[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Grown Ups I can forgive, because it got the casual audience

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (32KB, 266x373px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 266x373px
Grown Ups I can forgive, because it got the casual audience

*insert post 2010 Sandler film here* apparently made money, otherwise he wouldn't still be employed.

But please explain why this shit can possibly make money, outside of tax cuts, but it's through Netflix, not Happy Madison.

I just don't get why this guy gets so many chances.
>>
>>82305404
His movies are light hearted comedies that don't require much concentration. They are good dating movies and frankly good movies to have on in the background.

Not to mention he's extremely hit or miss. I couldn't even finish the Ridiculous 6 but I really enjoyed the Do-Over. It's different for every person.
>>
>>82305404
people in central/south america LOVE this shit.
>>
He should just do sequels to all his old movies at this point. He's that far gone.
>>
>>82305404
This was the first Sandler movie since Mr Deeds I didn't completely hate. Sure his voice was grating unlistenable trash but it had an actual plot and enough heart to be almost mediocre.
>>
File: 1487356924363.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
1487356924363.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
I just wish he'd do another movie like Punch Drunk Love
>>
>>82305404

The major issue I have is, I get why he was getting so many chances when he had his own production company, which produced so many stinkers, that were still tax write-offs.

But after that proved to be not feasible, and the garbage fire that was the Ridiculous Six, why is he still trying with the same old Schlick?
>>
>>82305720
he tried in 2014 but his attempts were "The Cobbler" and "Men Women and Children"
>>
Adam Sandler is fascinating. In every scene. And i mean EVERY fucking scene, the guy looks like he doesn't want to be there. Why make comedies? Was it apointed by his hollywood overlords? He should star in edgy movies about schizophrenia
>>
If you look closely, you can see senility setting in.
Dementia is a helluva drug.
>>
>start movie
>immediately struck by awful 60 FPS film that looks like it was shot on a smartphone
>the collection of Sandler regulars all talk about "Sandy Wexler! Sandy Wexler!"
>cut to him on the street
>OHW HAI ARSENIO REMEMBA MEE?
That's where I stopped watching
>>
>>82305404
I'm convinced he has a deal with Satan or something. This fucking turd hasn't made a good movie for years, but he's such a whore he basically makes money through product placement and bloating budgets he embezzles.
>>
>>82305753
>so many stinkers

Those "stinkers" made huge money. Just look at the box office receipts for the two Grown Ups movies.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.