[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2 hours of them being to retarded to understand that the vital

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 325
Thread images: 17

2 hours of them being to retarded to understand that the vital information from Galen is that a direct hit to the reactor will kill the system and not that there is a little shaft leading to it.

When did they jumo the shark?
>>
>STILL talking about Rogue One

What is their fucking problem?
>>
>talk about the preproduction
>talk about alternate cuts and how some scenes from a completely different version of the script are spliced into the final film, even pointing them out as they happened

They did more research than I was expecting. It was good.
>>
>>82277427
>s-surely if we nitpick everything for 2 hours they'll understand
I could literally nitpick the best movie in the world for 2 hours. Nitpick your dick, loosers.
>>
>>82277427
>if you shoot the battery then it wont have power
>vital information

k
>>
>>82277427
how is that fact that there is a little shaft leading to the reactor not vital information
>>
>>82277633
It is vital, but it is not the information they get from Galen. Galen only talks about the direct hit to the reactor but not how this is possible to manage
>>
>>82277633
>breaking news: an engine needs an exhaust system!
>>
>>82277545
Hey, it worked for the Plinkett Prequel Review. :^)
>>
>the interior shots in the final act were sets built to be onboard the Death Star
>>
>>82277427
>to retarded
>jumo the shark
No.
>>
Rogue One defenders are fucking pathetic
>>
They even say how they dislike the grand space battle because they wanted something "more intimate" on a "smaller scale" because this is what an anthology film should be.

These guys are fucking idiots.
>>
>>82277427
>When did they jumo the shark?
"i loved it. it was everything i wanted it to be"
>>82277484
exposed as frauds by their tfa "review." now that the hype is over, people are admitting that tfa wasn't good, which makes rlm's glowing reaction look stupid. so, instead of admitting they were wrong about tfa, they're doubling down on their positive review and instead shitting on ro. they're embarrassed by their tfa reaction but won't admit it
>>
>>82277743
Except the plinkett review went into a lot of detail on the basic structural, narrative, and thematic problems in the prequels, and why they were bad.
If all you honestly heard were nitpicks then you're so stupid that youtube e-celebs went over your head. I really hope you feel bad.
>>
>>82277502
>research

They simply read the IMDb trivia section moments prior to recording the track. They do this with all commentaries so that they can pretend to be knowledgeable about the things they review.
>>
>>82277717
A direct hit to an energy pod storing the equivalent of 200 million tons of matter converted to energy might be detrimental to the system?

Who the fuck would think this is a shocker?

No, it's the shaft leading directly to it, or close enough a missile could pop it open.
>>
>>82277726
>There are no preventative measures in place to ensure that if something comes straight down the exhaust port, it is stopped before being able to completely blow up the whole system
doesn't seem intuitive to me
>>
>>82277962
>they mention how the second Death Star's solution to the problem was just "make the shaft crooked"
>>
>>82277726
nevertheless, they need the plans to know where exctly the exhaust port is. so, in a sense, Galen's information IS that there's an important little shaft, which can destroy the Death Star.
>>
rogue one is the worst star wars movies
>>
>>82277996
TPM and AotC are worse
>>
>>82277869
but they admitted there were problems with TFA in the Rogue One review
>>
>>82277947
erso didn't design or build the exhaust port. he engineered a weakness in the reactor so that a small explosion properly targeted would trigger a reaction that would destroy the entire system. they needed the plans to find a "chink in the armour" that they could target
>>
>>82278057
yikes that's lame. Why not just have Jar Jar's son there designing the system?
>>
>>82278057
so, in the end, Galen's vital infromation boils down to: find that small exhaust port! then you can destroy the Death Star.
>>
>>82278099
he didn't know there was an exhaust port
>>
>>82278037
and dismissed them under the same breath
>ya TFA has shares a lot of the same problems as rouge one and was just a soft reboot but we liked rey so that justifies everything else.
>>
File: 1493157054987-1.png (203KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1493157054987-1.png
203KB, 512x512px
>people STILL this butthurt that some people on the Internet didn't like their children's movie
And you wonder why RLM keeps making videos about it
>>
>>82278126
lol, then how did he imagine the Rebels to blow up the Death Star? smuggle a huge rocket/bomb to the core without getting noticed?
>>
>>82278126
Prove he didn't
>>
>>82278172
>has characters that they enjoyed so they liked it more
What is so hard to understand about this?
>>
This is easily one of their best commentaries.

I hate Plinkett commentaries. Too much dead air.
>>
>>82277893
If you honestly think someone can't nitpick Episode 5 in exactly the same way, you're retarded.
>>
>>82278174
by their hopefully capturing the plans and hopefully finding a potential point of exploitation, if it had one. there was no guarantee
>>82278176
will have to find one of hidalgo's tweets
>>
>>82278172
The fact that TFA had actual characters does justify why it's better than your favorite piece of shit Rogue One depsite it's other flaws. But hey Rogue One builds on le lore so it's epic XD. Seriously, you and your kind deserves to be lobotomized
>>
>>82277982
they also made it big enough to fly though, completely defeating the purpose of making it bent
>>
>>82278173
tfw no apricot gf
>>
>>82278241
I'd like to see you try
>>
>>82278176
>>82277947

Did you even watch the fucking movie?
>>
>>82277982
I never got the sense that the thing they fly through was an exhaust port, just a product of the construction of the death star
>>
>>82277484
The Reddit Leddit Media are a buncha losers who can't think of shit
>>
>>82278241
Episode 5's flaws aren't anywhere near as bad as any of the prequel movies.
>>
why does nobody in Episode 4 mention this weakness though? it's all about the plans and the exhaust port. did Lucas forgot Galen's role in the story?
>>
>>82278176
found it. here: https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/817249340062244864
>>
>>82277427

>unironically liking RLM

Wew lad
>>
>>82277812
I agree with them
>>
File: yoda-back.jpg (116KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
yoda-back.jpg
116KB, 1080x720px
>>82278291
Nigger even the best training scenes in 5 were nearly ruined by the horrible puppet.
>>
>>82278358
why DIDNT he make the port then? was he retarded?
>>
>>82278340
can somone answer this??
it bothers me.
>>
>>82277893
>you're so stupid that youtube e-celebs went over your head. I really hope you feel bad.
I bet you're a joy and people love to be around you
>>
>>82278260
Rogue one had more developed characters than TFA, though. We know nothing about who Rey is or her motivations, only that she is magically good at everything. Quit parroting whatever inane bullshit RLM says.
>>
>all these butthurt fanboys

SW movies are mediocre bland and boring.
>>
>>82278439
because he didn't design the death star. just the superlaser and its power source
>>
>>82278463
>more developed characters
>muh daddy issues

riveting
>>
>>82278443
Because star wars has become a convoluted mess. It has cultivated such an autistic fan base that it is no longer allowed to be what made it good
>>
>>82278436
>horrible puppet
leave
>>82278503
>muh family whom i don't even remember (apparently)
riveting
>>
>>82278491
Genuinely asking if that's stated in the movie or the prequel book
>>
>>82278443
They don't mention the exhaust port until the meeting before the battle iirc. When they're telling you to shoot there to win they don't need to explain it. To a bunch of non-scinece folk, "shooting the reactor, that makes sense" is good enough.
>>
>>82278436
Nice try. Now kill yourself.
>>
>>82278482
>RLM buttbabies can't comprehend that it's not SW fanboys who dislike the R1 hate, it's the people who hated 7 who dislike the R1 hate

R1 is a shit movie, but so is 7. Where's my 6 billion hours of nitpicking, RLM buttbaby?
>>
>>82278547
I'd say it implied. They already had a basic model at the end of episode 3, and the plans were there back in 2. Then in rogue one Galen talks about himself designing the reactor.
>>
>>82278223
that's not what I'm saying retard
>RO has 10 problems the biggest ones being nostalgia baiting and characters, TFA shares 9 of those problems with RO including nostalgia baiting but not characters. Therefore we should ignore the other 9 problems that TFA had, while harping on those same 9 problems including the 10th with RO.
You like TFA better fine, but I fail to see why one unrelated thing like characters should prevent criticism on other things that TFA shared with RO.
>>
>>82278535
>>82278575
Yep, OT fans are retarded. I always knew that. Here's some supreme sci-fi puppetry for you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlKoiJu9TsQ

It's almost as good as the cookie monster, but not as realistic.
>>
>>82278586
It's possible to like one and dislike the other
>>
>>82278586
This
>>
>>82278547
>"i need you to come back. the work is stalled"
erso's speciality was kyber crystals. jyn's necklace alludes to that. she tells chirrut that her father told her that the crystals power lightsabers. basically the empire couldn't finish the ds without him and his knowledge of crystals
>>
>>82278390
>unironically liking anything
>not being a nihilist 24/7
I know what you mean bra.
>>
If Luke and them had known about the weakness when they were inside the Death Star the first time they could have just planted a bomb near the reactor. It's obviously not an impenetrable station, Galen didn't need to know about an insta-win exhaust port. As long as the reactor weakness was there it could be destroyed.
>>
>>82278619
This makes more sense because of the plans that the geonosians gave to count dooku
>>
>>82278645
go away millennial
>>
>>82278645
I don't mind the prequels. I don't deny all their flaws either. But the OT is way better crafter and with great practical effects. The puppet in empire strikes back looks way better than the disaster they used in phantom menace.
>>
>>82277962

>Implying it has to go straight down the exhaust port.

You collapse the exhaust port and all of the heat/energy is going to vent into the Death Star itself, destroying it.

Furthermore, no one was actually able to target it using computers because it's too small. Red Leader hits the surface near it. When Luke and Wedge make their approach, Wedge mentions all he's able to pick up is a tower near it.

Which is why it took the Force to actually do it successfully. Without it, the Death Star would have never been destroyed.
>>
>>82278260

>TFA
>Actual characters

Like who?
>>
>>82277869

Mike was relieved that TFA didn't make the mistakes the prequels made, when he analyzed it more closely he pointed out the mistakes it did make but made it clear that those mistakes were smaller and more excusable for the kind of movie it was.

That said I think the TFA review was pretty sub-par, there was too much filler and the jokes were half-assed.
>>
https://p4.bcbits.com/download/track/1622e30429a51529ab52ff8cc77833fe/mp3-128/97712853?fsig=7993e3d0c7deb8d1d3bf5e54045ee2aa&id=97712853&stream=1&ts=1493683200.0&token=1493683260_82b1ae4da0932b476fe7ffceafbb939babbe9fe5

download link
fuck giving these hacks money
>>
>>82278841
yeah he was so relieved that he overlooked all the mistakes it did make. now he just pretends there aren't any and the movie is totally excellent
>>
>200 milion $ wasted to explain meme plotholes from a movie made in the 70s
Did Disney go too far?
>>
>>82278878
>not just listening to it in browser

Paying to download is literally just a form of tip jar. Why do people always sperg out over it and act like they're being rebellious by pirating something that's free?
>>
>>82278878
>hehe, im such an expert hacker xdd
>anybody with the VideoDownload Helper addon could've downloaded their episodes since day one

Yeah, you're so brave consuming their entertainment.
>>
>>82278340
>>82278443

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOgtj00Rp8s

>A precise hit will start a chain reaction, which should destroy the station. Only a precise hit will set off a chain reaction

No one in that room cares where it came from. They just need to know where to shoot the torpedo
>>
>>82278260
>TFA had actual characters
where did this meme come from? TFA characters were legit worse. We know nothing about rey besides the fact that she wants to stay on Jakku for her parents but then all of a sudden is eager to join the resistance's cause because??? Finn who was a stormtrooper since childhood and gets sad when a fellow comrade dies in his arms all of a suddenly starts killing other troopers with absolute glee and then tells rey I don't want to kill anymore in the span of a day. Poe was suppose to die in the tie fighter crash but disney forget they needed a le hot shot not han solo pilot so they shoved him in the third act, and it shows. Kylo is the only good character since the OT I can give you that much.
>>
>>82278928
>Paying to download is literally just a form of tip jar

Nothing has changed shill. The tip jar is still there but now it's an option.

>>82278944
>thinks whatever program he's shilling is installed on every browser

k bro
>>
>>82278980
>We know nothing about rey besides the fact that she wants to stay on Jakku for her parents but then all of a sudden is eager to join the resistance's cause because

She's clearly got a huge Rebel boner even back on Jakku. She wants to run off and do adventurous shit but is conflicted because she also feels tied down.

Like Luke.
>>
>>82278586
the only true answer in this thread.
>>
>>82278463

Backstory isn't characterization, for that you need characters that react and interact with other elements in the movie, TFA was better for this than RO.
>>
>>82279078
>Backstory isn't characterization
?????
>>
Collider is so butthurt they decided to parody Plinkett https://youtu.be/sbTRTga6UKc
>>
>>82278906

No he didn't, he points them out in the Plinkett review. He just thought they weren't as bad as the ones the prequels made, or for that matter the ones that R1 made.
>>
>>82278991
Is this bait?

They're all free and they've always been free. I've ever paid a cent to listen to any of them. Learn how Bandcamp works.
>>
>>82278645
>It's almost as good as the cookie monster, but not as realistic.
I like the OT but I keked
>>
>>82279180
>They're all free

not free to download, shill.
>>
>>82279078
like when the characters 'react' to the republic's capitol system being vaporised? or when chewie 'reacts' to leia by walking past her? or when finn reacts to his friend's being killed by rebels, by joining the rebels and becoming friends with the actual rebel who killed his friend?
>>
what was the matter with the "mind wipe monster"? it had no consequences, just like the "bond torture scene" in SPECTRE. who writes those movies?
>>
>>82279234
Okay it was bait. You got me.
>>
>>82279095

>you need characters that react and interact with other elements in the movie

Characterization is what's done in the actual movie with the actual character, backstory is just plot. Maybe I have the jargon wrong but the point is that saying Jyn has all these issues and motivation because of what happened in her backstory isn't a replacement for seeing her do things onscreen that communicate that information to you viscerally.
>>
>>82279299

This is bait.
>>
>>82277812
>they dislike the grand space battle because they wanted something "more intimate" on a "smaller scale"
The impression I've gotten from all of their criticism of Rogue One is that they're disappointed it wasn't the movie they wanted. It's all based on personal issues, which is why they're so defensive about it. That's why their reviews about the movie are pretty much meaningless; they're saying they didn't like the movie because it doesn't compare to their headcannon.
>>
>being upset that they made fun of Rogue One
Maybe kill yourself
>>
>>82279040
She did yes just like Luke, but Luke had clear motivation to join the cause and leave when his aunt and uncle died realizing he has nothing left. Rey just happens to run into finn and bb8 and goes from "I have to go back to jakku!" to being detected to complete the resistance's mission.
>>
>>82279264

>when the characters 'react' to the republic's capitol system being vaporised

They do react, they're shocked and appalled. I thought that was done competently. The other two were bad. That said Finn's actual reaction to the friend's death (as well as the troopers massacring the village) was a better example of characterization than anything in RO.
>>
>>82278802
>You collapse the exhaust port and all of the heat/energy is going to vent into the Death Star itself, destroying it

Literally mentioned no where. For all you know it would just make the death star inoperable until they fixed it.
>>
>>82279371
I had no expectations of Rogue One. I didn't want any kind of fourth prequel movie telling us the origins of something I always just took for granted.
>>
>>82279371
which becomes even more stupid when you learn that mike wanted it to be like an ocean's eleven movie or something
>>
>>82279440
*dedicated
>>
>>82279234
why would you download it
>>
>>82279495
>why would you want to use the media player you use to play media

Not rocket science anon.
>>
>>82279371

I don't think that's quite right, I think they were saying that all these things in the movie pointed to a smaller scale heist movie type of thing then they disrupt that to cap it off with an epic star wars battle, for reasons that barely make sense no less, because they were too scared not to have one. It's like how they didn't criticize the prequels for having a certain tone but rather because the tone wasn't consistent.
>>
>>82279524
i still dont know why you couldnt still stream it
>>
>>82279524
>autism
ah, nice
>>
>>82279564
>>82279576

It's like talking to a wall;explaining logic to shills.
>>
>>82279446
>Finn's actual reaction to the friend's death (as well as the troopers massacring the village) was a better example of characterization than anything in RO
yeah it makes total sense for a soldier trained and indoctrinated from birth to be unquestioningly loyal to suddenly have a problem with some villagers being killed, then turn against the only people he's ever known and start killing them. that's good characterisation right there
>>
>>82279440
Rey had less tying her down than Luke. She was just convinced that she had to bum around this shit planet waiting on someone who wasn't coming back. Maz has to finally tell her that.

But like Luke she was always on board with this Rebel/Resistance shit. It's not any sort of sudden character turn.
>>
>oh look it's another thread started by aids moby
>>
>>82279614
>telling you not to download it
>shill

uh?
>>
>>82279638

Rey was basically just sitting on Jakku waiting for the events of the movie to coalesce around her. Everything sought her out

Luke was thrust into things and forced to go out into the world/galaxy
>>
>>82279545
>all these things in the movie pointed to a smaller scale heist movie
The final space battle wasn't the only huge action sequence. Earlier in the movie, an entire city and a military base on another planet get blown up. It was never trying to be a small scale heist movie, there's action all over it.
>>
>"I have to pay money for this stupid shit? I'mma steal it"
>"dude you're retarded; it's free, you're not stealing shit"
>"fuck you fucking shill trying to get me to not spend money; I fucking hate RLM that's why I NEED to download hard copies of their commentaries, fuck"
>>
>>82279638
why was she convinced? it's never even explained if she even remembers who her family is. was her memory wiped? does she know her family at all? her family name? who knows! explaining things is bad; everything must be a mystery
>>
they openly shit on everything star wars and anyone that promotes star wars. they'll never stop doing what they do.
>>
>>82278260
boy I sure do love my mary sue characters! They are so deep and interesting!
>>
>>82279446
>Finn's actual reaction to the friend's death

Is it even implied that it's a friend? He just saw a comrade and that was it.

If anything though, given the circumstances, he should have seen him like a brother, which one would think, would drive a conviction to fight against the resistance.
>>
>>82279771
I NEED TO KNOW WHERE HAN GOT HIS BOOTS

AND DON'T YOU DARE SAY "THE SPACE STORE"
>>
>>82279760

You're complaining about someone complaining about not spending a dollar.

Remember that.
>>
>>82279371
>>82279545
and they're right you know

they sneak on to the planet without getting detected and even find costumes to disguise themselves with and for no reason other than to have an epic battle they decide to shoot the place up and alert everyone, even though they're completely outnumbered
>>
>>82279813
nice strawman
>>
>>82279813
>a character's wardrobe is the same as their motivation
you're a smart one
>>
>>82279748
>Rey was dragged into a story
>Luke was pushed into a story

I'm sorry literally what is the difference? Luke would have sat around on his planet meekly protesting not getting to go do cool stuff like his friends had fortune not sought him out.
>>
>>82279627

It's explained away that he was basically a janitor before but fine it conflicts with his backstory. As far as I can tell though that's different from characterization, which is that we see him traumatized by the mission, then act on those feelings by defecting, and then acting nervous and generally behaving like a person desperate to run away while trying to run away.
>>
>>82279816
Is this a complaint?
>>
>>82279826
they "shoot the place up" to create a distraction that will flush the base of its garrison and give them access to the data vault. it also buys them time while they're in there because the troopers are occupied with the attack outside. pay attention
>>
>>82278174
judging by the re-purposed death star set in rogue one: yes.
>>
>creators know this topic has been done to death
>literally put a beaten dead horse as the thumbnail
>fuckface fans eat it up

This shit writes itself jesus christ
>>
>>82279955
RLM's fanbase has become like them: Hating something but also obsessing over it.
>>
>>82279937
>It's explained away
oh so it's a dumb convenience. guess we should just overlook it :^)
>>
File: IMG_0831.jpg (58KB, 646x341px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0831.jpg
58KB, 646x341px
Kirshner tier - Empire
Lucas Prime tier - Star Wars '77
Lucas Reborn tier - TPM & RotS
Muppet Show tier - RotJ
Fan film tier - Rogue One
Oh no baby what is you doing tier - TFA & AotC
>>
>>82279937
>janitor is deployed on a top priority combat mission with an absolute vip that is Kylo Ren
>janitor knows how Starkiller Base is engineered and where weak points of Starkiller Base are located
it only gets dumber with that
>>
>>82279758

A shootout in a city street and a guerilla attack isn't the same as a full space and ground battle, and even then the plot of the movie involves sneaking around and shit, they didn't need any of the big action to drive it forward. Don't get me wrong action is fine and all but if you really want it in the move you should choose a plot where it fits in better.
>>
>>82279937
>It's explained away that he was basically a janitor before

I'm still confused if this was a joke or not in the movie.

If he was a janitor then why would he also be one of their elite soldiers? Especially if their raised to fight from birth.
>>
>star wars fans

jesus christ
>>
>>82280023
Nerd culture in a nutshell
>>
>>82279947
And why would they need a distraction? Their disguises are so good any guards nearby literally run past them. Instead what happens is that they alert Krennic and friends that someone snuck on the planet and convinces them to militarize and bolster their defenses. Causing an alarm and getting people killed for no good reason is a retarded plan, if they absolutely need an action scene then what should've happened is that they try to sneak in but get caught, and then people start shooting out of desperation
>>
>>82279803

Well okay we don't know his relationship to the person who died and maybe they could have communicated that better, but what we do know for sure is that he was disturbed by storm trooper work and decided to leave, which made perfect sense and worked for the purposes of the movie.
>>
>>82279914
Read some Joseph Campbell and let the grown folks talk.
>>
>>82277427
>EVERY FUCKING DETAIL
>>
>>82280122
Much like Vader in the first film (before his popularity led to him becoming hugely important), Ren is not actually as high-ranking as you think. Shit he's not even high up enough to be able to freely choke underlings to death. He just gets to have pissy fits and wreck monitors.

The mission he's on in not even considered that important. It's the location of one old Jedi. It's something he is personally obsessed with but the militaristic wing of the new Empire couldn't give a shit about. They probably just sent whoever they could spare.
>>
>>82280026

>but fine it conflicts with his backstory

The point is that he's better characterized.
>>
File: fortune.jpg (34KB, 520x325px) Image search: [Google]
fortune.jpg
34KB, 520x325px
>>82279914
>had fortune not sought him out
>>
>>82280181
>Nerd culture in a nutshell
do you faggots ever get tired of buzzwords?
>>
>>82280240
Real scholars do not take Campbell seriously, FYI.

That's like saying "read Deepak Chopra."
>>
>>82280326
>fortune = only good fortune of course
>>
>>82280333
#tripletrips
#buzzbuzz
>>
>>82280303
how is it better if it makes no logical sense? it's a convenience that breaks immersion and makes the character less believable
>>
Rogue One defenders are worse than Prequelfags.
>>
>>82280203
because a dwarf in a flight crew outfit, an unkempt mexican, and a lone droid, aren't strong enough disguises to get them where they need to go. the troopers rushed past them because they were responding to the alarm
>>
>>82280393

It's not that ridiculous, the point is that he had never seen combat; you can never really tell how someone will react to something like that until it happens.
>>
What's the name of the horizontal winged TIE fighter? Looked nice.
>>
>/tv/ is supposed to contain high quality original posts
>thread is nothing but regurgitated vomit straight from a youtubers mouth

i wish mods would just range ban you faggot shills
hate you all so much
>>
>>82280590
>high quality original posts

I wish shitposting this blatantly caused cancer.
>>
>>82280569
TIE striker
>>
>>82280558
why would a janitor with no combat experience be assigned to a death squad commanded by the first order's second-in-command?
>>
>>82280535
It was Jyn and Cassian who got the disguises though

Tell me what's the better plan
>2 people sneak in and snatch the plan while wearing disguises
>large group of people shoot the place up, alerting the entire base so they can build up their defenses and risking a fight that can get dozens more people killed, then send 2 people with disguises to snatch the plans
>>
>>82280302
>talks down to General Hux
>as Snokes student is routinely having private conversations with Supreme Leader of the whole New Order and answers only to him
>not actually as high-ranking
>>
>>82280633
Gracias.

What is it's purpose? I'm sure that the interceptor fills a similar role.
>>
>>82277427
>to retarded
And there we go.
>>
>>82280620
>this blatant*

Also nice low quality post memelord
>>
>>82280638
>2 people sneak in and snatch the plan while wearing disguises
how do they reach the vault if the route to it is loaded with troops? k2 says they would make it only a small amount of the way before they were discovered and killed
>>
>>82280665
I dunno it just looks cooler than the interceptor.

It was specifically designed by a research group on Scarif to protect high-security Imperial bases in an atmosphere, making it perfect for the research vault on Scarif and not so much for the battle at Yavin 4 that followed. The TIE Striker has room for two crew members, a pilot and a gunner, and packs laser cannons and proton bombs. The TIE Strikers give X-Wings a run for their money, partially because the Strikers are more versatile than standard TIE fighters.

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/movies/star-wars/260806/star-wars-a-guide-to-the-new-ships-of-rogue-one
>>
>>82280748
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/TIE/sk_x1_experimental_air_superiority_fighter
>>
>>82280645
>talks down to General Hux

He's a passive-aggressive catty bitch to Hux but Hux calls the shots militarily and Ren can't touch him. They have a rivalry at most and both answer to Snoke.
>>
>>82277484
it's to bait idiots like /tv/ to give them money.
>>
File: 1493234093091.jpg (472KB, 2048x2022px) Image search: [Google]
1493234093091.jpg
472KB, 2048x2022px
>oh look ANOTHER red letter media star wars video
>>
>>82280635

It wasn't that hard a mission, just round up some villagers. They probably took whoever was on call when they launched the mission. As to why he was a new trooper maybe he was a cadet or whatever when he was doing sanitation and he just graduated to full trooper.
>>
Were they meming or are they actually retarded?

>Hurr durr why did they need the distraction when they're in diguise
>Is directly shown in the movie that they are detected while stealing the plans, but because of the distraction Krennic has to go and try to stop them himself because they're out of stormtroopers
>>
>half the thread is literally "fuck off RLM shills"
>"We're here we're queer get used to it"
>>
>>82280744
How would K2 know this? Does K2 know how effective the disguises are? Cassian and Jyn didn't even bother to go back and tell everyone they found disguises

And if anything if there's a bunch of troops there it would be easier to blend in, as long as they don't draw too much attention to themselves
>>
>>82280827
People don't seem to get that just because you answer directly to the guy in charge doesn't mean you also have power over the rest of the command structure.

The Emperor's Guard answer only to the Emperor. Generals can't just decide to give them any additional orders. But they don't have any special authority of their own either.

Guys like Vader and Ren are in a similar position with slightly more autonomy. They can request personnel and even appeal to the Emperor directly but they are not the head of the military structure.
>>
File: 1492264119352.jpg (199KB, 942x796px) Image search: [Google]
1492264119352.jpg
199KB, 942x796px
>disney star wars

lel
>>
>>82279371
My issue with it is that it's story and main protagonist are lifted directly from a Star Wars video game from the early 90's. TFA made me suspicious but Rogue One confirmed to me that all Disney is going to do is copy shit from the old canon and give it a Disney twist.
>>
>>82280941
>they found disguises

If by found you mean they took them off of the bodies of the officer and ground crew that they incapacitated or killed after luring onto the ship under the pretense of giving them their cargo manifest.
>>
>>82280240
Speaking of which:

>people bitch about Disney Star Wars becoming formulaic
>Campbell fanboy Lucas was literally always making Star Wars according to a formula
>>
>>82280941
>How would K2 know this?
he states his speciality is risk evaluation or something like that. can't remember the exact wording
>Does K2 know how effective the disguises are?
probably? common sense says a 4 ft tall flight crew member where they shouldn't be might raise some eyebrows
>Cassian and Jyn didn't even bother to go back and tell everyone they found disguises
tell whom? they got the disguises at the landing pad. their squad saw them change into them
>>
>>82280795
and you think that someone whos "not actually as high-ranking" could be passive-agresive towards Hux and imply his soldiers are incompetent without being court martialed? Ren is outside the official structures, but hes one of the most high ranking people in the organisation
>>
>>82281205
What I'm saying is Ren is neither above nor below Hux. He's lateral. Hux also does not have any authority over him, so no, he can't court-martial him for speaking out of turn.
>>
God, it's so great how triggered you assholes still are by RLM's Rogue One content. Six months later and you losers are still talking about it. Get. A. Life.
>>
>>82278436
Look at the butts you've hurt
>>82278535
>>82278575
Two! Two butts!
>>
>>82281303
six months later and rlm is still talking about it. maybe they should get lives too
>>
>>82281375
But /tv/ does it for free.
>>
>>82281375
I can assure you that RLM doesn't give a shit.
>>
>>82281442
so why don't they shut the fuck up about it? did the abysmal failure that was space cop destroy their creativity?
>>
>>82277427

Shit, no one tell the North Koreans that if they blow up a nuclear reactor it'll explode, this is VITAL information and TOP SECRET.
>>
File: the 90's.jpg (87KB, 500x705px) Image search: [Google]
the 90's.jpg
87KB, 500x705px
>>82277893
>on the basic structural, narrative, and thematic problems in the prequels
No.

From his first (I think) point, he's full of shit.

I CAN describe Qui-Gon using his criteria.

>independent minded and a risk taker,but wise and measured.
>>
>>82281783
bait harder.
>>
>>82281853
No bait here.
My description of Qui-Gon is accurate and proves his "test" wrong.
>>
>>82281526
>so why don't they shut the fuck up about it?
it pays their bills
>space cop
it also made them money. keep being jealous of their success.
>>
I'm confused.
Does /tv/ like Reddit Letter Media or does /tv/ hate them?
What's the consensus?
>>
File: MIKE .png (167KB, 300x347px) Image search: [Google]
MIKE .png
167KB, 300x347px
>>82281979
I hate them myself. /tv/ used to suck them off but it's been more divided since they tied themselves in knots over their TFA and R1 reviews.
>>
>>82281931
>being jealous of not having my name, face and reputation associated with pitiful, embarrassing garbage like space flop
LOL
>>
>>82281903
Now I can see. Thanks for prove me that the prequels are masterpieces, kind anon!
>>
>>82282101
You're welcome. Now go out and zap to the extreme.
>>
>>82277427
What does it mean to jumo a shark?
>>
>>82281979
they hate /tv/ and /tv/ hates them but both sides feed off each other symbiotically
>>
I think Rogue One was great.

But then again I couldn't give a rat's ass about Star Wars. Nor its lore. And especially not its fans.

Maybe there is a connection here, gentlemen.
>>
>>82282270
>without /tv/, RLM could not exist, and we would have no knowledge of the memes.

>I don't understand

>With black cock and pre-teen girls, you will. You will.
>>
>>82280819
>Oh look ANOTHER 4chan thread
>>
>>82277484
did you notice the cover art? that makes it unironically ok
>>
op doesn't realize they are the kind of person rlm makes fun of
>>
>>82279145
>Collider is so butthurt they decided to parody Plinkett https://youtu.be/sbTRTga6UKc [Embed]

how cringy is it

anyone made a summary vid yet? I don't want to give them clicks
>>
>>82282816
Tearing down is easer than rising up. Remember that on your deathbed.
>>
>>82282905
>parody
it's a parody by people who don't understand how to parody something and just fill it with lolsorandumb "humour" (see also: uncyclopedia, reddit, tgwtg)
>>
>>82282816
this >>82282917
Basically all jews are good for is their Culture of Critique. They can't actually create anything original.
>>
I could not care less about what three online guys think about rogue one

only enough to post this message, but no more. /tv/'s infantile obsession with e-celebs is disgusting
>>
>>82282905
Wow. This is fucking awful.
>>
dfcrf
>>
>>82284338
low-energy babysitting
>>
>>82284439
tg5yb4thnthnyrgbgn bfsvdcsdf
>>
These guys made the unwatchable Space Cop. It would be crazy to listen to their critical opinion of any movie.
>>
>>82284775
So have you made a great movie? Because if not, then by your logic there's no reason to listen to your opinion on Space Cop or any other movie.
>>
>Why was a janitor sent on a combat operation
Military grunts do menial shit all the time in order to keep them busy so that they're not fucking around and getting into trouble.
>>
I was thinking the DC threads were paranoid, but were they actually right? Is it a bunch of Disney shills in here?
>>
>>82285339
This. Even during a war you spend most of your time behind the line. Troops are rotated out and someone needs to peel potatos and clean shitters.
>>
>>82277869
pretty much this, RLM has been exposed
>>
>>82285005
I've never failed at making a good movie. Mike has.
>>
>>82285513
And you haven't even attempted one. You just shitpost on /tv/.
>>
Space Cop is great. It is just a tongue-in-cheek comedy made by a group of friends. I personally loved it.
>>
>>82285586
This. Space Cop is very cool.
>>
>>82285586
I'm what you could call a huge rlm fan and me personally I also loved the film.
>>
>people genuinely defend a movie that has this abomination in it
>>
File: JJ2.jpg (110KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
JJ2.jpg
110KB, 853x480px
>>82285817
We get it JJ. CGI is the devil. Now shoo.
>>
>>82277962

>how come the Empire built the Death Star with a weakness?

Oh my god are we actually back to Star Wars square one?
>>
>people genuinely defend a movie that has this abomination in it
>>
>>82285874
>laser blasts are literally just rectangles

Jesus fucking Christ, I've seen monthly youtube videos with better SFX, and this took them years and tens of thousands of dollars to make?
>>
>>82278174

Why not? Like and Obi Wan were able to infiltrate, free a prisoner, and turn off the tractor beams. Besides, it was a desperate move, he didn't have the whole plan worked out, he just wanted to share information about a weakness he knew about.
>>
>>82278637
They are not ignoring them. 1 less problem = better
>>
Why does anyone care about Star Wars anymore? Star Wars died when The Phantom Menace was released.
>>
>>82285874
>>82285943
It's a deleted scene with unfinished effects
>>
anyone have the time to sync the audio?
>>
>>82278240
I love that half of them are a standup routine
I've been meaning to edit them all together into one video
>>
>>82285972
(not true, by the way)

That's the point. Mike is wrong about everything.
for example
>>82281783
>>
I like the original Star Wars movies, and the new ones, but not the prequels. The prequels were basically about failure and ignorance, which made sure every single event in the story had to ultimately be a mistake and a bad idea. It just didn't make for a positive story, and I found it to be very accusatory of modern politics, which kind of erodes the Taoist fairy tale that Star Wars really was about. At least the new movies show hope and positive thinking going somewhere productive. The prequels were about a fuck up.
>>
File: dog.jpg (99KB, 641x634px) Image search: [Google]
dog.jpg
99KB, 641x634px
>>82286082
>At least the new movies show hope
??????????????

Luke is a failure, Han is dead, and Carrie Fisher died so they can't use her.

The ST is a depressing pile of garbage.
>>
>>82285991
lies
>>
>>82286082
>a soulless mega-corporation soft rebooting classic movies in the most pandering way for mass appeal and profitability
>new movies show hope and positive thinking

u wat m8

the new movies are the most depressing thing ever made
>>
>>82286279
>Star Wars
>classic movies
>>
>>82286279
>implying pre-disney lucasfilm wasn't a soulless, cynical small business
>>
>>82286337
That was the implication, yes.
>>
>>82286160

Rey, Finn and Poe are well established to be a uniquely faithful new generation of fighters for good, the movie is about them admitting to a call for action and realizing they are capable of making a stand. The prequels are entirely filled with the implicit knowledge that everything leads to one of the biggest genocides and mistakes in the entire universe, and is literally written to revolve around the failure and ruination that only begins to be resolved in movies that we have already seen that didn't require the prequels in order to be meaningful.
>>
>>82277427
wow a star wars movie has star wars stuff in it! woooowwwww.
>>
>>82286478
>Rey, Finn and Poe are well established to be a uniquely faithful new generation of fighters for good
How does this refute the miserable failure of the big 3?
>>
>>82286279

In the story I mean. They were about victory of the faithful, unlike the prequels which were about the wholesale failure of faith.
>>
>>82281026
leeloo dallas multipass
>>
>>82277484
it's good to show contempt for your audience
>>
>>82286507

It doesn't refute, it replaces. The story is about youth finding a personal ability to do good in the face of the hopelessness of their disenfranchised elders.
>>
>>82286385
unca george the indie filmmaker
>>
>>82286598
>It doesn't refute, it replaces.
But it doesn't. It tosses them aside unceremoniously for less interesting characters.
>>
>its reddit faggot media thread pushed by braindead shill drone and paid mod episode
>>
>>82286598
I can't wait for episodes X, XI & XII to undo all of their victories (off screen of course)
>>
File: 1453049125328.png (3MB, 3099x1700px) Image search: [Google]
1453049125328.png
3MB, 3099x1700px
>>82286082
objectively wrong
>>
>>82286727
For a bait image this contains a surprising amount of truth.
>>
>>82286754

If only Lucas had read all those prequel books, then the prequels might've been good.
>>
>>82286879
The prequels were good though.
>>
>>8228668
>>82286686

Star Wars has always been about the necessity of youth to revive what is true about the old ways.

Both of you realize that Han Solo and Leia were doing the right thing by appealing to the good in their child, right? And we simply don't know Luke's full story in TLJ, obviously his claim that the Jedi shouldn't exist is from the beginning of the movie.
>>
>>82278325
>pacing issues out the ass
>very dark compared to ANH
>jarring character issues
There's a reason it was 3/5 in the 80's anon.
>>
Don't mind me, just passing through...
>>
>>82286977
Han and Leia are dead. What part of that isn't depressing to you?
Luke's entire group/order was wiped out by Kylo Ren before the trilogy started.
>>
I unironically would give Rogue One a 7/10
>>
>>82286977
>the sequel trilogy story is good if you make a lot of assumptions about the unmade/unreleased films
>>
>>82285972
>made more money than OT
>has more fans than OT thanks to PT and TCW and that massive multi media campaign including KOTOR
>dead
Probably the most retarded thing Ive read all day and I've been on /pol/ for most of it.
>>
>>82287080
These really aren't issues but nitpicks. Oh i see what youre doing. ;) clever anon
>>
>RLM insults other youtube channels for shilling star wars shit
>won't stop shitting out star wars content
>>
>>82278710
Nihilism means that you don't believe in any inherent value, not that you don't like anything, fuckwad.
>>
>>82287241
this
And then the RLMDF jumps down the throat of anyone who says this.
>>
>>82287080
imagine typing this dreck up

this is "colo claw fish jumps plinkett" levels of stupidity/autism
>>
>>82282905
ken napzok is a talentless piece of human garbage.
>>
File: 350full-jessi-nakles.jpg (49KB, 350x462px) Image search: [Google]
350full-jessi-nakles.jpg
49KB, 350x462px
>>82287290
It's exactly what Mike does though.

I guarantee if Mike made that list into a Plinkett video you'd start calling ANH objectively bad.
>>
>>82287376
dang looks like your guarantee is worthless becuase no
>>
>>82287412
>looks like your guarantee is worthless
I disagree.
>>
>Two hour "The Star Wars Awakens" video that took months to complete -- no one cares. Zero impact.
>Max Landis shits out a 10 minute reaction video on his iPhone. To this day Rey is called a Mary Sue by everyone who matters.
RLM has lost it. No one should take them seriously anymore (if they ever did).
>>
>>82285817
You really have to question why they put him in the movie at all if he was going to look this bad. Just have a character mention him in passing or something, the audience doesn't have to know what every single character in the first movie is doing during this rebel operation.
>>
>>82277726
It actually does not. Cooling through exhausting mass is really inefficient and stupid in space. You use radiators. Which is of course something the death star lacks but their universe doesn't seem to have thermodynamics anyway.
>>
>>82287539
This.
JJ and Pegg shit out TFA using Mike's rules and it was trash.
Now Rian Johnson has said he likes the PT.
There is hope.
>>
>>82287560
because it was a proof of concept of the recreating dead actors tech that lucas was working on before the disney buy out
>>
>>82287539
>"The Star Wars Awakens" video that took months to complete
How do you know it took months to make?

>no one cares. Zero impact
It has over a million views. Also, it's not even really a video about TFA.
>>
>>82287612
Wow that's awesome! Really made the movie better!
>>
>>82287617
>It has over a million views
Avatar is the highest grossing movie of all time and had no cultural impact.
>>
>>82287170
>the sequel trilogy story is bad if you make a lot of assumptions about the unmade/unreleased films
>>
>>82287539
>To this day Rey is called a Mary Sue by everyone who matters

people on 4chan do not count as "everyone who matters" lmao
>>
>>82287673
Cool false equivalency, bro.
>>
>>82287711
I guess you don't matter.

But seriously, I am talking about industry people.
>>
>>82277996
Rogue One was a high budget fan movie, and I honestly like it more with that mindset.

I can't even make fun of AotC and fave fun doing it. It's so goddamn boring and dumb.

Star Wars power rankings:

>ESB
>ANH
>TFA = RotJ
>RotS = R1
>TPM = Holiday Special
>AotC
>>
>>82287837
>I guess you don't matter.
Neither do you. Get it now?
>>
>>82287837
>I am talking about industry people.
Nobody in the industry is calling Rey a Mary Sue. Literally nobody in the industry gives a shit about your buzzwords.
>>
>>82287684
You're right. I'm sure they'll have a good reason for ruining the lives of all the original trilogy characters (as depicted in The Shit Shitwakens)
>>
>>82287917
>Literally nobody in the industry
I'm not talking about the Midwest amateur video making "industry", Mike.
>>
>>82287837
Can you give me an example of a big name "industry person" calling her a marry sue?
>>
>>82287975
go away max
>>
>>82288050
Not without breaking several NDAs.

But one has the initials "M.L."
>>
>>82287130

It is depressing, just like it was depressing that Vader slew the Jedi, Luke's father, and during the film Obi Wan. In both the new movies and the originals they showed the death of the old ways through the death of its elders, but simultaneously showed it's true revival through the faithful youth. All the prequels gave us was a pair of prop babies in the last scene of the third movie to remind us that something good happened in movies we had already seen, that didn't need the prequels to explain them. The prequels were about abject failure and the incompetence of people who didn't know what the fuck they were talking about anymore. Some babies that are supposed to be the main characters of other films don't make up for that. The new movies spend most of their time showing the new heroes mature and accept their responsibility and capability to do good themselvesnin their own lifetime. The prequels are about a perversion of what is good, and not much else.

Also Carrie Fischer dying in real life doesn't mean they're forced to write it as a tragedy in the trilogy. You're acting like you saw her die in the plot on screen.
>>
>>82287612
>recreating dead actors tech that lucas was working on before the disney buy out
I remember this.
https://www.theguardian.com/film/filmblog/2010/dec/07/george-lucas-cgi-dead-actors
>>
>>82287930

Leia isn't fucking dead in the movie and you're literally planning that Luke won't have an arc in TLJ. You think that TLJ trailer shot was Luke's last shot in the movie?
>>
>>82277427
>to retarded
>>
>>82277777
>>
>>82288213
The point is that they have already wrecked the OT characters so hard in TFA that there really isn't anything episodes 8 & 9 can do to redeem them. Especially now that Carrie Fisher is gone.
>>
>>82288363
How so?
>>
>>82288422
by making every single one of them a failure
>>
>>82288363
As they mention in the RotJ commentary, Han and Leia's arcs are pretty much wrapped up after Jaba's palace. Obviously Luke still had room to expand on with trying to revive the Jedi, but Han and Leia had no big future goal.
>>
File: 1491468453677.jpg (23KB, 446x362px) Image search: [Google]
1491468453677.jpg
23KB, 446x362px
>>82277427
>RLM picks apart one of the worst films in the Star Wars franchise
>OMG LIFELESS KEKS DO THEY HAVE ANYTHING BETTER TO DO
>>
>>82278802
>all of the heat/energy is going to vent into the Death Star itself, destroying it.

One way vents exist.
>>
>>82288469
>OMG LIFELESS KEKS DO THEY HAVE ANYTHING BETTER TO DO
...six months later, after everyone who matters has already forgotten about it.
>>
>>82288114
kek
>>
I personally loved Victor Frankenstein
>>
>>82288452

Leia is a rebel general against the First Order, Han was instrumental in the destruction of the Starkiller Base, and Luke is about to train the new hero. What's the issue, that they temporarily relapsed after great tragedy?
>>
>>82288715
you really suck at this
>>
>>82287080
>the time we see stormtroopers fire they have terrible aim
>why did Leia lead the Death Star to Yavin?
If you couldn't make the connection as to why the troopers had 'bad aim' to them being let go I don't know what to tell you.
>>
>>82288734

Care to articulate?
>>
>>82279306
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsIQa7sH5_Y
>>
>>82289213
Not really.
>>
>>82280635
Wait until you find out that the Marvel comics tie-ins depict FN-2187 as the most capable of the First Order soldiers next to Phasma.
>>
>making the stormtroopers mind controlled slaves
is there nothing TFA didn't fuck up
>>
>>82279803
Finn just doesn't make sense as a character, period. There's so much fundamentally wrong with his motivations and backstory that he breaks the entire plot of the film.
>>
>>82277771
>>82277777
>>
>>82289566
Nice sheevdubs
>>
>>82278906
>>82279173
He straight up said that the movie is in a weird position where you can't praise or condemn it 100% because its flaws can be corrected by the other two movies.
>>
>>82289903
and he's wrong
>>
>>82290054
why?
Thread posts: 325
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.