[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>/tv/ is so contrarian they'll never admit they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

>/tv/ is so contrarian they'll never admit they were on a break
>>
WE WERE ON A BREAK
>>
> WE WERE ON A BREAK!

They were fucking literally on a break.
>>
>>82291262
>having sex with someone else despite your blatant feelings and then dismissing because of the "going on a break" meme

if youre going on a break in a relationship, youre taking time apart form each other. that doesnt mean you should be off fucking other people. when you spend too much time wiht your best friend and start bickering, you go home and dont see them for a few days, you dont go off and get a new best friend.

obviously if it lasts longer than a few days, shes probably fucking someone else.
>>
>>82292526
If you were my best friend I would definitely get a new best friend..faggot
>>
>On a break
I thought this was a meme, Americans seriously do this? How many layers of retarded would you have to be to think this is an acceptable solution... Just fucking go your separate ways you cucks, none of your problems will be magically solved by spending some time apart and/or fucking other people
>>
>>82292526
false equivalency considering relationships and friendships are completely different dynamics.
The reason for a break in a relationship is to see whether you're actually happy and want to continue the relationship, or see other people. The only way to do this is to see other people in the break.
Rachel was the one who proposed the break and the ONLY reason this is controversial is because no one expects the guy to fuck during the break. It's the same in open relationships.
Ross did nothing wrong
>>
>>82292526
Ross literally had no intention of fucking that butch until he found out that dude that caused all this was at her apartment. He was completely justified. Rachel knew he caused the rift and should've never let that guy again. Only am autist would think Ross was in the wrong
>>
>>82291262
I never watched friends so I probably don't get this meme....

... but here's the reality of the matter, going "on a break" is usually how a partner will convince the other to agree to a break UP that they really don't want.

A break is a less-harsh sounding breakup in every case I've ever heard....

That's one of those things a guy probably should know but may have to learn the hard way.

And if she wants "a break" you may as well wash your hands of the situation because something is either going on behind the scenes that you won't appreciate or is about to....

If she suggests it, she wants to put you on ice while she pursues another option and if it doesn't pan out wants to be able to have you back.... that's what it means. You were warned.
>>
>>82293086
This happened to me word for word. At the time I didn't take her seriously when she said "may be we should take a break" (because she said it jokingly) and went on to work in another city to save some money and kept calling and texting her like an idiot. One day she tell me "there is no longer "we", you know that right?" and tells me about the new guys she is seeing as Im saving up for a ring...
Jesus christ, it took me a while to get back on my feet
>>
>>82293190
I've had it happen to me too.... then I learned better. Jesus, why don't our fathers teach us this shit. Virtually everything about dating guys learn the hard way in our culture....

and fucking forget taking any dating advice from a woman. I can't tell if they're just super dishonest themselves about what they want/expect, or they like deceiving guys by telling the exact opposite shit works than really does....

But don't feel bad bro, all of us with dating lives have experienced this....

if she's asking for a break, she's wanting a break UP, she's just wanting it to sound a bit better and not wanting to immediately burn the bridge with you in case the new thing doesn't play out....
>>
I marathoned the first episode earlier

Should I keep watching?
>>
>>82292439
they were tho
>>
>>82293294
nice try
>>
>>82293294
If you like it, then sure....

... but it's essentially the Two and a Half Men of the 90s. Just junk tv for plebs. I think nostalgia has clouded many peoples' judgment as far as Friends go.

It was never anything special. I got a couple chuckles maybe over the 10 times I caught it on tv the last 25 years. And I thought Courtney Cox in her prime was really hot....

but the show itself is garbage.
>>
>>82293294

Just look up "best of" clips on YouTube.

Overall, the show has a really cheesy sense of humor, but it's relaxing to watch.
>>
File: DAB.jpg (36KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
DAB.jpg
36KB, 1280x720px
I used to side with Ross on the break thing, but you have to remember that Rachel had the opportunity to have sex with someone else whilst on the break, but chose not to because it felt wrong. Ross, on the other hand, went dick first into any willing pussy.
>>
I fucked a chick who was on a break once.
>>
What Ross should have said all those times was, in fact, "YOU TOLD ME we were on a break!"

Look, both of them fucked up. Ross was being too clingy as she was trying to rise in her actual grown up job. Rachel failed to make time for them and was the one who proposed they take a break. She immediately regretted this, but let the co-worker into her apartment anyway.

You guys are right though, Ross actually believed the relationship was OVER and told Joey and Chandler this ("if one of you wants to break up, you break up,") until they convinced him to call her and work it out. He did, heard the guy over the phone, got mad/drunk, and the copy girl who was all over him all night finally succeeded in seducing him. The morning after they reconciled, with Ross hiding the girl, and eventually the truth came out and, after the long argument, Rachel decided she couldn't trust him anymore.

So no, deep down Ross didn't believe they were on a break. He first thought they were broken up, and then thought Rachel wanted her coworker, which led to him sleeping with copy girl. He used the break as an excuse for his role in the mess for years. This would imply that they agreed to a break and he was totally justified in seeing/sleeping with someone else.

BUUUUT this would also absolve Rachel of having her co-worker over, as, under the rules of the break, having him over would be no worse than Ross sleeping with copy girl.

In summation, if Ross had lambasted Rachel for bringing up the idea of the break, or even accusing her of initiating it, then he effectively shifts blames away from himself, as it set off the chain of events where he was heartbroken, then set up to be humiliated (believing Rachel lied to him about wanting her co-worker.)

He did push Rachel to it, of course, but she made most of the mistakes after. And then we saw how jealous and malicious she could be in the years to come, convincing his girlfriend to shave her head, intending to stop his wedding to Emily, etc.
>>
>>82291262
All of them except Rachel admitted that Ross was right.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.