[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Worst modern film trend >Camera cuts between characters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

>Worst modern film trend

>Camera cuts between characters clearly improvising jokes trying to one-up eachother
>>
File: civil war.webm (352KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
civil war.webm
352KB, 1280x720px
Filmmakers having no ability to artfully compose a basic frame.
>>
>>82280132
That's not actually in the film is it?
>>
>>82280706
This and every shitty Marvel flick
>>
>>82280706

You already know the answer
>>
File: 1492474565980.jpg (108KB, 1228x693px) Image search: [Google]
1492474565980.jpg
108KB, 1228x693px
>>82280057
>lens flare
>>
>>82281716
>tfw I fucking love lens flare and everyone shits on it
>>
>>82282314
why the fuck would you want an awkward reminder that you are watching footage from a camera and everything you see is fiction?
>>
File: very angry man throwing popcorn.png (943KB, 1388x1182px) Image search: [Google]
very angry man throwing popcorn.png
943KB, 1388x1182px
Jumpscares.

Why come up with fresh and interesting ideas for a horror film when you can just use a cheap jumpscare and people will go see it anyway?
>>
>>82280706
It's the same 2 second clip, along with a few others, posted every time by /v/aders.
>>
>>82282423
Because I'm not an autist and can appreciate a cool visual effect without whining about how it reminds me the movie I'm watching is in fact a movie?
>>
>>82282544
>le every horror shouldn't have jumpscares meme
Don't watch them then, pussy
>>
>>82280057
>worst modern film trend
>TJ Miller
>>
>lense flare
>jump scares
>snap cut editng every half second so you can't see shit
>adding so many filters you cant see shit
>adding filters that makes everything colorless
>>
>long shots

>DUDE wanna see how I am such a good director? I'm gonna use the least amount of cuts as possible! Its gonna allow pseudo film lovers to seem smart when their show uses it!

Its was interesting when True Detective used it, but now even shit like Daredevil is flooding the mainstream with it
>>
>>82283637
Most people don't realize that long takes are usually a last-resort method; production running out of time or budget and they have to get a scene done quickly, and nothing quicker than doing it in one shot. Some of the best ones happened for those reasons.

I think it works as a stylistic choice in some cases. Children of Men, for instance. They actually spliced different shots into a single seamless take but they did it during the action scenes, which gave them a bigger sense of urgency.
>>
>>82280132
>>82280706
The Russo brothers are pretty bad at making cuts like this. They cut the shot whenever a character takes an action. that webm is pretty tame in comparison to the nauseating shitshow of a film.
>>
>>82283746
>Most people don't realize that long takes are usually a last-resort method
This. The main reason Russian Ark was done in one take was that they only had access to the filming location for one day.
>>
>>82283368

I feel sorry for you my man, there are whole layers of immersion you'll never experience because you're a brainlet. Oh well, there's more to life right?

kys my man
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.