[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why wasn't Dredd (2012) a success? It looks amazing, a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: Judge_Dredd.jpg (63KB, 680x478px) Image search: [Google]
Judge_Dredd.jpg
63KB, 680x478px
Why wasn't Dredd (2012) a success?

It looks amazing, a decent plot, great action and in general is a pretty badass movie. Yet barely no one watched it and no one is talking about it.
>>
>>82261712
>Yet barely no one watched it and no one is talking about it,
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
File: lawgiver.jpg (1MB, 1548x1074px) Image search: [Google]
lawgiver.jpg
1MB, 1548x1074px
>>82261712
>Why wasn't Dredd (2012) a success?

No marketing.
>>
>>82261712

I think it was bad marketing.

I wish they'd make a sequel, I love the universe. The cinematography was kino/10.
>>
>>82261712
It came out around the same time as The Raid and everybody went to see that instead.
>>
>>82261712
No marketing. It's an exception in being a good movie that's a "remake," of something from the '80s-'90s but nobody knew that before hand so every expected it to be bad.

I think Urban was a perfect Dredd and the characterizations were spot on. I have to say though, the surrounding world was meh. The world from Stallone's Dredd was much more charming while still being a shitty wasteland of urban sprawl.
>>
>>82262282
>everybody went to see that instead.
Good joke.
>>
>>82262244
Only sequel we are going to get are more comics in the Dredd Cinematic Universe.
>>
>>82262318
>>82262244
>>82262147
You'd think that marketing wouldn't matter in a board of film connoisseurs
>>
>>82261712
I never heard about it until I was up late one night browsing netflix :/
>>
>>82261712
If you were older than like 17 you'd remember the daily dredd generals
>>
>>82262318

I just rewatched Dredd (95) and honestly it had the 90's action charm but it was fucking cheesy man.

Demolition Man is much better 90's Stallonecore.
>>
>>82261712
Dredd has been a meme on this board for about 5 years, where the fuck have you been?
>>
>>82261712
Marketing was a catastrophy just like with Edge of Tomorrow.
They unironically markeded it as Dredd 3D like some 3D blu-ray demo you find in the bargain bin for $2.99
>>
>>82262402
Pretty much this. Bummer, really.
>>
>>82262363
It typically doesn't, but it certainly does when it comes to how successful a movie is financially speaking.

>>82262381
No argument there. Demolition Man > Judge Dredd any day of the week. I just felt like the universe and setting in the '95 flick was better than what we got in '12.
>>
File: unhappydredd.jpg (41KB, 346x347px) Image search: [Google]
unhappydredd.jpg
41KB, 346x347px
Don't make the Dredd happy. You won't like him when he's happy!
>>
>>82261712
>It looks amazing
It looked like a webseries, literally Origins: Wolverine tier except the problem was the greenscreen sets.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.