[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /tv/ i am thinking about starting this show is it still

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6

File: TwinPeaks_openingshotcredits.jpg (69KB, 382x288px) Image search: [Google]
TwinPeaks_openingshotcredits.jpg
69KB, 382x288px
Hey /tv/ i am thinking about starting this show

is it still good or has it aged badly?
>>
>>82259336
I'm gonna start watching as well m8. I haven't seen it before and want to catch up before the new season.
>>
>>82259336
Rewatched it a few weeks ago, I think it's still brilliant. Things that might irritate you:

>Hairstyles
>Over-the-top acting
>Synth music
>Cheesy visual effects (Though I think they mostly aged gracefully, there are exceptions though)

But seriously, watch it, the new HD versions look amazing I think.
>>
File: asssnn.jpg (53KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
asssnn.jpg
53KB, 720x480px
>>82259515
>Synth music

I like good synth scores but damn that sucks if it's a shit one. Thanks anon i'm gonna check it out
>>
No it's kind of the opposite actually. When it originally came out, the first few episodes were recieved well, but then interest fell off a cliff. It wasn't until the early-mid 2000's that it became really popular again, and it's been continuing to gain popularity for over a decade now
>>
>>82259643
>if it's a shit one
it is one of the legendary ones
>>
>>82259515
The hairstyles and clothing are great in this show. James was the only exception
>>
/co/fag here. Does /tv/ do mega links? I've seen streams pop up once in a while, even the audiobook/epub files, but do any of you share episodes?
>>
>>82259643
It's one of the best soundtracks of all time. You'll be fine.

>>82259515
Keep in mind that it was very knowingly a satire on soap operas too. It was supposed to be over the top.
>>
>>82260952
That's why kek blessed us with private trackers
>>
I'm watching it now as well. Four episodes in and all I can think is this feels like a show that if it had come out now it'd be praised as one of the smartest, most interesting shows ever. It's strangely timeless in the best way possible
>>
>>82259336
Unwatchable
>>
>>82262049
why?
>>
>>82262005
It's still regarded as one of the best if not THE best.
The Young Pope hit close though.
>>
It gets old fast
>>
>>82262274
Yo mama gets old fast
>>
File: stupidmemedwarf.gif (975KB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
stupidmemedwarf.gif
975KB, 500x283px
>>82262005

I'm not sure about that. I enjoy the show immensely but, I think some of the tonal whip lash you start to get in the later episode would turn a lot of people off.

though, it is exceptionally quotable which could grab onto meme culture.
>>
It's not very good at all senpai. There's a reason they cancelled it. I went in with an open mind and gave it 6 episodes but they didn't explain a single thing or have anything interesting happen.
>>
nothing to offer outside of empty quirk
>>
When Lynch was involved it was a 10/10
When he wasn't it was a 6/10
>>
>>82259643
>if it's a shit one
ever heard of angelo fucking badalamenti
>>
>>82262005
Utter horseshit. Log off.
>>
>>82260479
and Audrey in the pilot
>>
>>82262380
>le fish in le percolator!
I can see it now and it is painful
>>
>>82260952
I downloaded mine form rarbg, the 30gb one.
It seems fine to me.
>>
>>82263378
Also known as a'character moment' but I guess you're too stupid to get that.
>>
>>82263561
I meant the new show, as it comes out.
>>
File: twin shits.png (305KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
twin shits.png
305KB, 512x384px
>>82259336
Don't do it OP. It's fucking terrible and only retarded hipsters enjoy it because DUDE SO RANDOM LMAO. Don't let /tv/ trick you into wasting your time on this.
>>
I watched up to the dreaded final 12 episodes and had to stop. Everything up until then is great but there is an enormous decline in quality at that point. I'm going to get through it at some point but the plot becomes so cheap feeling it's hard to watch.
>>
>>82264761
gr8 b8 m8 10/10
>>
>>82265260
if this isn't bait just watch it and skip the james bits

the shittiness is more than made up for by the last episode but it'd cheapen the experience too much if you just jumped right to the lodge
>>
>>82265326
It's not a b8, m8. I meant every word. It's a terrible hipster le so quirky xD show. Literally r*ddit.
>>
>>82260479
james is one of the worst character
>>
>everyone talks about how fire walk with me was misunderstood on release
>it was critically panned because everyone was expecting quirky light hearted soap opera stuff punctuated by lynchian horror
>apparently it was just straight up dark dark horrifying shit for 2 hours with no light hearted stuff
>/tv/ hypes it up like crazy, oh man, brace yourself, you're not ready for this dark terrifying shit, it's so depressing man, brace yourself, it's gonna get fucking dark
>finally watch it for the first time last night
>it's a generic film with barely any lynchian shit
Dumb faggots.
>>
>>82266749
>FWWM
>generic film

wew. just crawl back into your little cubby hole, kid. art isn't for you.
>>
is it episodic or does the series/season have its own story arc?
>>
>>82266749
>/tv/ hypes it up like crazy, oh man, brace yourself, you're not ready for this dark terrifying shit, it's so depressing man, brace yourself, it's gonna get fucking dark
Hype destroys enjoyment. Anything's gonna look like shit if you build it up like that, it's just a movie
>>
File: IMG_6358.jpg (131KB, 750x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6358.jpg
131KB, 750x1024px
>>82259336
So, how did the fish get in the percolator?
>>
>>82265433
>It's a terrible hipster le so quirky xD show. Literally r*ddit.
This is an opinion that demands to be taken seriously
>>
>>82262248
my nigga. I watched The Young Pope again and I really have to say it's in a league of its own. I love Twin Peaks, but the quality varies by episode and despite being admirably bizarre/visionary overall, it's still got "network notes" all over it.

Having one single great director for a whole series, with creative control, is something else entirely. Sorrentino really outdid himself with The Young Pope and made something that felt like a step forward for the whole medium of television
>>
>>82259336
Anime comment coming through, Twin Peaks reminds me strongly of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni which is a great series
>>
>>82266805
>>82266857
Go back to playing with your little pee pees.
>>
>>82266829
From the beginning to about halfway through the second season, the focus is on the murder of Laura Palmer. After that, it's a mess until the last few episodes.
>>
>>82267066
>types the Japanese title in Western characters in the middle of an English sentence, in a thread where everyone is speaking English
just delete yourself
>>
>>82266829
Well there's the central mystery that drives things from the beginning, but as the series progresses its clearly more about the characters. As has been said, think "soap opera" because that's what you're in for. Each character has a personal arc that weaves into others, sometimes having to do with the main mystery, sometimes completely separate and its own thing.
>>
>>82266829
It's not episodic, it would make no sense unless you watched the episodes in order, from the beginning
>>
>>82267185
ひぐらしのなく頃に

Happy, chad?
>>
>>82259336
It's worth it for the qt grills alone
>>
>>82267234
自分を殺して
>>
>>82259336
It's meant to take place in a small town in 1989, so don't expect a lot of excitement to happen that isn't revolved around murder, secret affairs, or interdimensional spirits.
>>
>>82267307
kys nip cunt
>>
>>82259336
Comfy af. I wish I could live in Twin Peaks in the past. This century sucks ass.
>>
As others have said, it does have a timeless feel to it. There are plot points and arcs that fall flat (mostly in s2) but the ones that hit, hit perfectly.

Fantastic atmosphere, cast, and intrigue. Very comfy and would recommend.
>>
I've watched episode 1, 2, the last part of episode 5 and the end of Fire Walk with Me. Where do I go from here?
>>
>>82268877
r*ddit
>>
>>82259336
it's pretty much a soap opera, but good.
>>
>>82266890
Andrew Packard put it there to fuck with Pete.
>>
File: ITSHIM.jpg (239KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ITSHIM.jpg
239KB, 1920x1080px
>>82266749
Wow, you posted this again, huh? You think "generic" is some worthy critique to keep going?
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.