[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was the last season of this show so bad? Seasons 1 through

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1200.jpg (165KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1200.jpg
165KB, 1200x675px
Why was the last season of this show so bad?

Seasons 1 through 6 were consistent in quality.

Then their LAST season is just completely void of any jokes or thought.

It feels intentional. Are they trolling producers?
>>
bump n succ
>>
It's Always Sunny progressively got worse. Workaholics just DROPPED OFF
>>
They probably just got sick of it.

That's the only reason I can think of why it dropped so weirdly. The entire tone feels off too.

Last episode sucked, which is bad since they could have easily made it a nice little finale.
>>
>>82327317
I don't know but it was real real bad.... and second to last had a few gems but it was pretty bad too. The writing just went to absolute shit, it was like a parody of a parody of itself at that point.

When you think back to great episodes like the body building competition, the ghost of tel-americorp, or To Friend a Predator.... this show was the worst drop off in quality of any I've ever watched.

An even steeper drop off than Lost.

I don't get it, did they get sick of fame so they thought they could pump the brakes by making a season of the shittiest comedy tropes.... I've tried to watch all of them but there were a couple in the last season that I had to turn off from being too annoying....
>>
>>82327379
I would argue, that Sunny changed tones.... but for the most part, I like the newer seasons BETTER than the old. Sunny is the most consistently funny sitcom in history and these shows used to be on even footing, but towards the end, Workaholics is less funny than fucking Two and a Half Men.
>>
LOL WEED BROS LOL DRUGS XD
BEER HAHAHAHAH
>>
>>82328698
You haven't ever seen the show have you
>>
>>82328756
I've watched every episode twice.
it's literally WEED AND BEER AND LOL XD
>>
reddit the show
>>
>>82328698
It was more a grew up in the late 80s in the valley manchild kinda show but okay.
>>
i only watched it for delicious alice
>>
I like how they were pretending to be in their mid 20s when a majority of the shit they talked about was shit a guy in his mid 30s would be talking about.
>>
>>82328800
she looks too much like my sister for me to like her
>>
>>82328788
you saying it's funny? cool
>>
>>82328813

37yo here, I talk about pretty much the same things I did back when I was in my 20's. What exactly do you think a 30 something wouldn't talk about that a 20 something would?
>>
>>82328813
They never say their ages, but in the prank war episode, they hint that they're men in their mid 30s trying to fit in with 20-somethings.

Which seems about right. All of the old kid's shows and movies they reference (when a lot of what these dudes do appeals to nostalgia), were big when I was growing up and I'm 36. I would guess they're around the same age.
>>
>>82328889
Here's the thing, young people have this notion that old people are supposed to behave maturely which is a delusion they got from school/church.

Truth is older adults frequently behave not to differently than they did when they were teenagers. I frequently get together with my crew and we have drunken chaos sessions that feel about like my teenage ones.

At about 25, you realize there's no true adults. Public school just convinced you once you hit 20 you always become boring, polite, and don't party anymore.
>>
>>82328687

Nah, the last 2 seasons have had blatantly terrible episodes that weren't funny or entertaining, even if there were some good episodes too.

Plus they started to make the all the characters much dumber, especially Dennis.
>>
>>82328687
The new seasons seem so limited in scope; the old seasons where kinda about the Gang attempting something tangle and their inherent horribleness and stupidity derailing everything.

Now, it's mostly this weird analysis of the characters without growing them anymore; whatever the characters were after S7 just seems to be who they are now, but just far more hyperbolic.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.