[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i don't get the hate run rage and house of the dead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: latest.jpg (73KB, 476x470px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
73KB, 476x470px
i don't get the hate
run rage and house of the dead were really good
>>
>>82275859
hating on boll is a dead meme, he made some shitty movies and some good movies, thy end
>>
>>82275859
For some reason this guy moved to my hometown in Canada. He used to come into the grocery store that I worked at. I shot the shit with him a few times. He's a nice guy, very polite to the employees. Usually he would come in with his wife and infant son, but his wife would usually come shopping alone with the baby during the day. Nice people.
>>
>>82275859

Because for the entirety of the period where videogames were both a niche small enough to be made only of people who genuinely liked games, but big enough to be acknowledged by the public, he had a monopoly on videogame adaptions of movies.
He singlehandedly made a joke out of the concept of movie adaptions, discouraging most people from even attempting them and convincing the investors that it was an artistically dead field only made for cheaply produced action flicks.

That alone would warrant hate, but the burning passion towards him is fueled by his personality.
He was completely unapologetic, and he replied to the almost unanimous disgust towards anything he touched by saying pretty much "I make movies with $5 and make $6. Production is going to keep giving me money as long as I can do that and you nerds can't do anything to stop me"

He deliberately gutted the videogame movie market and then shat on the corpse for the heck of it.
>>
>>82276430
You're full of shit. Video Game movies were deemed unprofitable after shit like Mario Bros, Double Dragon, Street Fighter, Mortal Combat: Annihilation etc. The reason he made a lot of video game adaptations was because nobody else would. Studios still won't because even shit like Lara Craft starring Angelina Jolie flopped, look at the most recent Assassins Creed movie and Warcraft. There really are no good video game movies, the only ones that have ever made money are Resident Evil, and they are still garbage. Don't act like video games getting shit movie adaptations is Uwe Bolls fault, because it's not.
>>
>>82276430
Postal was a solid adaptation of the game though
>>
>>82277055

I guess it'd make sense that the only adaption he'd get right is the one devoid of all plot and just made up of random acts of action and violence.
It's pretty much all he knows, that it happened to also be close to the source material is nothing short of a coincidence.
>>
>>82276430
>Uwe Bol prevented video game adaptations
So what you're saying is he's the hero we didn't deserve and /ourguy/
>>
>>82276837
This. There has never been a decent video game movie. Don't blame Uwe.

Besides, video game movies are DESTINED to fail. Video games have awful, bland, generic, predictable stories because story is the least important part of the game. It's a transitional piece to showing off gameplay mechanics, ost, and design.

There's no game that can actually make a good movie.
>>
The only good thing Uwe The Cuck has ever made is this scene
https://youtu.be/AiGRbF-GXvU
>>
>>82277458
that was kino
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.