[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tv/ why was american gods such total horseshit why can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

/tv/ why was american gods such total horseshit

why can't anybody adapt neil gaiman for the screen
>>
>>82261565
because comics don't really adapt that well into moving pictures
>>
>>82262212
>comic
Nice bait.
>>
This show was cheesy and bad. Everything Bryan Fuller has done or will ever do is cheesy and bad and mawkish and has terribly overdone, bad foley. Someone please stop him. I regret even trying this. Thank god they pulled him off ST:Discovery.
>>
>>82263310
His shows are the epitome of middlebrow and they all make me want to vomit.
>>
And casting Knockoff Vin Diesel as the lead doesn't help. I've never actually seen a Vin Diesel movie, but I know dumb people like him, and it just makes everything about show that much shittier and dumber.
>>
>>82261565
you rarely can make something good from meh source
>>
>>82261565
The book was shit as well, so honestly no surprise the series sucks.
>>
>>82261565
while watching it I could almost smell the writer's estrogen
>>
>>82263310
I liked him before he started taking himself too seriously. Wonderfalls, Dead Like Me, and Pushing Daisies were the good kind of cheesy.
>>
>>82261565
Because Neil Gaiman is a trash writer and always has been
>Shadow had done three years in prison. He was big enough, and looked don’t-fuck-with-me enough that his biggest problem was killing time. So he kept himself in shape, and taught himself coin tricks, and thought a lot about how much he loved his wife.
How could anybody turn that into a good film or television show? You can't turn pigshit into gold
>>
Did anyone seriously thought it would be good?
>>
>>82266616
This. Hannibal was intriguing for a few episodes, but it got repetitive fast, and the supporting cast was pretty awful outside the two leads. I just got bored and never went back to it.

I don't like this hyper-glossy lighting/visual style he's doing now, either. Everything looks like it's buried under 7 layers of color grading and CG
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.