>
>>82330644
Well I wasn't there...

Wait a second, where's Blair?
>>
Was Childs a thing now or what?
>>
>>82330713
Yes. Truly Carpenter is a master of subtext and inference. Now, off to watch They Live...
>>
is it really true that carpenter and cronenberg was best bud like griffith and guts, but their friendship took a worse turn when cronenberg began his ascension to godhood?
>>
>>82330912
Carpenter said Cronenberg became sort of a snob but who knows.

Here's a vid of the good old times
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9VfvUVrlgs
>>
>>82330430
my fav. part of the making of the thing was they were going to use the medbay for more scenes, but the problem was they didnt make 2 medbays, and the medbay was going to go through some transformation (more blood, gore, slime shit, etc) and since it was a closed off room, they closed it after painting and setting all the effects shit. Turns out the fumes and the materials itself are flamable. And when they lit a fire for another scene on a set by it, the fumes caught on fire and it blew it up/burned it down.

So carpenter had to do massive rewrites on the spot as to not fuck up filming
>>
>>82330713
Yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SppG-I_Dhxw
>>
>>82330430
You'll be glad to hear you can and will watch it on a semi-regular basis and it's just as awesome and oddly comfy.

To know that Carpenter was capable of a 10/10 film like this makes his later output especially disappointing.
>>
Friendly reminder The Thing threads are cancer due to all the fan-factioning and reddit-tier theories.
>>
>>82330430
>We don't talk about this enough.

How the fuck would you know? You hadn't even seen it before.

>>82321897
>>
>>82330430
You're under the influence of the Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon (when you learn/experience something and then suddenly hear or see it more frequently)

There's almost daily The Thing threads here and you will see it in most anons top 10 lists.
It's /tv/ approved.
>>
>>82330713
>>82331062

Every time. These backing retards. Every fucking time.
>>
cronenberg sounds like a jerk
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.