[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT we discuss major plot holes of popular movies. i'll

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 7

File: Hoho!.jpg (203KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Hoho!.jpg
203KB, 1024x768px
ITT we discuss major plot holes of popular movies.

i'll start with pic related
>>
>>82299885
>can control practically anything with his words and song
>the ring has no control over him
>conveniently doesn't give a shit about the rest of the world even though he cared about the lives of some midgets who venture into his land
>>
>>82299885
You clearly don't know what a plot hole is
>>
>>82299885
He wasn't in the movies you retard
>>
>>82299885
or maybe

>why didn't they just fly on those giant birds all the way
>>
>Hobbit legend that became a part of the story after multiple generations and translations

Tolkien was meta as fuck.
>>
File: 1492430817937.jpg (442KB, 1075x823px) Image search: [Google]
1492430817937.jpg
442KB, 1075x823px
Was it autism?
>>
File: muh dream.jpg (43KB, 800x449px) Image search: [Google]
muh dream.jpg
43KB, 800x449px
>>82299978
>"cared"
>implying it wasn't all part of the causuality he set in motion to gain supreme power over all of Arda
>>
File: 13759695500190.jpg (15KB, 250x215px) Image search: [Google]
13759695500190.jpg
15KB, 250x215px
>>82300041
He's still canon so it counts. Deal with it.

Also why didn't Sauron guard the entrance of Mount Doom. At least just one big, scary monster. 'muh hubris' is not an argument.
>>
>>82300661
is tom bombadil australian?
>>
>>82300694
>'muh hubris' is not an argument.
Yes, it is. He didn't have to guard it because the power of the ring was so great that nobody could hope to destroy it. Frodo couldn't do it at the end, and the ring only ended up being destroyed by sheer luck.
>>
>>82300661
>hey dol, merry dol
>doll
>girl
hey girl lovely girl
>ring a dong dillo
>ring my bell
jerk my dick off
>tom bom
>tom explode
he ejaculates
>jolly tom, tom bombadillo
thats him, happy

i.e. hey girl, suck my dick, make me a happy lad
>>
>>82300781
There had been a first attempt to destroy it and that attempt came very close to succeeding. He should have anticipated more attempts.
>>
>>82300694
>>82300781
Beyond that he also didn't even know they were in mordor. It's almost impossible to enter and he did have one big scary monster that defended the only other entrance.
>>
>>82300831
damn.
>>
>>82300694

I'm pretty sure the Nazgol were guarding the Mount Doom until they were called away to deal with the army at the front gate.

Atleast, thats what I assumed.
>>
>>82300855
>>82300934
Why didn't he just collapse the entrance?
>>
>>82300694
>Big ass gates
>Army of orcs and monsters
>Inhospitable landscape, with poisonous fumes and volcanic heat
>Nazgul patrolling
>The only known hidden entrance is guarded by a giant demigod spider that eats everything
>The ring corrupts everyone and everything around it, and seemingly grows stronger the closer it gets to Mt. Doom
>Your big ass evil eye watching everything

The place was pretty well covered, so yeah, hubris is a pretty good excuse.
>>
Why didn't they just keep rolling into Mordor and clean house with the invincible ghost army?
>>
>>82301009
All of that yet he gets cucked by a very cheap distraction manoeuvre lel

It isn't logical that he didn't collapse the entrance. It's okay to have a couple of flaws in your story. But the fan base going through Olympics tier gymnastics to """"""""justify""""""" them is just cringe
>>
File: IMG_5286.jpg (81KB, 1024x526px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5286.jpg
81KB, 1024x526px
>>82299885
Why didn't the orcs just abuse the westerners open borders immigration policies while sauron put their empires into debt through usury until they all became so degenerate and weak that they eventually capitulated themselves to feminism and faggotry? Checkmate eagles.
>>
>>82300976
He forged the ring there, he might want to forge something else. It can also destroy anything he'd like to destroy.

Beyond this it's the old reason of him not even conceiving that anyone would be capable of or willing to destroy it.
>>
why didn't sauron just make some more rings?
>>
THERE IS LITERALLY NO REASON FOR MOUNT DOOM NOT TO HAVE A HEAVILY GUARDED ENTRANCE. LITERALLY NONE. LETS THINK THIS THROUGH THERE ARE TWO REASONS WHY IT IS IMPORTANT 1) BECAUSE IT CAN DESTROY THE RING 2) BECAUSE ITS A BIG ASS FORGE AND HE CAN USE IT TO FORGET SOMETHING NEW. SO THAT MEANS THIS ENTRANCE. THIS ONE ENTRANCE. SHOULD HAVE BEEN GUARDED BY A 50FT TALL FIRE SPEWING MOTHERFUCKING SPIDER WITH A SCORPION TALE. FUCK YOU TO THE LITERAL TOLKIENDRONES WHO DEFEND THIS MAJOR TACTICAL FLAW FOR THE SAKE OF THE NARRATIVE.
>>
>>82300336
the eagles would have been corrupted by the rings
>>
>>82301046
Not him but the reason Sauron didn't feel the need for a gate was cause it didn't matter who had it inside Mt.Doom, they would still be corrupted by its will, just like Frodo was in the end.
It was really a way to get the Ring back to Mordor so he could regain his former form quicker.

However, the one thing he didn't count on was that Eru (God himself) would intervene and push Gollum over the ledge.
>>
>>82299978
>can control practically anything with his words and song

Certainly not. Why do you think this?
>>
>>82301175
It was guarded by a gate that required a number of cave trolls to slowly open it.
>>
File: IMG_5546.jpg (256KB, 1280x877px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5546.jpg
256KB, 1280x877px
>>82301175
It was a metaphor for jews

If they just stopped being jews, maybe they wouldnt cause the rise of antisemitism, but theyre jews so they jew
>>
>>82301175
>I literally CAN NOT accept any arguments against me and if you try to argue this I WILL throw a tantrum
>Taking the opposite side of my argument means you're a drone LALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU
>>
>>82299885
>>82300336
>>82301175
These literally aren't plot holes. You don't seem to know what a plot holes is.
>>
>>82300603
Bombadil wasn't part of hobbit legend. Why do you think that?
>>
>>82301175
this is autism
>>
>>82301046
You're ignoring that even despite getting through all Mordor's defenses, Frodo still failed. The ring seemingly gets to everyone just before they toss it in, and Sauron's probably aware of that. It was sheer luck (or plot armor) that Gollum happened to have been there, and decided to get into a slap fight with Frodo.
>>
Why didn't Sauron have a gate or something at the entrance of Mt. Doom?
>>
>>82301046
Why would you collapse the entrance to your forge, it's not like he only used it the one time.
>>
>>82300934
Correct. The final stand at the black gate was one last distraction technique.
>>
>>82301175
It's surrounded on all sides for miles by fucking Mordor. You also seem to be forgetting that Saurons fatal flaw is and always was arrogance.
>>
>>82300336
The Eagles were lazy dicks that only came to do something if they

1. Owed a debt
2. Realized THEY would not benefit from Sauron actually winning

>Ya know what, if Sauron actually wins this, it might kinda suck for our sitting around and doing nothing lifestyle.. lakjsdlfkjlekrjlksdjf lets go...
>>
>>82301175
You guys seem to have maybe not understood this. Mt. Doom's primary entrance was blocked/guarded. The area where Frodo and Sam got in was not the same place where Sauron forged the rings.
>>
>>82301224
I'm not talking about a motherfucking gate if I was Sauron I would have ordered my orcs to find me the biggest, nastiest, most fierceful big ass monster to guard the entrance
>>82301234
No arguing you Tolkiendrones about blatant plotholes is like attempting to mop the floor with an open water tap on
>>82301242
Then what are they? Convenient flaws?
>>82301251
>Ad hominem
I win
>>82301303
Literally the whole MUH HUBRIS again. Not even going to bother the rest of your sentence
>>82301360
So there were multiple entrances? So why didn't he at laest collapse one?
>>
>>82301409
>No arguing
>I win
pottery
>>
>le old guard troll
guaranteed replies
>>
>>82301409
>Literally the whole MUH HUBRIS again. Not even going to bother the rest of your sentence
Why not? Are you too retarded to form an argument against that point?
>>
>>82301483
Because it doesn't make any sense. Especially after he had already been warned by the intention of man to destroy the ring. Yeah the attempt failed but THIS is the point where he should have decided to up his efforts to guard the entrance which, in retrospect, would have been minimal effort to secure his victory over man.
>>
>>82301409
I believe the main forge entrance had long been blocked up. Mt. Doom was most likely normally guarded but as others have pointed out, Sauron sent out a large force when Gandalf and Aragorn showed up at the black gate. The other thing to keep in mind is that Aragorn had wrestled control of the palantir stone away from Sauron and revealed himself. Sauron probably suspected that he had the One Ring as well.
>>
>>82301517
Why doesn't it make sense? Arrogance is central to his character. "If I was Sauron" isn't a valid answer, by the way.
>>
Why do you guys keep replying to the entrance guard baiters
>>
>>82301517
>Characters can't have flaws
>If they do it means the character isn't well written/the story is flawed
>>
>>82301567
All LotR threads start with some sort of bait. It's fun to watch the plot hole fags get firmly disproven every time.
>>
>>82301409

There was only two way inside Mordor, anon

Remember that one way was kept by a gate that only big ass orcs can open and in the other way was kept by a big ass spider. While one was meant for a whole army to go through, the other was done for emergencies or short squads to pass through

Beside, making the whole way to Mt Doom is a hazardous one since you can get fucked by orcs, the eye, or your own greed taking over when you reach mt doom
>>
Tfw I used to bait LotR threads but genuinely felt bad about being a nuisance to people more passionate about something than I'll ever be
>>
>>82301755
Not to mention Nazgul aerial patrol.
>>
What happens to the east of Middle Earth? Is it the edge of the world?
>>
>>82301821
You mean if you sail from the Grey Havens?
>>
File: IMG_8003.jpg (38KB, 378x352px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8003.jpg
38KB, 378x352px
>mfw Valinor is literally in space
>>
>>82301906
that's the west
>>
>>82301906
>Into the West
>>
>>82300841
The first and only attempt to destroy it failed because the failsafe of "you cannot destroy this ring unless by accident" kicked in. Nobody in Middle Earth has the willpower to deliberately throw the One Ring into the fires of the Mountain. It had to fall in by accident. Predicting "what if that freak halfling follows them in and falls in while holding the ring?" is far too much of a stretch.
>>
>>82301977
>>82302001
Yeah, sorry. Bay of Belfalas. That would take you into Harad and whatever else lies east.
>>
>>82301517
The thought of someone destroying the ring was literally literally inconceivable to him.
Aragorn whom Sauron believed to have the ring marched with a huge army to Mordor.
Christ are you retarded
>>
>>82301517
Sauron actually has a short line of indirect dialogue in the book.

When pippin took up the Palintir and accidentally contacted Sauron, Sauron initially thought he was talking to Saruman

>Remember; when you find it it belongs to ME!
>Wait a minute.. who the hell are you?
>You're one of those..
>HAHA OH WOW! REALLY?!
>Stay right there I'll send one of my guys to pick you up! haha this is great!
>Tell that idiot not to touch it, cya soon.

He came off as blatantly arrogant and confident. It is literally his biggest flaw as an individual (and not as a written character)

Sure he may realize what they are up to, but he literally sees himself as a God, what are they gonna do, huh? Nerds!
>>
>>82300678
haha grriiiiiffiiith haha xD
>>
>>82300841
That was only in the flicks, Isildur never went to Mt.Doom
>>
>>82299885
It's a hole that doesn't need to be filled
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.