[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I the only one who thinks shows like Rick and Morty and Bojack

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: tumblr_o7hco0reiZ1r8ptvvo1_500.jpg (55KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o7hco0reiZ1r8ptvvo1_500.jpg
55KB, 500x500px
Am I the only one who thinks shows like Rick and Morty and Bojack Horseman suck? It's like all you gotta do is make the main character a depressed, self-destructive alcoholic and make the premise of the show about how bad they screw up and how everything blows, but be sure to pepper in plenty of pop culture or science references so people will think you're making deep commentary about society or your show is for smart people, and set it in some weird setting like a world where animals are people or there's a bunch of dimensions or whatever and boom, you have a hit 2010's adult cartoon. I don't want to watch season after season of a nihilistic circle jerk of cyncism with all kinds of people praising it like it's gold because its deep and they say it's deep and funny because "braaap life is meaningless morty braaap poopoo peepee" y'know?
>>
>>82248726
Not at all. There are millions of retards and faggots out there just like you.
>>
jesus watch something else then and leave
>>
>>82248726
Yes, you are literally the only person in the world who thinks this.

You are all alone.
>>
>>82248726
I liked your post, very well!
>>
As a general plot device it works well for modern audiences but when it becomes to main focus of either the show or the fans it quickly becomes irritating and self aggrandizing which in turn makes it just more generic pop culture trendy shit that normies love to reference in order to pretend they are funny and unique individuals.

Just look at the parking lot.
>>
>rick
>screw up
>>
>>82248726

Please don't link these two shows.
>>
You're as bad as the people that give these shows constant praise.

I think a majority fall in the middle, where they can enjoy it without being autistic. Sorry that didn't work out for you.
>>
>>82248726
Congrats, you have some of the most generic opinions out there.
>>
Thread upvoted.
>>
Umm sweetie, Rick and Morty is actually very deep. Looks like the show went over your head because you couldn't appreciate some of the more subtle humor like Pickle Rick.

The joke is that people aren't usually pickles but a Drumpf voter like you couldn't figure this out,
>>
File: L4QT18O1QP02KVV.jpg (18KB, 398x284px) Image search: [Google]
L4QT18O1QP02KVV.jpg
18KB, 398x284px
>>82248726
aw gee were just tryin not to make saccharin tvs shows. honest.
>>
>>82248726
>Bojack Horseman
such cancer
>>
*punches you in the back of the fucking head as hard as I can*
>>
>>82248726
Who's telling people the show is deep? It's only meant to be stupid and funny, they clearly just get drunk and bounce lines off each other
>>
>>82248726

F is for Family might not be the best animation, but it was fun and heartfelt.
>>
>>82248726
I guess you just have shit tastes. Please do us all a favor and kill yourself so that we don't catch your shit tastes. Nobody likes people with shit tastes. Like you.
>>
>>82249494
True with Rick and Morty but Bojack really tries hard to be deep and it only sometimes works, seriously just gets worse
>>
>>82248726
u are not alone senpai. rick and morky sucks ass
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.