[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was even the point of this movie? >Dude, my teacher is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

File: Whiplash-Movie-Images.jpg (147KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
Whiplash-Movie-Images.jpg
147KB, 1200x800px
What was even the point of this movie?
>Dude, my teacher is l like, really really mean and stuff
>>
It was the jazz equivalent of million dollar baby you noxious pleb
>>
DUDE DRUMS LMAO
>>
>>82285800
Idort numale can't pick up on the nuanced exploration of the themes of pedagogy and masculinity
>>
>make a movie about the struggles of achieving musical perfection in a way never seen before
>make it about fucking drums

what a missed opportunity.
>>
>>82285895
dollar baby
>>
>>82285938
>pedagogy
Stop using big words to attempt to sound smart, you fag.
>>
>>82285800
>Dude, my teacher is like, really really mean and stuff

Only the entire point of the movie was Flecher was 100% right you brainless faggot-word
>>
>>82285983
Idiot normie guitarist detected
>>
It was a shot at liberal cucks and their unadulterated lust for complacency. Greatness can never be achieved if every loser faggot gets a medal for failing.
>>
>>82285800
It's Black Swan, except with drums.
>>
Somebody help I just watched this flick and I'm all sweaty before bedtime
>>
>>82286098
This the movie surprisingly felt very anti liberal. It was about not being all pc and actually pushing yourself to the limit to be the best at something
>>
I thought the film was portraying the struggle towards being the best.
I could defo relate from my days playing MMOs, being both the kid and the old man.
If you wanna git gud the sacrifice is real, the film kind of touches upon it but doesn't really show the 18+ hrs a day commitment.
Like, cmon dude, you've really got time to sit down and eat a meal?
>>
>>82286055
You missed the point of the movie you faggot-lipped bitch.
>>
It's impossible to tell when he was supposed to be good since all drum banging sounds the same
>>
>>82286247
Then spell it out to me you fat, worthless, limpdicked little dipshit
>>
>>82286479
except when it's not quite his tempo
>>
git gud: the movie
>>
>>82286020
Found the pedagog
>>
>tfw no one here understood the movie

It's a "you became one of the best, but at what cost, and was it really worth it" movie
>>
>>82287074
>but at what cost
He loses his not-so cute gf... and that's all?
I tought that it was about:
>>82286098
>>
>>82286482
Figure it out for yourself, you needledick cum-gargling twink
>>
>>82287139
The other kid killed himself. I think some might say it might not be worth
>>
>>82287074
>At what cost

The point was that the ends justify the means

Dehumanize yourself in pursuit of greatness
>>
I know actual jazz musicians and they of course hate the movie. It seems like there should be a term for this, when people irl familiar with the subject matter hate the film, because it seems to happen a lot.
>>
>>82287341
>The point was that the ends justify the means
not really, that's your own interpretation.
>>
File: 1489999990071.png (71KB, 173x241px) Image search: [Google]
1489999990071.png
71KB, 173x241px
>>82285800

>called Whiplash
>characters play Whiplash
>main character suffers whiplash in a car accident
>>
>>82286086
classical trombonist you pleb.
bet you can't play anything
>>
just watched the ending scene again

fucking 10/10. great movie.
>>
>jazz drumming
>60 years after Man with the Golden Arm
>movie is more shallow and thoughtless than a Sinatra vehicle
the literal state of film
>>
>>82285800
>>82285938
>>82286055
The point of the movie was to achieve perfection idiots. The death of his old self into new in sight of his hatred and fear of his parents mediocrity.
>themes of masculinity
as well
>>
>>82287520
i played with ur mom last night
>>
>>82286479
>He doesn't know the difference between rushing and dragging

>>82286949
After I watched the film I listen to the track on loop like an autist with a new toy.
Revisited the scene a few days later and you REALLY can hear the difference, it sounds like ass when he fucks it up.

>>82287371
It's called casual.
Welcome to 15 years ago in the video game world.
But the film isn't about jazz though [comment related] >>82286203
Music is just the vehicle used to tell the story.

>>82287583
It's one of my favourite films but I wouldn't call it a 10.
The kid's got a weak chin and acts like a bit of a baby.
I understand he needs to be a bit of a faggot to show contrast for growth, but still.
>>
>>82288042
who would you have casted in his place?
>>
>>82287951
Your mom played my trombone last night. Bitch needs a spit valve.
>>
>>82287906
>kid is shit at X
>practices every day but never gets better
>day of X finale comes
>oh no he's going to fail
>oh wait I forgot it's a kids movie he succeeds somehow
>everyone cheers and has new found respect for the champion
>oh boy son you really dun growed up, oh billy I love you, grr I hate you but god damned if I don't respect you etc.
Yeah really deep themes.
>>
>>82287520
did it annoy you as well that brute-forcing yourself to perfect a piece is a bad way of doing things?
>>
>>82288157
Idris Elba
>>
>>82288157
Christian Bale
>>
>>82285800
the point is that to be great you need a maniacle faget to lite a fire under your apathetic ass.
>>
This movie has one of the best climaxes I've ever seen
>>
>>82287074
I feel this was the point of the movie, but I chose to interpret it as a "git gud at any cost" motivational message
Now here's some quotes from Michelangelo:
>The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.
>If people knew how hard I worked to get my mastery, it wouldn't seem so wonderful at all.
>The promises of this world are, for the most part, vain phantoms; and to confide in one's self, and become something of worth and value is the best and safest course.
>There is no greater harm than that of time wasted.
>>
Who the fuck puts raisinets in popcorn
>>
hmm, not exactly the timbre I was looking for
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (85KB, 1296x730px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
85KB, 1296x730px
>I believe the two most dangerous words in the English language are SPIDER-MAN
>>
>>82285800
Are you mentally retarded? How can anyone not get the point of that movie, it literally explains itself.
>>
>>82287223
Wat that wasn't in the movie
>>
File: 1420939632003.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1420939632003.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
>>82287520
man after playing the trombone for 3 years i can say that its the most shit tier of instruments one can possibly play, i should have played the sax or violin.
>>
>>82289358
Yes it was. Remember when Fletcher shows the students some music by a former student of his, saying the student just died in a car crash? Later, we're told that he actually killed himself, it's part of the reason the main character tells the cops about how abusive he is.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.