[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people get so upset about Rey in the force awakens? Yeah,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 23

File: Rey-face-1200x750.jpg (282KB, 1200x750px) Image search: [Google]
Rey-face-1200x750.jpg
282KB, 1200x750px
Why do people get so upset about Rey in the force awakens?

Yeah, she's really good. Impossibly good.
Because she's incredibly force sensitive.
Let's not forget that Luke went from being a farmer who was good at flying to a jedi who could engage DARTH FUCKING VADER with almost no training.
>>
>Why?

Misogyny and double standards.
>>
File: 1418131751589.jpg (10KB, 186x255px) Image search: [Google]
1418131751589.jpg
10KB, 186x255px
>>82266945
>Misogyny
>>
>>82266922
Because TFA post-hype phase is suddenly no longer a phase and it turns into a scapegoat for fans to beat on relentlessly even though it's a well made film
>>
>>82266945

How so?
>>
>>82266922

The difference between Rey being able to do everything and other characters being able to do everything is they still struggle. Rey has next to 0 struggle in her entire story. She is too capable and her only weakness is her conviction to staying on Jakku.

Luke could do quite a bit, but they still had someone else be the pilot and engineers and fight the main bad guy and needed help to save the day. Rey does it all and doesn't need any help. I don't think she's a mary sue, I just think she's in a poorly written film.
>>
>>82266945
Why are women perpetual victims?
>>
>>82267085

Sounds about right
>>
the problem with the character is that too much about her is left as a mystery in the film itself. it might be that she is a well-written and interesting character, or it could be that she is a poorly thought-out caricature who succeeds at everything without trying. we don't really know because it all depends on her history, which isn't explored at all in the film.

the problem is exacerbated by the fact that the force awakens is most satisfying when looked at independently, as its own film. the more you consider its place in the overall series, the more unsatisfying it becomes, since it's too much of a remake of a.n.h. and the state of the world it takes place in makes no sense after r.o.t.j. (where did the first order come from? why is it so powerful? where did snoke come from? why is the resistance not the republic and why is it so weak? etc.). so the film works against itself: it works best as a standalone, but its central character is least satisfying in a standalone
>>
>>82266922

That's entirely the problem. Luke went from being a basic farmer. Rey basically skips all that shit, incredibly gifted in literally everything she does. And to be honest, I'd be fine with it if not for these two reasons.

- She can handle the millenium falcon, a notoriously finicky ship, while having never flown a ship.
- Because she salvages old spaceships wrecks, she suddenly knows how to jailbreak state-of-the-art systems.
>>
File: 1485904721494.jpg (8KB, 226x259px) Image search: [Google]
1485904721494.jpg
8KB, 226x259px
Literally no one cares about the force awakens anymore. It was a mediocre flick that came out two years ago.
>>
>>82267131

So what? We've had six movies of heroes learning to use the force. Do we really need to see that again?
She's the next step in force users.
And i think you're mistaking "no struggle" with success. Of course she gets help all the way through.
She's just the hero instead of the damsel.
>>
>>82267207
Your feminist power-fantasy would've flopped if it wasn't riding on the coattails of a franchise created and popularized by men, I hope you're aware of that cunt
>>
>>82267153

I agree about the first order being essentially the empire and the rebellion being back where it started making no sense.

But I don't have too much of a problem with rey being a mstery.
After all, why the fuck should luke be so goddamn special? Turns out he was darth vader's kid. Makes more sense after that, yeah?
>>
>>82267207
Yes, we do need to see that again. That's the fucking point you retarded nu-male faggot.
>>
>>82267318

Maybe. Maybe not.
You've no proof.
So really you're just talking out your ass
>>
>almost no training
>trained by two of the greatest jedi ever and still got fucked up
>meanwhile maREY sue beats a sith with absolutely zero training
>never even met a jedi before
>>
>>82267440

Why do we need to see that again?
Why do we need to see the same story over and over again?
Go on. Let's hear it
>>
>>82266922
Luke got his shit pushed in by Vader with no training. After training with the oldest Jedi Master in the galaxy he was able to fight on even ground.
>>
>>8226622
>Im a paid Disney shill and should die in a fire
>>
>>82267408
>After all, why the fuck should luke be so goddamn special? Turns out he was darth vader's kid. Makes more sense after that, yeah?

that's my point though. we learn in the first film that luke was the son of a great jedi and he meets and is tutored by obi wan right away. there might well be a satisfying explanation for rey's abilities but there isn't one in the film itself. so, you can invent one or you can hope for one in the rest of the series, which means the film doesn't really stand on its own.
>>
>>82266922
It took Luke 2 movies to get good with the lightsaber, it took Rey 2 seconds.
People want to relate to the main character and who could relate to being able to beat up a sith apprentice (who could freeze laser blasts) without any training just by realising the force was with you?
Luke had to train on Dagobah, had to have his hand chopped off until he was better than Vader (and he still wasn't stronger than Palpatine).
Luke was extremely good, but not unrealistically so.

Come on. Is there really anyone, looking deep into your souls, who thinks Rey awkwardly shouting "don't hold my hand" and "I bypassed the compressor" was anything but cringeworthy??

God, this movie sucked.
>>
>that moment when Rey magically understood exactly how the force works and pulls the lightsaber towards her
>with more force than Kylo Ren

REALLY made me think.
>>
>>82267118
>>82267147
>>82267207
>>82267408
>>82267461
>>82267492
Did you really need to space your posts like this?
>>
>>82267473

lol what training did he get from obi wan? He fought a dorid with a blind fold and reached out with his feelings. OOOO so profound!

And she fights a sith, with great difficulty. sith who has previously been injured by a weapon that insta kills most victims and sends them flying backwards. Oh, and she's obviously channeling the dark sidec(just look at the technique) which increases power intensely
>>
>>82267318
Yeah it would have flopped. But not because of a female hero, but because of a terribly poorly written hero.
>>
>>82267521

Why should we expect it to stand on its own when we know it's going to be part one of three?
>>
>>82266922
Luke was terrible at everything and no matter how hard he tried, he only ever succeeded when others helped him. Rey being good at stuff is fine, but something needs to be holding her back that she needs to overvome. It should have been a stubborn need to go back to jakku, but nope, Maz said no one was coming back, so Reys whole character tension disappeared.
>>
>>82267601
was her power level over 9000?
>>
>>82266922
Vader was clearly holding back, you stupid piece of shit. The whole point of their first fight was to show just how large the gap between them was.
Plus men are much stronger than women. I could probably fit my big, manly hands all the way around Rey's scrawny little woman neck and snap it with little effort on my part, and it would probably make a sound similar to when you step on a twig on the sidewalk. Then I'd watch the life quickly drain from her eyes as my penis swelled to an impressive 7.5 inches.
>>
>>82267719
>7.5 inches
>impressive
>white bois
>>
>>82267771
Yeah? How big are you, Tyrone?
>>
>>82267633

maybe we shouldn't but i find it less satisfying than a self-contained film. i think a lot of people do, that's why people complain about it. there is also the other point i made: the film fits poorly into the rest of the series, so making it dependent on its place in the series is an unfortunate decision
>>
File: 34.jpg (5KB, 239x211px) Image search: [Google]
34.jpg
5KB, 239x211px
tfw still haven't watched this shit movie.

tfw normalfags loved it at first but now they have mixed feelings about it. tfw it will be just as hated as episode I in a year.
>>
>>82267785
11 inches of dark meat for yo girl.
>>
File: 1493404444926.jpg (138KB, 980x1040px) Image search: [Google]
1493404444926.jpg
138KB, 980x1040px
>>82267085
>even though it's a well made film
>This is what cucks actually believe
>>
>>82267822
Care to prove that, my dark friend?
>>
>>82266922
being an ace pilot with like no training in the Millenium Falcon and being able to out-manuever trained First Order pilots with ease.
>>
>>82267719
Omg I hate Rey but this is very funny. Freud loves the penis mention at the end. That was essential. Thank you.
btw you have a point
>>
>>82266922
>Let's not forget that Luke went from being a farmer who was good at flying to a jedi who could engage DARTH FUCKING VADER with almost no training.

Luke didn't face Vader until the second movie. And he lost badly.

Even his contributions in the first movie against the death star came down to being the last person in position and letting the force take care of it.

Also I don't dislike Rey as much as I do her actor. She cannot fucking act.

She's got a good theme though. I'm a sucker for bells https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65As1V0vQDM
>>
>>82267850
Bruh you fucking gay
>>
File: image.jpg (28KB, 278x506px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 278x506px
>>82267809
>Shit movie
>Haven't watched it
>>
>>82267890
I already watched episode IV
>>
>>82267889
It's only gay if I like it, and since you aren't white, I probably won't.
>>
>>82267913
show yo girl
>>
>>82267803

I don't think so. We know it's part of a series. You might as well say the same thing about the 7th harry potter film. That shit just doesn't stand alone
>>
>>82266922
>with almost no training.

He had training from Yoda, one of the greatest Jedi in history

Besides, there's no reason whatsoever hwy she should be more force-sensitive than Kylo Ren.
>>
>>82267947
> double spacing
Holy fuck rebbit can you just stop plz?
>>
>>82267944
I asked you, first. If you can prove you do, in fact, have a member 11 inches in length, I will post an image of my girlfriend.
>>
>>82266945
>>Why?
>Misogyny and double standards.

this thread, every fucking day

>boo hoo, /tv/ doesnt root for my Mary Sue
>why cant people accept that I am using a movie character to forward my Narcissistic personality disorder
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhrfhQbY0K8
>>
>>82267975

Depends, can you stop being a sensitive little bitch who get's upset by spacing?
>>
>>82267984
bruh you ain't got no girlfriend, ain't no girl hanging around with no micro dick white boi
>>
>>82268019
you have to go back
>>
>>82267889
So what if he was gay? Does that make your dick smaller or your camera broken? Dude
>>
>>82267968

He has VERY little training from yoda. Basically he uses him as a backpack and fights vader in the force cave
>>
>>82268019
Nah he's right. Return to reddit, you fucking cocksucker.
>>
>>82268037
>Basically he uses him as a backpack and fights vader in the force cave

You don't really believe this, do you, this is just shitposting, right?
>>
>>82268032
>>82268039

you have to stop being a little bitch...
>>
>>82267601
>Oh, and she's obviously channeling the dark sidec(just look at the technique) which increases power intensely

Urrr I'm a stronk womyn raaaarrrr dark saiiiid

Nigger don't fool me
>>
>>82267118
Did you read the OP? They get angry at a girl for doing the same thing they were happy with a boy for doing in the original movie.
>>
>>82268063
Nice rebuttal, you dumb reddit faggot. Return to whence you came.
>>
>>82268063
> reddit tier insult
>>
>>82266922
>Because she's incredibly force sensitive
And Luke was, as well as Anakin.
Such a boring overdone trope. If she's the best there's no reason to root for her, she's going to win anyway.
"M-muh hidden potential because of muh mysterious lineage."
Finn is a million times more interesting.
>>
>>82268095
>>82268081

>le reddit!
aww little bitches reacting like little bitches.
lol
>>
>>82268187
How old are you, kid?
>>
Luke was trained by Obi Wan,and then by Yoda, and then had a FULL YEAR of meditation and training, attuning himself to the force, and even then he was barely able to get the upper hand on his less Force sensitive mostly robotic father

Compare/contrast with Rey closing her eyes for a moment to get to the same point.
>>
>>82268115

Welcome to star wars, genius.
>>
>>82267809
>tfw it will be just as hated as episode I in a year.
That's probably why Disney loaded it with tons social justice issues, people literally have to love it, even if they know it secretly sucks deep down inside because we can't let those racist shitlords win!!!
>>
>>82268201

lol classic.
Do you want to call me a newfag next?
Or was there another generic insult you had in mind?
>>
>>82268115
Anakin had no special lineage, was just born special, lost almost every fight he was in, went insane and killed a bunch of kids, foreign dignitaries, and his own wife before being chopped to pieces and set on fire yet everyone still hates the prequels.
>>
>>82268309
You dodged my question nicely. Let's see if you can do it again, kid.
How old are you?
>>
>>82266922
>>82266922
she ugly
>>
>>82266922
If you mean Luke fighting Vader in Empire, he straight up loses that fight. There was never a point they were evenly matched. Also, Vader holds back because he knows Luke is his son and doesn't want to kill him. He wants to show him how powerful the dark side is and tempt him over to his side and defeat the Emperor. By the time of Jedi, Luke had completed his training with Yoda and was far more capable fighter. He still wasn't overpowering Vader until he got fucking pissed and allowed his anger to take over to beat Vader into submission.
>>
>>82268207

And how many times did vader get shot by a wookie bowcaster first?
>>
>>82268214
Explain your sarcastic comment?
Am I supposed to expect from Star Wars to be unoriginal and reuse tropes because it's named Star Wars?
What are you on about?
>>
>>82268332

LOL do you think you're debating here, halfwit? You're just trying to insult me by saying i'm young.
Now what, little bitch?
>>
>>82267492
Because it makes for a more interesting story if the character has to learn and grow with their abilities. It's fucking boring when they just pick it up like and now is something as natural as breathing to them.

No one said it has to be the same story again. That's Disney's fault for making TFA beat for beat ANH.
>>
>>82268352

If you don't like that trope then you don't like star wars, period. So who cares what you think?
>>
>>82268386
>29
Why would you lie on an anonymous imageboard? I mean, for your sake, I really hope you're lying, because if you're any older than 12 you're mentally deficient.
Maybe that's why they kicked you out of reddit. Well, hate to break it to you, but we don't want you here, either.
>>
>>82268420
That's some deep denial that they could've made something better right there.
Textbook definition of a fanboy.
>>
>>82268430

>yur a liar and if yur not then yur SO immature!

lol god damn you're predictable.
But you started out your insults by calling me a redditor. As if being a user on 4chan or reddit is something anyone should care about.
Guess we know who the child is here lol

If you've finished making a fool of yourself...
>>
>>82268458

if you say so
>>
>>82268520
If nobody cares about it, why are you so ashamed of it? Because you should be? That's my guess.
>>
Stop feeing our precious (You) to a litteral retard.
>>
>>82267171
She also can just walk around a heavily guarded planet sized, multi planet killing star base and not get noticed at all and also know what panels will open up for her to sneak into. Did she read the script in advance or something? Hey what's that on the ground? Is that the script? Same can be said for Finn, Han and Chewie just walking around as well. At least in ANH they had to get some Storm trooper uniforms and pretend Chewie was a prisoner before walking around the Death Star.
>>
>>82268520
funny how the only people on here who say having been on reddit doesn't matter are the people who have been on reddit
fuck off faggot
>>
>>82268569

lol what? I point out that it's something no one cares about and you then accuse e of caring about it?

Was your next gambit "i know you are but what am i' ?

lol i'm done with you, kiddo.
>>
>>82268621

honest to god i went to reddit for all ove 2 minutes, found the user interface unappealing and left.
But yeah, you little faggots who actually care about that shit are just adorable.

Don' t know if you're little kids or just pathetic adults with irrelevant loyalties.
Either way, you bore me
>>
>>82267601
Kylo isn't a sith. Vader and Sheev were the last ones in the canon.
>>
>>82268825
>canon
>>
>>82266922
DUDE WIMMIN ARE STRONK LMAO
>>
>>82268825

Well in all but name he is sith
>>
>>82268873

Dude, wimmin has nothing to do with it
>>
>>82268905
Rey is a Mary Sue. Everyone knows this. She could do everything just because she has a vagina and JJ Abrams is a Jew.
>>
>>82268963

She can do everything because she is the most powerful force user since yoda.
Your focus on her gender speaks more to your biases than to the writer's
>>
>>82268735
You should have stayed.
>>
>>82269034

shh shh shh.
It's over, little one.
I've finished with you
>>
>>82267809
>too busy watching BLACKED
>>
>>82268825
Vader wasn't a Sith either. Vader was a fallen Jedi. You can only be a Sith if trained under the dark side from the start.
>>
she outperforms established characters in the series with minimal effort. Luke was very dependent on his friends to aid him while Rey handles most everything on her own. Her journey from nobody to jedi master aka the chosen one etc (assuming that is her path in the movies) looks like it will be pretty boring if the next two movies are anything like TFA.
>>
>>82268579

I don't get why people get upset by this kind of thing.
You do realize that if things were "realistic" then every hero ever would fail.

One person can't fight an army. Shit, in real life, one person can't even fight two people almost ever.
>>
>>82269510

I feel like people didn't watch the movie.

How does she escape on jakku? Finn gets her going when the storm troopers appear and helps her take them out in the falcon.

How does she fight off kylo at Takodana? She doesn't. She's captured.
How does she escape? With help.
How does she defeat kylo in a duel? With help. And with kylo being grevously wounded.

So yeah, she's powerful. She's a hero. What's the problem?
>>
>>82269536
I'm not expecting her to be able to take on an army, but all the tension dissolves when the hero can just move around the enemy's main stronghold without worry of getting caught. Might as well have no one there if that's the case.

Frodo would have been caught the second he stepped into Mordor in Return of The King which is why the rest of the fellowship had to make a large distraction near their gates of Mordor to keep Sauron's Eye and forces focused on them so he could sneak inside Mt. Doom.
>>
>>82269678

She's boring.

It never feels like there is any stakes to anything she does, because she's too "powerful". Therefore, she isn't relatable and none of the conflicts she's involved in are interesting because we as an audience know the predetermined outcome.

That she'll succeed without any real struggle or effort.

There's no risk of her failing.
>>
>>82269678
>How does she escape? With help.

She was doing perfectly fine without Finn or Han's help escaping. Hell, even Han points this out. She probably would have just grabbed a Tie Fighter and escaped seeing how there's nothing she can't do.
>>
>>82269771

I feel like you're conflating not getting caught with "without worry of getting caught".
Just because she succeeded doesn't mean there as no tension. Except after the fact
>>
>>82269850

>maybe in a hypothetical scenario that didn't happen she would have succeeded anyway, therefore it was bullshit!

lol see if you can spot he flaw here...
>>
File: 1492266582834.jpg (41KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
1492266582834.jpg
41KB, 620x387px
>>82267085
>>82266922
>>82267207
>>82267461
>>82267890
>>82268037
>>82268078
>>82269678

Oh, look. A bunch of redditors think having a shit plot, with a shit written character(s) doesn't make a movie bad. Fuck off back, and take your fagtier love for vll with you.
>>
>>82270002

People who care about 4chan vs reddit are hilarious.
Grow the fuck up

>a shit plot

So the plot of a new hope. In which case you just don;t like star wars so who cares what you think of this star wars film?
>>
>thee two situations are the same because It needed to be that way for my argument to work
Luke had to go through 3 movies and had to get his shitt kicked in before he stood a chance. And he also had loads of help
>>
>>82270118

Rey get's defeated and captured. Manages to fight off kylo with help AND with kylo being severely wounded by a weapon that apparently kills enemies just by firing near them like a grenade. (watch the movie)

So what is so different?
>>
>>82269962
She gets the guard to let her go, walks out the door and next time we see her she's openly climbing around the place. We don't see her at any point need to quickly hide somewhere to avoid detection or be in a spot she could be discovered in but luckily not get caught.

>>82269999
Well considering her track record, what I proposed is plausible for her character.
>>
>>82270114
It's actually a shitier version of new hope, which was decent by itself. Adding a raging autist for a villain, and literally who niggertrooper, and a mary sue as the main protag shits all over the franchise's legacy, which wasn't much to begin with, but somehow the jew mouse made it worse.

>liking an objectively shit movie

Seems like your taste need to grow up.
>>
>>82270188

Unlike on the death star itself where they mostly wander around without interference.

lol come on.

This is either your issue because she's a girl or because it's not the original.
Either way, it's a bit pathetic
Feel free to try and get the best of me in whatever way is most satisfying to you
>>
>>82270199
>Adding a raging autist for a villain,

Adding an immature but powerful enemy. Sorry, what is the issue here?

>and literally who niggertrooper

Not sure if that was english, but is your issue a black storm trooper?

> and a mary sue as the main protag

Unlike luke who became one of THE most powerful jedi with almost no training...

lol owned.

Next argument please
>>
>>82270804
>Unlike luke who became one of THE most powerful jedi with almost no training...

In three movies. Your inability to grasp the difference makes you either a troll, a shill, or a retard. There are no other options.
>>
>>82270720
You're ignoring the part where they were in Storm Trooper outfits so they could get around the station with Chewie as a prisoner they took off the ship and only when they begin their rescue do they start sending troops after them and continue to do so until they finally escape. The only one that gets around unnoticed was Obi Wan, but that can be chalked up to him being a fucking Master Jedi which no one in TFA is. In TFA however, Rey escapes and moves about with ease, Finn, Han and Chewie get around unnoticed, they all meet up together and then plant the charges without the need of being in disguise. So fuck you.

You also need to go back to basic English with the way you write. You write as if ever single sentence is a new paragraph when clearly they're all related.
>>
>>82271083
You realize you've been baited the entire time right? Look at his spacing, he's intentionally trying to get (you)s with the reddit spacing and constantly saying "lol owned" and "kiddo." Guaranteed, that poster isn't out of high school.
Shit man, you don't even need to double line your posts either.
>>
>>82267771
daily reminder that black dicks are fake.
https://images.encyclopediadramatica.rs/c/ce/BBCdoesntexist.jpg
>>
>>82267809
>tfw normalfags loved it at first but now they have mixed feelings about it.
Really? When did the normalfag consensus waiver?
>>
File: maREYsue.jpg (71KB, 599x588px) Image search: [Google]
maREYsue.jpg
71KB, 599x588px
>>
>>82272037
not him but I've seen videos regarding TFA just recently and see a bunch of normie comments saying it was a shame the movie retread old grounds instead of trying to be it's own thing. They don't hate it like /tv/ does but they're definitely disappointed.
>>
>>82267207
God I knew idiotic and clueless people like you would emerge after that piece of shit movie. You are cancer to Star Wars
>>
>>82271045

>In three movies

ell really in two. In the first he became aware of the force. In the second he was able to engage darth vader in much the same way rey did with kylo (except that he was grievously wounded)
We've only had one movie with rey. So she\s powerful. Did you want the same old story again?
>>
>>82271083

Did you watch the originals? That scam works for about 5 minutes. Then han fucks up and shoots the console.
>>
>>82272917
> Did you want the same old story again
>>
>>82271195

lol what is this reddit spacing bullshit?
I guess it's a thing that upsets you. but clearly you've spent ore time on reddit than i have.

As if spacing indicates age...

you losers are hilarious!
LOYALTY TO GLORIOUS 4CHAN!

lol
>>
>>82272167
Luke is a believable Marry Sue.

They should take RedditLetterMedia advice and make her into a villain with Kylo Ren and the negro as the good ppl
>>
>>82272782

Excellent rebuttal.
A little light on actual content, but very passionate.
lol off you go...
>>
File: 1372772899072.jpg (104KB, 894x813px) Image search: [Google]
1372772899072.jpg
104KB, 894x813px
>>82272917
>In the first he became aware of the force. In the second he was able to engage darth vader in much the same way rey did with kylo

Luke could barely feel the force and couldn't weild a lightsaber properly in the first film. In the second he was trained by Yoda for a long time and still got his ass handed to him by Vader. Rey was able to not only tap into the force but control it and a lightsaber with zero training.

She is the single biggest negative the new trilogy has going for it right now and if she isn't dropped or heavily altered the movies will be remembered worse than the new trilogy. But you're just here to bait everyone so I have no idea why I'm even bothering to explain any of this.
>>
>>82273079
not a Mary Sue
>>
File: IMG_0006.png (25KB, 310x310px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0006.png
25KB, 310x310px
>>82273039
> Look guyz I'm ribbit!
> I use ribbit spacing!
> lol u mad?
> lol you can't kick me out! lol I stay as long as I like!
> Gib attention and (you) for my retarded opinion!
>>
>>82272989
You're point? They would have never gotten to the area Leia was in if they hadn't been in disguise. It wasn't gonna last for long of course. They just needed it to last long enough for them to get in and find her.
>>
>>82273165

>darth vader was the most powerful force user
Luke was the most powerful force user
>rey is an eve more powerful force user.

So what's the problem?
>>
>>82273241

What is reddit spacing?!

lol fuck. I guess it's a savage insult here on /b/ but i really don't get the significance
>>
>>82274216
>Luke was the most powerful force user
According to whom
>>
>>82273533

>you are point?

lol

But anyway, it's a tired old trope. So rey did without it in an industrial area of the base.
SO terrible, right?
>>
>>82274266

Well he started his trainign at what, 18? and was able to best darth fucking vader after one year of training, mostly by himself.
Seems pretty powerful, yeah?
>>
>>82267492
we need to see it again because her character didn't start off as a fully trained jedi.
>>
>>82274395

Do we all know about the first six movies?
>>
File: superfluous eyebrow movement.webm (3MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
superfluous eyebrow movement.webm
3MB, 854x480px
she acts mostly through her eyebrows like another terrible actress
>>
>>82274490
Both need to be BLACKED on screen
>>
File: 1335495210384.jpg (35KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
1335495210384.jpg
35KB, 736x736px
Finn managed to kut kylo too. Why is nobody bitching about that?
Oh right, because the hero was a woman.
>>
>>82274431
we do but she doesn't yet she can use the force and a lightsaber with no training. its dumb and could have been avoided if they said luke trained her like kylo ren
>>
>>82274846
/tv/ is all misogynist black men
>>
>>82274490
What a punchable dace
>>
>>82274846
because black men are superior
>>
>>82274846
i hated that too they made the villain look like a joke
>>
>>82266922
>>
>>82274887

You mean like luke could use it with only the instruction of "trust your feelings?
So a highly skilled fighter and intuitive force user. using the darkside was able to use a sword against a grievously injured opponent.
So ridiculous!
>>
>>82275092
If you wouldn't lick daisy ridleys asshole you are a full fledged faggot
>>
File: 5463135.jpg (79KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
5463135.jpg
79KB, 720x480px
>>82275092
>>
>>82274993

I'm wondering, who among the star was villains has sustained a wound that instantly kills lesser warrior in armor and then continues to fight.

Name one.
>>
>>82274347
Luke lost a hand, got thrown down a chute, and was left for dead in Empire Strikes Back. In return of the Jedi Luke beats down Vader in his failing mech suit and gets zapped to death by Sheev.

In Force Awakens, Rey grabs the lightsaber at the very end of the film for the first time and defeats Ben with no injuries or problems.
>>
>>82266922
For someone who grew up around a bunch of junkers and being raised by an alien with a Cockney accent, Rey sure had a posh, upper class sounding accent.
>>
>>82267085
>even though it's a well made film
>>
>>82275319
just for a new hope

>luke gets wrecked by sand people and has to be saved by obi wan
>has to be saved by obi wan again when he almost gets into a bar fight
>is saved by r2d2 from being crushed
>is saved by wedge and han solo in death star attack
>>
>>82275246
most sith wouldn't have got shot like that they would have deflected the bolt
>>
>>82275090
luke couldn't go toe to toe with vader first time he met him he had to have training from obi wan and yoda
>>
File: g3NGufa.gif (3MB, 313x343px) Image search: [Google]
g3NGufa.gif
3MB, 313x343px
>20 minutes into the movie
>Rey has incredible force powers

Vs

>2 movies later
>Luke has just enough of a grasp of the force to be able to save himself out of a dire situation

She might be force sensitive and super strong because of it but how is that good writing? That makes her worse than a Mary Sue because at least a Mary Sue works hard to get to her Mary Sue status.
>>
>>82275319

Sorry, previous to the fight, did kylo get shot in the guts by a weapon that instantly kills other armored soldiers?

lol yeah
>>
>>82275590

So what is your point?
>>
OP here,

I am sorry that my thread attracted so many n-bombs, f-bombs (homosexual slur), r-bombs, k-bombs, and insults to autistic people. I had no idea I would find myself the victim /tv/'s hate and immaturity. If you are offended by the posters who I accidentally attracted to my thread then I am truly sorry, as I did not expect this.
>>
>>82275971
my point is they made the villain a joke
>>
>>82275997
I just want Rey to fucked by nigger cock on screen to show white bois they're inferior
>>
>>82276005

So which other villain has literally just murdered their father?
>>
>>82276071
being evil doesn't make a good villain you have to be a threat too. it would be like if Han's shot had got through in esb and Luke was able to beat him after.
>>
>>82276071
>So which other villain has literally just murdered their father?

That made him a bigger joke.
>>
>tfw enjoy Star Wars when it's not being Star Wars
>tfw Clone Wars (the original series), TFA and R1 have been the best pieces of media to come out of the franchise
>>
>>82276304

why?
>>
>>82267207

Luke is the hero and people save/help him far more than Rey. Success with no struggle is boring. No one wants to watch a basketball team of 1 vs 5. The 5 will win. Yea, they "succeed" good for them. It's a story though, you can make it 5 vs 5 and look like it's more even, give each side ups and downs. They put Rey up too much, they put the villains down too much. It was poorly down.
>>
>>82275997
I am autistic and I tell you to please shut the fuck up and calm the fuck down, you're exactly the reason I joined this side of the internet. So fucking tired of your sanitized padded wall cringey movie discussions where nobody says what they really think or feel. I'll pick people making fun of my disorder over you any day, hell I'd say it's probably the thing that makes me laugh the hardest.
>>
>>82276259

Sorry, did he stop a laser with the force and capture poe?
Did he easily capture rey?

While in the first movie. death vader made intimidating hand gestures and got shot down by han

Woops. Sorry about your argument...
>>
>>82276387

just fyi, that wasn't me, OP lol
>>
>>82272917
In the second he is not read and gets his ass kicked. Watch the movie instead texting next time. Also:
>Did you want the same old story again?
You have gotta be fucking kidding
>>
File: 76f.png (478KB, 600x969px) Image search: [Google]
76f.png
478KB, 600x969px
>>82276316
>Not old republic
>>
>>82266922
I wish Finn beat white boi Kylo down and BLACKED Rey in front of him
>>
>>82266922
The problem with Rey is how she was written. I get that she grew up by herself scavenging space ships and probably learned a thing or two about flying, but having a character who is good at everything she does force-related first try doesn't really make for a compelling character. Especially after watching Luke go from a farm boy to a Jedi in 3 movies.

The only thing that could make Rey even somewhat redeemable is her backstory, which Disney is probably going to keep hidden until ep 9 or something.
>>
Rey is a Mary Sue because she is instantly liked, trusted and put on a pedestal by everyone she meets.

Han Solo wants her on his crew and trust her enough to work on the Falcon. Chewbacca watches over her and rips off Unkar's arm to protect her, who also wants her for inexplicable reasons. Maz is willing to give her a lightsaber, and not just any lightsaber, but the Legacy lightsaber of the series. Finn loves her and his sole motivation in rescuing her is that he loves her. The major villains of the movie want her. Princess Leia hugs her and not Chewbacca when Han Solo dies, and personally tell her that the Force is with her. She inherits the Millennium Falcon, Chewbacca, and R2D2 when one of the three most beloved characters in the franchise is killed off. The primary villain of the movie, Kylo Ren, obsesses over her when she is his prisoner and is the first person in the movie to take his mask off to. Absolutely every single thing is handed to her and her competence and personality are never questioned in any way, shape or form by anyone in the movie.

This is what makes a Mary Sue. Not the fact that she has all of these amazing powers and abilities without even trying or without having been trained, but the fact that absolutely everyone she meets instantly likes and trusts her. This is the true mark of a Mary Sue, and it is due to an inability of a writer to create a compelling character. A Mary Sue will always be a stand-in for how the writer wants the fictional characters to react to them personally.

None of this can be refuted. She is a Mary Sue, and it isn't because she has powers and is a woman. It's because she is horribly written and to defend her is to defend bad writing.
>>
>>82276616
>everyone she meets instantly likes and trusts her
so, just like Luke. got it.
>>
>>82276828
Luke is a believable Mary Sue. The Mary Sue character usually does something to earn their powers.
>>
>>82276407
vader's wingman swerved into him han could have shot at vader but wasted his shot on a nobody so vader didnt get shot down it was his wingmans incompetence that lost the day
>>
>star wars
kek who gives a shit
>no daisy ridley panties
:(
>>
>>82276875
as has been said a million times, the reason Rey is more powerful is ambiguous on purpose and will be explained in the sequels.

stop pretending her arc is complete from one movie.
>>
File: 1492892143967.jpg (919KB, 3444x3444px) Image search: [Google]
1492892143967.jpg
919KB, 3444x3444px
Rey is the reincarnation of The One, the first person to wield the force and the founder of the Jedi order.

Snoke is the first dark side user, kept alive all this time by the power of the dark side. He's literally the snake in the garden of eden.

Rey wasn't abandoned on Jakku. She was hidden there in hopes that Snoke wouldn't find her and discover her power.

Luke discovered a secret about the Jedi order dating back to the time of the Old Republic. He learns that the old Jedi actually embraced the force as a whole. This leads to his "grey Jedi" teachings.

Luke teaches Rey to be a Jedi, but not in the traditional light vs dark way, and then he dies.

Rey and Kylo team up to destroy Snoke in Ep IX. Kylo sacrifices himself just like Vader did in ROTJ. (He finally becomes as strong as Darth Vader.)

Rey goes on to found the new Jedi order, just as Snoke predicts in TFA.

The End.
>>
>>82276828

Han Solo spends the entire movie up until just prior to the Death Star run doubting Luke and questioning his competence. They're very first encounter displays that he is a Brash and arrogant individual who thinks highly of himself and doubts that Luke could pilot a ship by himself. It is only when Luke and he make up prior to the Death Star run that they truly become friends.

The very first thing Princess Leia says when she sees him is that he is short. She then spends the rest of the rescue criticizing them for how poorly planned this entire operation is. It is only after Obi-Wan dies that she feels sad for him, and she knew Obi-Wan as well.

Red leader doubts Luke until his best friend from childhood vouches for him. The only two people to instantly trust and like Luke are his best friend and the mentoring wizard who has been watching over him his entire life, both of which are character archetypes that Rey does not have.

Darth Vader does not even know who Luke is in the first movie.

Continuing on into the next films, Yoda immediately talks down to Luke and claims that he cannot be a Jedi. He reluctantly trains Luke even though he says Luke has no patience whatsoever. Jabba the Hutt does not fear Luke and absolutely refuses the Jedi's offer of peace, laughing about it.

The difference between Luke and Rey, setting aside all manner of power level arguments, is that people react reasonably and normally to Luke. Rey however is immediately liked and trusted by everyone she meets and is never so much as talked down to once in the film.

Both Luke and Rey accomplished amazing feats. Both of them have a connection to the force. But one of them is written well, and the other one is not.
>>
>>82277049

Disney's new plot draws a lot from George's original ideas. Especially Snoke. The original producer of Star Wars and Empire, Gary Kurtz, once talked about plans for a sequel trilogy. George also mentioned this. They said that it would lead to a greater villain, one who was behind everything, including the rise of the Emperor.

>>82277058

Well said Anon.
>>
>>82276969
NO REY IN PANTIES
>NO REY IN PANTIES
NO REY IN PANTIES
>NO REY IN PANTIES
NO REY IN PANTIES
>NO REY IN PANTIES
NO REY IN PANTIES
>NO REY IN PANTIES
NO REY IN PANTIES
>NO REY IN PANTIES
NO REY IN PANTIES
>NO REY IN PANTIES
NO REY IN PANTIES
>NO REY IN PANTIES
NO REY IN PANTIES
>NO REY IN PANTIES
NO REY IN PANTIES
>NO REY IN PANTIES
NO REY IN PANTIES
>NO REY IN PANTIES
NO REY IN PANTIES
>NO REY IN PANTIES

DO NOT WATCH DISNEY WARS UNTIL THEY DELIVER
>>
>>82277026
its the same reason why anakin could pilot a ship as kid just because he was a pod racer poor writing
>>
>>82277058
screenshot this. Also TFA/Reyfags BTFO.
>>
>>82277152
>its the same reason why anakin could pilot a ship

Because it was on auto pilot

Did you even watch that movie?
>>
>>82267596

Redditfags know no other way to communicate.
>>
>>82277058
and when Han shows up at the Millenium Falcon he couldn't care less about Rey and shits on her for getting the Kessel Run distance wrong. He thinks Finn (who at that time puports to be a VIP resistance fighter) is the important one with the intel. Then they spend the next few scenes running away from Rathtars.

he only sees her as significant after Maz and her finding the saber.

Try again.
>>
>>82277156
imagine being so insecure about your flaky criticisms you have to samefag yourself (inb4 faked screenshot)
>>
>>82277058
this
>>
>>82277112
>Well said Anon.

Thank you. Too often people getting mired in power level measuring and comparing feats of magic, combat prowess and bravery, only paying attention to what's is flashy and colorful, and forgetting that's the other half of being a Mary Sue is found in how people in the story react to the character. Do you have a character who encounters obstacles from other people, social or otherwise? You are on the path to not having a Mary Sue. Do you have someone that's in counters no obstacles from any social interaction with any other character in the story? Then you have a poorly-written character.
>>
>>82277237
I am not him. Sono un poster di un paese completamente diverso.
Povero stronzetto.
>>
>>82277058
>Continuing on into the next films
irrelevant when talking about Rey, who has only had one film to begin her arc. I guess you give Luke more of a chance when he has 4 hours more plot time than Rey.
>>
>>82277203
>he only sees her as significant after Maz and her finding the saber.

Which happened after he was blown away by her ability to bypass a compressor, gave her a gun and offered her a job. Han Solo reacts with absolutely nothing but amazement at everything she does.
>>
>>82277301
You are completely missing the point.
Rey is already ruined for the way they introduced her. Any "correction" will be a pathetic backtracking, the sam e thing they failed with Anakin at the beginning of EPIII.
And even in that case, Anakin's fall was horribly written, but his character was arguably way less Stu-ish.
>>
>>82277301
>irrelevant when talking about Rey, who has only had one film to begin her arc

You will note that I listed several examples from A New Hope prior to talking about the next films in his series, which you are incapable of refuting.
>>
>>82277058
>>82276616

God bless you for this, Anon.
>>
>>82268037

>montages are real-time

t. absolute mongoloid
>>
>>82277353
>her ability to bypass a compressor
she worked with space junk and ships since she was an orphan and it's pretty much the only thing she knows. This is obvious.

>gave her a gun and offered her a job
to repay a debt because she got him his ship and well, they're all on it anyway.

>Han Solo reacts with absolutely nothing but amazement at everything she does
huh? when? even if that was true, Harrison can't even articulate that emotion so that point is moot.

>>82277381
and you will note that I'm not refuting Han was an asshole to Luke, but he was also an asshole to Rey for like a second before JJ decided to throw in a pointless Rathtar chase. Then they get separated. They barely interact otherwise.

But either way no one gives a shit about Rey because she hardly interacts with anyone on a personal level. you're delusional for thinking that she's a Mary Sue for being a perky girl who has no reason to be distrusted.
>>
>>82277520
>for like a second

lol, at least even you admit it.
>>
>>82266922
Isn't Kylo Ren also incredibly force sensitive? Does being "incredibly force sensitive" automatically make you a fencing master?
>>
>>82266922
>muh force sensitivity
Just because you can canonically justify it doesn't mean it's interesting. Having an infallible main character is boring. Yes it makes sense within the canon of Star Wars. But it's boring.
>>
>>82277558
did I say Rey is a good character or the film is well written? No. But she's not a Mary Sue for being 'universally trustworthy and liked' or whatever retarded explanation that person gave. Literally the dumbest thing I've read all day.

By that same measure BB-8 is a Mary Sue. that nigga had thumb lighters and spring loaded hooks that came out of nowhere and are never used again.
>>
>>82266922
>engage DARTH FUCKING VADER
He lost.
Vader went easy on him because he was his son and this was after Vader had his legs and hand cut off and his skin and respiratory system wrecked by fire.
>>
>>82277520
>being a perky girl who has no reason to be distrusted.

Speaking from a perspective as a soldier, there is absolutely no reason to believe that anyone young and in a dangerous or potentially dangerous situation is competent until they prove themselves. If you are old, then at the very least it can be assumed that you have experience, along with perspective and caution. Young people you have just met have demonstrated neither patience nor competency, therefore it is completely logical to assume that if someone is young they lack both experience and wisdom. Furthermore, potential problems arise if you place too much trust, confidence or responsibility in someone who is in no way prepared to deal with those things, and lacks the perspective to truly understand what they are or what they may mean.

Han Solo talks down to Luke, and calls him a kid. He doubts Luke's competency at every turn until he and Luke have been through the gauntlet of the Death Star together.

Rey shut a door on some tentacle monsters and then bypassed a compressor, and this is only at the start of the second act. Han Solo then immediately trusts her and never questions her competency ever again.

He is old, and she is not. Their interactions are written terribly because it ignores this fact.

And then his wife hugs her when he dies and not his best friend whom they both have known for decades longer than the five minutes she spent with Rey.
>>
>>82266922
look was a good pilot from being a farmer and both him and anakin had the force helping them out even though they didn't know it.

Different than Rey in everyway.
>>
Best path for Rey is the villain path.

It's extremely daring, at least in comparison to the safe storyline we saw so far, surprises everyone, moves away from the SJW shit, and gets rid of all the sue problems.

Kylo becomes the hero, Rey the villain.
It'd be a bigger twist than anything even in the OT and there is plenty of room for it to happen, her backstory is blank so she could be turned into anything.
>>
>>82276828
So you never watched ANH.
>>
01010111 01001000 01011001 00111111 00100000 01001001 01001100 01001100 00100000 01010100 01000101 01001100 01001100 00100000 01011001 01001111 01010101 00100000 01010111 01001000 01011001 00101110 00100000 01000010 01000101 01000011 01010101 01000001 01010011 01000101 00100000 01001110 01001111 01001110 01000101 00100000 01001111 01000110 00100000 01010111 01001000 01000001 00100000 01010011 01001000 01000101 00100000 01000100 01001111 01000101 01010011 00100000 01001001 01010011 00100000 01000101 01010110 01000101 01010010 00100000 01000101 01011000 01010000 01001100 01000001 01001001 01001110 01000101 01000100 00101110 00100000 01010100 01001000 01000001 01010100 00100000 01001101 01001001 01000111 01001000 01010100 00100000 01010000 01000001 01010011 01010011 00100000 01000100 01010101 01010010 01001001 01001110 01000111 00100000 01010100 01001000 01000101 00100000 01010100 01001001 01001101 01000101 00100000 00100111 01000001 00100000 01001110 01000101 01010111 00100000 01001000 01001111 01010000 01000101 00100111 00100000 01001000 01000001 01010000 01010000 01000101 01001110 01000101 01000100 00101100 00100000 01000010 01010101 01010100 00100000 01001001 01010100 00100000 01000100 01001111 01000101 01010011 01001110 00100111 01010100 00100000 01010111 01001111 01010010 01001011 00100000 01001110 01001111 01010111 00101110 00001101 00001010 00001101 00001010 01001001 01000110 00100000 01011001 01001111 01010101 00100000 01010111 01000001 01001110 01010100 00100000 01010100 01001111 00100000 01001000 01000101 01010010 01000101 00100000 01001101 01001111 01010010 01000101 00101100 00100000 01001100 01001111 01001111 01001011 00100000 01010101 01010000 00100000 00100111 01001101 01000001 01010010 01011001 00100000 01010011 01010101 01000101 00101110 00100111
>>
>>82276616
>>82277058

Saved for future use.
>>
>>82277669
>By that same measure BB-8 is a Mary Sue. that nigga had thumb lighters and spring loaded hooks that came out of nowhere and are never used again.
I think you are not qualified for talking about anything other than the weather.
>>
>>82277669
BB-8 is the MacGuffin with the MacGuffin much like R2 was the MacGuffin with the MacGuffin.
>>
>>82277841
>Speaking from a perspective as a soldier
*jerk off motion*
no one gives a shit how much you "HUAR" for a living. argue the points.

>there is absolutely no reason to believe that anyone young and in a dangerous or potentially dangerous situation is competent until they prove themselves
hahahahahaha oh my fucking god. please tell me you are aware you're talking about Star Wars right now.

>Young people you have just met have demonstrated neither patience nor competency, therefore it is completely logical to assume that if someone is young they lack both experience and wisdom.
yep. except Rey, a junkrat who spent all her life scaveging parts and emulating pilots, demonstrates this when she "bypasses da compressoh!"

>Han Solo then immediately trusts her and never questions her competency ever again.
what would there be to distrust? they're separated for the rest of the movie after she gets captured. Also Maz, an old friend who Han trusts and is obviously comfortable with, indicates to Han that there's something special.

>Rey shut a door on some tentacle monsters and then bypassed a compressor
pretty good for someone who looks like a scruffy nerf herder.

>He is old, and she is not. Their interactions are written terribly because it ignores this fact.
what interactions are written terribly? again, there's like 3.

>And then his wife hugs her when he dies and not his best friend whom they both have known for decades longer than the five minutes she spent with Rey.
not proof anyone is a "MARY SUE!!!!1" She's just... there, I guess.
>>
>>82278062

Way to attack the person not the argument. You're very good at this.
>>
>>82278009
>can't handle the bantz
and you're not qualified to be up past 6pm. get your butt to bed, kiddo.
>>
>>82278111
way to completely fail to refute any of my points. You're very bad at this.
>>
>>82277841
I feel like they didn't want the main characters to hate each other. They were trying to make it a come back for star wars, so it's like, "look the gangs all back together".

Truth is you are right and Han shouldn't have given a shit about Rey. In fact he should've wondered why she was on the ship and told her to fuck off.
>>
>>82278144

That would require you to refute a single point, which you have thus been unable to do.
>>
>>82278062
>hahahahahaha oh my fucking god. please tell me you are aware you're talking about Star Wars right now.

Sorry but people used to be written more like people, even in sci-fi, in older movies. Also you are dismissing with that poster, but any "point" you raise here has been already demolished here
>>82276616
>>82277058
You are just writing bullshit right now.
>>
>>82278171
way to rephrase what I just said and add literally nothing. you're REALLY bad at this.
>>
>>82278169

Thank you. There is no reason for a grizzled, galaxy-weary smuggler to pay any attention to a couple of kids. The fact that he treats Rey like a daughter is laughable.
>>
>>82278112
That was not bantz, that was just you writing stupid things.

>>82278144
Nope. You are refuting the points raised before and recurring to ad-hominem.
>>
>>82278193
>way to rephrase what I just said and add literally nothing. you're REALLY bad at this.

Well, that's what you did in >>82278144 to >>82278111.
>>
>>82278193
But is true. This post >>82278062
Is completely devoid of any meaning. There is just you being smug and thinking that this makes you win an argument.
The fact that Rey is a sue has ben demonstrated. The rest is just you and this guy >>82278112
being retards, assuming you are not the same person (which can be, because you look both shallow, smug and incredibly self-unaware).
>>
>>82278232
you seem to have read the first line about the soldier than completely glossed over the rest of the post. Try harder.

If you did read it you'd see "argue the points", which you have completely failed to do thus far.

>>82278245
Nope. See above. you didn't actually read my post, just sperged out over the first line.
>>
>>82278171
>>82278187
>>82278232
>>82278245

Savage as fuck
>>
>>82278305
>The fact that Rey is a sue has ben demonstrated.
no, it hasn't, which is what the post was about. try reading it for a change, retard.
>>
>>82278321

>So many people ganging up on this idiot that he thinks the post he linked to is me

I actually feel pity.
>>
>>82278384
>still can't refute any of my points
i feel vindicated
>>
>>82277049
>Luke discovered a secret about the Jedi order dating back to the time of the Old Republic. He learns that the old Jedi actually embraced the force as a whole. This leads to his "grey Jedi" teachings.

So the Je'daii? They were the first organization of force users and embraced a balance of both sides of the force. The planet the lived on had two moons which they felt evoked either side and would send members to either moon if they felt they were leaning to far to one side. Once on the moon that reflected the particular side they were leaning towards, they would be instructed to look upon the other moon and meditated on it. They would again achieve a balance and return to the others on the home world. They would eventually end up in a civil war, forming the Jedi order which is a zealous offspring bent on purging the Dark side in all forms (which would cause an imbalance in the force) and the others would go on to become Sith/Dark Force users.
>>
>>82267633
Why even make the movie? It's not impossible to make a trilogy where each move can stand tall on its own, LOTR and Kung Fu Panda are great examples. TFA clearly wasn't made to stand on its own and it shows in the quality of the final product.
>>
>>82278396

So do I. Thanks for this, Anon.
>>
>>82276616
>>82277058

Never thought about this, you're right. I knew there was something I hated about Ray but it wasn't her powers out the acting, I think this is it.
>>
>>82278412
Idk if this is some EU shit but in the movies the force wasn't Yin and Yang. The dark side was a perversion of the force. "Balance" comes from it's destruction.
>>
>>82278528

Not canon.
>>
>>82278321
It wasn't me, see >>82278384
and anyway I refrain at this point. You are just stupid, sad and pathetic, and you do think you are some sort of genius while you lost the discussion like, 20 posts ago.
>>
>>82278546

This.
>>
>>82274347
>he was able to disarm a triple amputee burn victim on life support with an iron lung who didn't actually want to kill him during any of their two Encounter

Fixed.
>>
>>82278546
aaaand surprise surprise. you still haven't refuted a single one of my points, just resorted to ad hominem with "sad" and "pathetic", already claiming you "won" (lol) even though you completely ignored everything I wrote in response.

that's how you lose an argument.
>>
>>82278546
ugh just stop already. you're both being retarded and stopped actually talking about the film ages ago.
>>
>>82278636
>just resorted to ad hominem
>completely ignored everything I wrote in response

Hello pot, I'm kettle. You are black.
>>
>>82278636
this
>>82276616
>>82277058
Is all you have to refute and you didn't. it's you that fail to understand that it's on you now.
bring some actual argument or go away.
I cannot tell if trolling, oblivious or in denial but you are seriously a sad case.
>>
File: BBC Rumor BTFO.jpg (248KB, 740x1888px) Image search: [Google]
BBC Rumor BTFO.jpg
248KB, 740x1888px
>>82267771
Black boys eternally BTFO.
>>
>>82278687
and you stopped responding to my legitimate responses. I guess you forgot that you can't claim to have "won" something you surrendered from.
>>
>>82278528
Are you kidding me? The Force is nothing but Eastern philosophy. All things are connected by some mystical energy, size doesn't matter if you're well trained, our bodies are just a shell of our essence that lives on as a form of energy once we pass on, etc.

The Jedi are basically portrayed as Shaolin Monks that even use more Eastern style weaponry. The Lightsabre works more as a katana or Chinese sword than a typical European sword.
>>
File: 1452991535484.jpg (6KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
1452991535484.jpg
6KB, 225x224px
>>82266922
>>
>>82278717
The last time I responded before you or the guy I was talking to sperged out and stopped reading my posts was this: >>82278062

since then that anon has stopped bothering to talk about the actual film. I'm willing to put ad hominem to bed if that anon does.
>>
>>82278821

Probably because that post you made is nonsense and doesn't refute anything.
>>
>>82278872
which parts don't refute it at why. this post wasn't a legitimate response.
>>
>Better in hand to hand combat than two armed mercenary thugs.

>Better pilot than fully trained and experienced elite Tie Figter pilots.

>Better at flying the Millenium Falcon than Han Solo

>Better mechanic than Chewie

>Better swordsman than a trained dark side user.

>Greater Jedi than Luke in all three OT Star Wars films

>Better marksman than trained Stormtroopers, the first time she uses a gun.

>Knows and posses Jedi powers she hasn't been taught

Rey is the most ridiculously overpowered, franchise ruining Mary Sue in all of movie history.

And they're just going to explain it all away by saying, "well she's the chosen one!"

Ridiculous.

You would have to be the absolute worst cuckold male raised by a domineering single mother to find this acceptable
>>
>>82278891
*& why
>>
>>82278897

And that's just powers. Don't forget >>82276616
>>
>>82278930
see: >>82277203 >>82277520
>>
>>82278891

Oh, I read your post, I read it thoroughly. The reason I stopped talking to you was this:

>hahahahahaha oh my fucking god. please tell me you are aware you're talking about Star Wars right now.

You proved yourself inadequate to seriously debate, so I stopped. Feel free to continue trying, though, I'm sure someone more "on your level" will take it up.
>>
>>82278930
We'll said Anon. Her ridiculous Mary Sue status is irrefutable at this point.
>>
>>82278992

Nothing refuted.

>>82279074

I concur.
>>
>>82279065
then you've given up because you don't even bother to read the rest of the fucking post which has arguments in it. you're incapable of rational discourse. it's that simple.

that's why you lose.
>>
>>82266922
>who could engage DARTH FUCKING VADER
And lose a hand after being toyed with.
>>
>>82269070
This reeks of hamplanet.
>>
>>82279074
>>82279111
nope. because i literally refuted it and the anon trying his hardest to respond to me gave up. see: >>82279065
>>82279136

you're not very convincing if all you can do is samefag instead of respond to the actual argument at hand.
>>
>>82267153
>too much about her is left as a mystery

I wish people would stop saying this. Nothing is left a mystery. It's just not there.

The only reason people say "it's a mystery" is because there's going to be two other movies. So rather than give her any depth or an arc, they just kick the can down the road to the next director to flesh her out.
>>
>>82279136

You're the one hung up on winning, Anon. You've mentioned it several times woke I've not mentioned it once. You seem preoccupied by it.

>Oh, I read your post, I read it thoroughly
>you don't even bother to read the rest of the fucking post

lol
>>
>>82276875
luke isn't a fucking mary sue you dumb NIGGER. all luke does is fuck up and fail. luke didn't even end up saving the day
>>
>>82279208
>claims to have read it thoroughly
>can't refute anything I've said
>refuses to acknowledge actual argument at hand
Yep. lol indeed. discourse isn't for you. just stick to mary sue baiting.
>>
Anyone have that copypasta of hating the new movies because of feminism?
>>
>>82277203

>shits on her for getting the Kessel Run distance wrong

This was only in there to make a reference.

Hell if you actually watch ANH, the Kessel Run remark is clearly just Han bullshitting Obi-wan and Luke, who he sees as easy marks to overcharge for passage. Luke eats it up because he's a dumb hick who has never been offworld and Obi-wan rolls his eyes because, unbeknownst to Han, he isn't just an old man.

It makes sense too with the definition of a parsec too.

Not to mention the Falcon is actually an old, barely hanging together, piece of shit despite Han bragging to Obi-wan and Luke. Han and Chewie keep it flying because they know it intimately. In RotJ Lando has a full crew of people keeping it flying
>>
File: 1493504117599[1].jpg (48KB, 540x699px) Image search: [Google]
1493504117599[1].jpg
48KB, 540x699px
God I hated TFA. I'm done paying hollywood to force political opinions down my throat.

Women are not strong
Women are not heroes
Women are not determined or inspiring

They are verifiably, factually and demonstrably less intelligent, less inspired, less ingenious and less capable than men in almost every field. I am not now nor will I ever swallow the feminist pill of equality because the two genders very simply are not equal.

That is why I didn't like it. Because Rey was the protagonist. I don't want that, I don't need that and I have had enough of Star Wars in my life if that's the way the franchise is going.
>>
>>82279523
it was still him being surly towards someone who at first glance is a smartass. it puts her in her place and reintroduces Han as the arrogant guy we all know.

I like that reading of ANH, but Han actually did do it didn't he? It's only doubted in the EU (wikia says it's canon but those novels really aren't):
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kessel_Run

And the Kessel Run is *meant* to be measured by distance. It's a nearest route competition.
>>
>>82274490
There's no way this is real. Right?
>>
>>82266922
its because she herself as a character had no conflict or growth. in the first movie luke had to make a split decision to trust in the force and hope to whatever that he didnt just fuck up and kill the entire rebellion. he was also at the mercy of darth vader who was cruisin and just fuckin the x wings at his leisure he just didnt expect han to show up. then when luke actually confronted vader he got the shit beat out of him the first time. and also got beat nearly the second time but came back from it by giving into his anger for a moment which strengthened him.

rey magically new to trust the force anyways she already had a understanding that it would work there was no real test of faith or consequence of failure.
>>
>>82266922
Luke was a toy for Vader in the first fight, he lost and lost her arm. Vader didn't kill him because he was his son.

And the second fight Vader still has doubts and don't want to kill his son, he wants that Luke joins him against the emperor. Also I don't know how many time is Like training with Yoda after his first fight with Vader but at least you can say he trained with Yoda, the best Jedi in the saga.

So, don't make stupid comparisons again. Rey even knows that Jedis can manipulate other minds, Âżhow does she knows that? Take didn't even know if the Jedi ever existed for god sake.

Rey character is very very bad written. Period. Nothing can relate to him. Only teenage girls maybe. The only character that is interesting is Kylo. For me he is the new trilogy. He is for me the protagonist.

About the other characters I don't want even talk about them. Finn... Poe? hahahahahaha.
>>
>>82279111
Holy fucking shit just shut the fuck up, everyone here knows your wrong, you've been refuted endless times but all the legitimate refutations go without you replying to them. The guy youre arguing with is petulant, but at least he's right.
>>
>>82279688
>Han actually did do it didn't he?

I mean, if you take his word for it. But he's a criminal who owes a debt to a gangster that he can't repay and is therefore desperate for the money.

The distance measure is just the EU cop-out to try and justify Han's statement.

He shouldn't be taken as someone who's truthful in ANH because he is someone who's just out for money until he has his change of heart at the end.
>>
File: quack quack quack.webm (360KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
quack quack quack.webm
360KB, 640x360px
>>82279842
>>
>>82280071
that makes sense, but the Kessel Run is supposed to be this galaxy reknowned competition that everyone knows about. It'd be pretty hard to fake that achievement and get away with it.
>>
>>82280190
She looks like video game character with exaggerated facial movements.
>>
>>82280049
to further my point rey using the force had absolutely no relevance to the plot of the force awakens. the starkiller base would have been destroyed without her and her force. she literally exists for no reason in the movie except to be a mary sue.
>>
>>82280368
>a main character who is force sensitive and provides the throughline for the entire Jedi legacy
>no reason to exist
this is what mary sue fags GENUINELY believe.
>>
>>82280270
but Han was bullshitting a teenage redneck and what he assumed to be some old hermid, how could they verify that?
>>
>>82280270

>this galaxy reknowned competition that everyone knows about

Obi-wan didn't know about it. Neither did Luke. It's never mentioned until Rey pops up with that reference too.

Plus it always struck me as something that would be on the underground too. Being done by smugglers, bootleggers, etc. Like the type of thing that led to stock car racing getting started in the US. Not a NASCAR style event that everyone would know about.

But perhaps that's just my headcanon or what I remember for some book in the 90s.
>>
>>82266922
>Impossibly good.

shut up any other woman would did the same job..
>>
>>82280466
going to kesselrun.org/results

>>82280524
sure, it's like a pilot fanatic piece of trivia, but even so that's a little too hard to fake for that long to that many people. in any case we'll probably hear more about it, or possibly even see it, in Red Cup or whatever the fuck the new spinoff is called.
>>
>>82278897
>Knows and posses Jedi powers she hasn't been taught.

This has a canon explanation. It's retarded but it is what it is.

The rest I agree with.
>>
>>82280068

You seem upset.
>>
>>82280368
Yeah. Instead of the hero saving the day and destroying the base it's Poe Dameron. The guy we spent so much time with and really got to know. He was snarky and..uh made some quips in the first act and then wasn't in the movie again till the third act and even then there wasn't much screen time with him. Why is this guy so important again?

I know they're setting him up for the other two movies but they really dropped the ball on introducing his character. Looking at the movie as a stand alone he's just some random guy that pops up in the beginning and end of the movie and could just been a nobody and it wouldn't have made a difference. You have him as a main character throughout the whole movie so the audience actually gets to know him. He should have been with Finn and Rey throughout the entire movie and then split at the third act once he reunites with The Resistance. Finn should have been the bumbling idiot that needs saving from Poe and Rey as they're the only two with some experience in either fighting or flying and which would make his character arc of always running away and choosing to stand and fight all the more endearing.
>>
>>82280902

Poe and Finn should have been a parallel to 3PO and R2D2 in the beginning and at least had them wandering the desert together for a bit so we get to know them and develop their personalities a bit more.

(I know originally they had killed Poe off)
>>
>>82281021
Finn already gets his character development. It's Poe who doesn't. He should have been teaching Finn something in combat with a gun and even giving Rey some pointers in flying as he's a skilled pilot. You know, have a an experienced guy take on a couple of rookies and train them along their way to meeting up with the resistance. Like when they're flying the Falcon during the chase on Jakku, have his arm busted up from the crash so he can't fly and has to guide Rey while Finn is manning the gun. Once back at the base he gets his arm healed and they split off for the attack on the Star Killer base.
>>
File: anita facepalm.gif (3MB, 256x234px) Image search: [Google]
anita facepalm.gif
3MB, 256x234px
>thousands of male characters fit The Chosen One archetype and are naturally gifted at things that help in their adventures and seems to be protected by supernatural forces

Oh well of course, this is the classical Hero's Journey template every culture has, it is an enjoyable wishfulfillment fantasy for the audience's inner child's ID desire to be special and has it's genesis in the prophet figures of various religions around the world, perfectly acceptable storytelling method.

>one female character finally also fits The Chosen One archetype and is naturally gifted at things that help in her adventures and seems to be protected by supernatural forces

FUCKING MAAAAAARRRRRRRRYYYYYY SSSSSSSSUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEE FUCKING FEMINISTS RUIN EVERYTHING GODDAMN WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN SHE HAS AN AMBIGUOUS BACKSTORY EITHER TELL ME UPFRONT RIGHT FUCKING NOW HOW SHE KNOWS HOW TO DO EVERYTHING SHE DOES OR IM GOING TO STAB SOMEONE THIS FUCKING BULLSHIT IS ALL THE SJWS FAULT THEY HAVE RUINED MY FAVORITE MOVIE SERIES THAT HAS NEVER HAD A WOMAN DO ANYTHING IN IT BEFORE GOD DAMN IT WHERES MY GUN I NEED TO DO A SCHOOL SHOOTING
>>
>>82280902
you know whats even more funny rey and poe didnt even meet.
>>
>>82281395
underrated post
>>
>star wars
>when there are zero (0) images of daisy in panties

star wars was never good. if you like fag wars bak2reddit.

star wars-reddit
panties-4chan
>>
>>82280617
What's the canon explanation??
>>
>>82281395
Actually that thing sucks in male characters as well. Reminds me of another now not canon Star Wars Mary Sue, Starkiler from Force Unleashed. Guy was more powerful than any Jedi (could literally pull a Star Destroyer from space towards a planet as well pull a lightsabre right from Vader's hand as an infant), is the one who starts the rebellion and his family crest and easily defeats Vader to the point of wrecking the shit out of his suit. The also canon ending in the game is him sacrificing himself to save others from the Emperor so he lives on as this great hero who sacrificed so much for the rebellion to exist.
>>
File: IMG_9459.jpg (52KB, 500x304px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9459.jpg
52KB, 500x304px
>>82281691
She pulled it from Kylo's head while they were mind fucking each other.
>>
File: 1492471070861.jpg (46KB, 306x513px) Image search: [Google]
1492471070861.jpg
46KB, 306x513px
>2 years later
>still arguing with people who got literally memed into star wars by disney
>>
>>82266922
>Let's not forget that Luke went from being a farmer who was good at flying to a jedi who could engage DARTH FUCKING VADER with almost no training.

And the first time he engaged Vader, he got stomped. Vader was playing with him through almost the entire duel and after Luke wounded Vader on the shoulder while they were on the crosswalk, Vader got serious and disarmed Luke in no time.

And this was after two years of Luke experimenting with his Force powers. In contrast, Rey manages to beat Kylo in their first duel, despite Kylo having decades of training on Rey. The argument has been made that "well Kylo isn't the main villain, Snoke is". But if you look at the OT, Vader ultimately wasn't the main villain, Sidious was.
>>
>>82281749
>could literally pull a Star Destroyer from space

Size matters not.
>>
>>82281749
>Tricked into creating the rebellion so Vader could get all of his enemies together
>>
>>82281767

The opinion of a cartoonist has absolutely no canon bearing. There is absolutely no explanation for how she knows about the Jedi mind trick.
>>
>>82281767
But how would she know what to do if she's never used her mental abilities before? How does she know how to mind block a trained Force user for the first time? No one just picks up these abilities after being exposed to them for the first time. These Disney writers are ruining the Force even worse than George did with Midichlorians. Midichlorians at least didn't instantly make a person know to use the Force and the various skills in it. A person still had to learn how to "talk" to them to manipulate the Force.
>>
>>82281395
apparently you dont even understand the hero's journey its not just about being chosen or being good at things. its also about growing as a person and overcoming your weaknesses. where was rey ever challenged that she did not immediately succeed? how did she grow as a character? she didnt she simply was perfect in what she did.

here is an excerpt form this site http://www.movieoutline.com/articles/the-hero-journey-mythic-structure-of-joseph-campbell-monomyth.html

The inmost cave may represent many things in the Hero's story such as an actual location in which lies a terrible danger or an inner conflict which up until now the Hero has not had to face. As the Hero approaches the cave he must make final preparations before taking that final leap into the great unknown.

At the threshold to the inmost cave the Hero may once again face some of the doubts and fears that first surfaced upon his call to adventure. He may need some time to reflect upon his journey and the treacherous road ahead in order to find the courage to continue. This brief respite helps the audience understand the magnitude of the ordeal that awaits the Hero and escalates the tension in anticipation of his ultimate test.

what is rey's ultimate test that is being foreshadowed in the force awakens?

As far as I see it rey didn't have one and that is what made her a bad character on this archetype.
>>
>>82270199
>which was decent by itself

redditor trying to fit in
>>
>>82282072
he's not a cartoonist retard, he's a member of the lucasfilm story group. they're responsible for establishing what is and isn't canon. he also wrote the visual dictionary for TFA.
>>
>>82282944

Ah, I had him confused with the dude who makes TCW and Rebels. I am always getting those two mixed up. Honest mistake.

His tweet still isn't canon, though, and never will be.
>>
>>82275940

Fuck off with your stupendous wave Mary Sue-apologism, nigger. Chewie's Bowcaster is only lethal from 30m~ away. When he shot Kylo, they were easily 200m~ apart.
>>
>>82282799
The only thing Rey has that "holds" her back is her wanting to go back to Jakku after touching the lightsabre and freaking out after that weird vision so that person who has never come back in almost 20 years will come get her. Even that reason is stupid because why would she care after all this time? She's been on her own for almost 20 years and she still hasn't gotten over this? Fuck, Tom Hanks in Castaway never assumed people would come for him and plans his escape from the island after living there for 4 years. She has all this knowledge and skill and yet when it comes to this she's some naive girl? Sorry Disney, but you can't backtrack your strong independent women who don't need no man to be some naive fool thinking this mystery person will come for them within the same movie.
>>
>>82276060

If that happens, I will personally drive to the director's house and lynch the jew on his front yard. Disney will NOT destroy Star Wars with their pathetic jew miscegenation shit.
>>
>>82266922
The only reason Luke won against Vader was that he tapped into the dark side when Vader taunted him about Leia. The only thing that stopped him was realizing he was about to make the same mistake Vader did when he took his hand. Luke knew he was no match for Vader, and Vader intentionally toyed with him to get him to join. He would never have stood a chance id Vaders intent was to kill him.
>>
>>82283134
How would you feel about Reylo?

I don't work for Disney™ or anything, just a fellow 4channer! ;)
>>
>>82283134
It's better than the platonic, loveless interaction Disney has been pushing in Star Wars. Can't show anything promoting some sort of sexual attraction between characters. That might piss of the people who think it's unrealistic for two characters of the opposite sex to suddenly fall in love with each other throughout a story. But everything that's stupid? Whatever. It's just a movie, right? Even at the end of Rogue One, Jyn and Cassian just hug before being vaporized. For fuck sake, they're about to be wiped off the face of the planet and the only thing they wanna do is just hug in a platonic fashion. Have them fucking kiss! Let them be fucking human and want one last moment of something beautiful before dying. Is kissing that fucking evil in the eyes of Disney?
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.