[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

They were more retarded than the aliens from Signs if you give

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: dumb.jpg (79KB, 1024x617px) Image search: [Google]
dumb.jpg
79KB, 1024x617px
They were more retarded than the aliens from Signs if you give it a moment's thought.
>>
>>82323429
>and then they all died of bacteria or something. the end!

I actually really enjoyed this movie until it was ruined by the most anti climatic ending of all time.
>>
>>82323429
They were Demons in Signs.
>>
>>82323702
but thats what happened in the original
>>
>>82323728
p → q
>>
>>82323728
well that's garbage too then. did they also do it of screen?
>>
>>82323429

>>there will never be a good adaptation of the way everything is described in the books
>>
Say what you want, the tripod entrance was fucking epic

*BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPP
>>
>>82323702
Better than the 'murica fuck year! Most movies of this sort end with
>>
>>82323429
>he never read the Wells book or listened to the Welles show
>>
>>82323880
But it did end like that
>>
>>82323907
>listening to the broadcast or reading it instead of listening to the musical

never gonna make it
>>
>>82323429
Assuming >>82323722 theory is wrong and the signs creatures are aliens I'd argue that WotW aliens are better in every aspect.

Killed millions compared to the inability to kill a farm house in signs

the deafeting threat was not visable from space as signs aliens should have seen the water and the WotW aliens could be argued just to be twats about taking off helmets etc.

finnaly a signs alien was trapped in a pantry

The only redemming feature of the signs invasion was they apparently fled (AKA some lived) whilst WotW implies the majority died
>>
>>82323917
even worse they do it off screen.

that's what pissed me off, after all that chaos it just ends tom cruise's family is fine, and then morgan freeman "oh yeah they all died thanks for watching" it's a let down.
>>
>>82323702
Also the ending doesn't even make sense.

Aliens with super advanced technology wouldn't test water before drinking? they wouldn't wear helmets and test the air is safe first? yeah okay then.
>>
>>82324038
I have no excuse for not including that masterpiece. I feel slightly ashamed. I don't even like JMJ but shiiiit, I fucked up what can I say.
>>
>>82323429
In the original the tripods came in meteors, right? Even though that's dumb, the idea that aliums buried those huge things on the ground (and no one ever found them) and entered them via lightning bolts is beyond retarded. Which of these two versions is in the novel?
>>
>>82323429

Aliens relied too much on technology and regressed intellectually. There.
>>
File: ayy lmao smoking pepe.jpg (35KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
ayy lmao smoking pepe.jpg
35KB, 499x499px
>>82323429
>>82324196
If the aliens somehow evolved in a situation/on a planet with completely different evolution and biology, and without microbes or diseases, then perhaps it was a threat that they simply couldn't have anticipated. They didn't even know microscopic life was a thing.

Though if their biology is that different from Earth life, then it's still dumb, there's no reason to think Earth's bacteria or viruses would be compatible with (able to attack) their cells or bodies.
>>
>>82324525
This is plausible because it's happening to humanity.
>>
File: 1493589782079.jpg (35KB, 414x310px) Image search: [Google]
1493589782079.jpg
35KB, 414x310px
>>82324741

>They didn't even know microscopic life was a thing.
>>
>>82324439
If I remember right, in the book they land and then spend a few days building the tripods and while everyone is watching/getting zapped if they come to close
>>
File: 1439525250064.jpg (42KB, 754x734px) Image search: [Google]
1439525250064.jpg
42KB, 754x734px
>>82324907
No reason it couldn't be possible.

What if... say... a radiation storm could sort of cook a planet and kill all lifeforms below a certain size, so only the macroscopic ones remain.
And the aliens in the movie don't evolve until millions of years after that.
>>
>They were undone, destroyed, after all of man's weapons and devices had failed, by the tiniest creatures that God in his wisdom put upon this earth

what's up with this religious quote? what about the aliens. were they created by god?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.