[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you expect from Avatar 2 and the rest of the Avatar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Avatar2logo.jpg (50KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
50KB, 720x720px
What do you expect from Avatar 2 and the rest of the Avatar sequels?

http://www.strawpoll.me/12869025
>>
>>82245634

Better stories since they have the Dawn of the Planet of the Apes screenwriters.
>>
>>82245634
A financial and critical disappointment because Avatar's sole selling point was being a 3D movie before movie going audiences soured on it and the fad ended.
>>
>>82245634
a better movie and I don't mean that in a negatively to cameron. He's made two sequels that were top notch, and he has some good writers with him this time. I have no doubt that he's gonna revolutionize the effects again and great worldbuilding.
>>
>>82245634
Avatar 2 will blow audiences away on a technical level and beat the first one at the box office. I think it will be a much better film than the first as well.

The other sequels will not match the success of the first but they will be nowhere close to "bombs" or "flops."
>>
File: 1493240886290.jpg (61KB, 640x321px) Image search: [Google]
1493240886290.jpg
61KB, 640x321px
>>82245634
I hope the go deeper into the symbiosis with the tree and the idea of an organic network running through the cosmos. However, I hope Cameron avoids the heavy handed American Indian/Vietnam War references this time and keeps the "dude environment" from getting too far out of hand. This could be his opus or it could drown him.
>>
>>82245634
Well the story aspect is something no one should expect. Honestly Im just hoping that its a better tech demo than 1.
>>
i honestly have great expectations and will see this opening night. i don't understand the hate for the first movie at all
>>
It will be a better movie than the first, however while I won't say it will bomb, I do believe it will dramatically under perform.
>>
but will you be going to the theme park?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqBnmpsIFrU
>>
>>82246214
>dramatically under perform
not going to happen. never bet against james camerons ability to be a money magnet. also he will have 5 film releases since he's making them all at once
>>
>>82246081
>I hope the go deeper into the symbiosis with the tree and the idea of an organic network running through the cosmos. However, I hope Cameron avoids the heavy handed American Indian/Vietnam War references this time and keeps the "dude environment" from getting too far out of hand
This. Cameron has unironically created a super immersive sci fi universe with the potential to rival Star Wars in scope and far surpass it in quality and be far more immersive. I just hope he has the balls to really explore the world and race he created instead of just rehashing the fairly generic themes from the first and finding a new way to btfo humans every movie.
>>
>>82246214
Doubt that. Remember the first one had nothing going on for it other than the tech gimmick and it made a fuckload. Our local IMAX had it playing even a year after release since it was so popular. 2 will also have some sort of gimmick we dont know yet.
>>
>>82246297
if you watch the extras on the avatar bluray that's pretty much his goal to do that. then again after avatar and titanic he could go full george lucas since no one can ever question him again
>>
>>82246405
I feel like Cameron is too competent to ever go full Lucas. Just comparing the two talk makes it clear that Cameron knows his stuff while Lucas is barely functional.
>>
>>82246405

No one questions him now. Cameron doesn't need a team. He just needs people to shut the fuck up and assist in the execution of his genius.
>>
Honestly don't know why they're making more of this horrid thing. If it was 3, maybe 4 years after the release then sure why not. But it's been so long no one will care. It's been out of the lexicon for too long.
>>
File: 1491233936123.jpg (66KB, 500x509px) Image search: [Google]
1491233936123.jpg
66KB, 500x509px
>>82245634
>yet another shill thread
>>
>>82246534
hopefully you're right. a better comparison may be the Wachowskis siblings who seem to have lost touch with making something for an audience
>>
>>82247643
you're acting like the first movie is dated when it hasn't aged a day since it was release. it legitimately looks better than movies that have come out in ((current year))
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.