[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have anti smoking commercials actually helped to reduce the number

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 147
Thread images: 10

File: SMOKE-jumbo[1].jpg (58KB, 1024x601px) Image search: [Google]
SMOKE-jumbo[1].jpg
58KB, 1024x601px
Have anti smoking commercials actually helped to reduce the number of teens attempting to smoke cigarettes or has reverse psychology set in and actually got more teens to try it?
>>
>>82206216
Have you ever heard of this amazing thing called google?
>>
>>82206216
Not sure but when they tried to use meme to promote anti smoking crap. I kinda wanted to buy a pack out of pure spite.
>>
>>82206216
I'm sure those hip "meme" commercials that Truth put out made some people try cigarettes out of spite
>>
>>82206216
While the percentage of teens smoking is down, I don't think the ads have anything to do with it. I think the decrease in adults smoking, more information about the negative effects of smoking, and smoking not being portrayed as such a cool thing to do anymore are why it's down.

The ads probably don't really effect teens one way or the other
>>
>>82206216
lately i've been seing ones about how 'big tobacco' is targeting minorities and is 'advertising' in black neighborhoods, and near schools
it pisses me off because they legally can't advertise in public, a sign in the window of a gas station that says 'Newports $3.99 a pack' isn't a fucking ad
>>
>>82206216
i don't give a shit, i'll keep smoking
>>
>>82206511

The ads are part of the "information about the negative effects of smoking, and smoking not being portrayed as such a cool thing to do"

It's not that effective on it's own, but combined with everything else, smoking is down in a lot of countries

So it's working, how much is down to government efforts is up for debate
>>
>>82206216

far less people smoke now, but I think the leading cause is it's not socially acceptable anymore, people don't want to do it or even be around other people doing it so smokers feel ostracized, rather than listening to faggy government shilling
>>
>>82206216
I remember reading a study where they found that anti smoking ads actually stimulated the craving part of the brain when smokers saw them. I think its because anti smoking ads are already on cigarettes and it reminds them of their craving. They did brain scans with a MRI while showing them different images regarding smoking (forgive me for medical inaccuracies.)

Whether they prevent people from trying? I have no data on that, but I imagine environmental factors are the biggest contributor. Physically abusive parents, smoking parents, "cool" factor...
>>
>>82206545
Yeah it really just comes down to the fact that there are more liquor stores in lower income/ minority neighborhoods
>>
>>82206267

Smoking is for poor people.
>>
>>82206216
the best way to reduce the number of teen smokers is to grow up with a chain smoking parent

I learned early that is not worth it to feel like I'm calm when I really am not

cheaper and better alternatives
>>
>>82206511
the singe biggest factor is probably the money desu
>>
>>82206706
redpilled people*
>>
>>82206719
This is why I never tried it. Every poor person I know smokes, drinks a lot too.
>>
no teens are inherently stupid since they have no concept of time and change they think nothing bad can happen to them since nothing bad has happened to them so far. everything seems to have always been the way it is right now and will continue to be until it doesn't of course.
>>
>>82206216
teen smoking rates are actually down but vaping is up, hard to say
>>
>>82206788
i meant the increase in price specifically. that's why people quit. here the price has doubled over the last ten years.

fucking gubmint stop slapping taxes on my fags ree
>>
>>82206632
Anti smoking ads look dumb as fuck to kids and teenagers. The reason less people smoke is that their parents really aren't doing it any more and smoking is now more thought of as something low class people do. It isn't "cool" to smoke any more for most people.
>>
>>82206973
it's because we've arrived in the age of hyperindividualism and FITNESS as a key LIFESTYLE ELEMENT. the key is the shaming of any and all unhealthy behaviour even though it's literally noone else's goddam business unless youre a fat woman then all is fine

this is the age of vegan smoothies and veggie burger options at McDonald's and people installing 20 different fitness and planner apps on their phone which they never fucking use but it makes them less ashamed.

smoking is similarily prevalent with low and high class people.
>>
>>82207179
>smoking is similarily prevalent with low and high class people.
That's just not true.

And I don't see what's wrong about healthy lifestyles being promoted over unhealthy ones. You don't need to buy into kale and expensive diets to be healthier. And it's not like shaming people for being unhealthy is a new thing, people have been getting made fun of for being fat forever.
>>
Smoking for the current generation is low class . Whatever social engineering is being done is working fine. I like smoking, but I'm to vain and health conscious to smell bad, have yellow teeth and fucked lungs.
>>
I think smoking is fading out mainly because:
It's expensive
You can't smoke everywhere like it used to be in the past.
Smoking is getting less and less advertising. Smoking is strongly discouraged by policy makers. Ten years ago it was way more common to watch commercials and smoking was commonly shown in movies. Today it's not the case. Can't offer citations, so you are welcome if you want to give me shit. It just my exp.
>>
>>82206871
10.27 for my fucking kools the other day.

switched back to bnm's
>>
File: disturbing-anti-smoking-ad.jpg (368KB, 800x1131px) Image search: [Google]
disturbing-anti-smoking-ad.jpg
368KB, 800x1131px
These were the first "Truth" ads I remember, they freaked me out when I was a kid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0fJyeW3v4o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2l2uHcK4pDQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV48VY0jzsw

At least they were physically trying instead of the meme ads of current day...
>>
>>82206216
The current ones where they blast shitty EDM and try to be "hip" make me crave cigs.
>>
Left Swipe Dat
>>
>>82209213
also I cannot forget this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80W66vI9jNc
>>
>>82206719
THIS

Holy fuck I wish the cost what they do now as a teenager, I would have just stuck to pot
>>
>>82206286
this and I stopped smoking long ago, I am gonna pass that shit out to kids fuck you
>>
>tfw genetically immune to nicotine addiction

Feels good man.

Fuck you genetically inferior subhumans.
>>
>>82209213
>that perspective
>can't even draw a cylinder right

hire a real artist next time
>>
>>82207923
That's fair I feel Vaping will become the big replacement. As long as they get the whole exploding battery thing figured out I think it will take off.
>>
Around 2008-2010 people at my school were spending $10-15 on packs. Many people switched to these terrible Marlboro 54s or something because they were "only" $6.00. People just adjusted to awful cigarettes when the mainstay brands prices got too high. Pack a day people.
>>
Literally the only reason people have stopped smoking is it's too expensive. I'm sinking almost 100 bucks a week into the fucking things at this poiint

I'd like to switch to vaping but it just isn't the same from what I've tried. I need that burn at the back of my throat more than anything else and vaping doesn't do that.

Plus the whole vaping thing seems like a giant meme
>>
>>82209575
Plus the popcorn lung, no thanks
>>
>>82206216
Honestly go out for a smoke nearly every time these ads show up.

I know what's ahead of me, and I know I will hike far into a far away forest, and shoot myself in the head with a 12 gauge.

If ain't lung cancer, it will be liver failure. I'll bet on the latter.
>>
Honestly why does the government care so much about smoking, like holy shit just mind your own business.
>>
LEFT SWIPE DAT
>>
I worked at a tabacco store, but I never smoked. Got some second hand stuff probably. I don't do it because I'm a fat fuck already.
>>
>>82210652
I want you to lose 50 pound by the time you're done reading this post.
>>
>>82210487
Many welfare and disability recipients are chain smokers and/or heavy drinkers that easily burn through at least $100-$300 to fuel their habit each month. I'm assuming the government wants people to kick their habit to save the taxpayers some money
>>
>>82210842
How about don't give all that money to people on welfare,or do checks to make sure they spend it on essentials.
>>
>>82210652
>second hand stuff
That's a myth.
>>
Just dip now instead of smoking, started cycling and really couldn't do it while smoking. Dip is great though, it's kinda the same habit as have to have it first thing with coffee, at work, and after eating. Still cheaper too
>>
I can never figure out how poor people can afford to be smokers/alcoholics. I'm middle class and sinking that much money into a habit seems completely insane. Don't poor people need to eat? Or do they survive alright but could be much better off/get themselves out of poverty if they weren't smokers or drinkers?
>>
These types of ads are called "fear appeals" and they are proved not to work.
Recipients of the message simply do not believe that the person in the ad is them, because they do not identify or want to identify with grotesque shit. Same with the diseased lung on the packaging. People just rip the ad off.
t. PhD in health campaigns (almost got my degree)
>>
>>82209213
These were kino
>>
>>82209213
Do you guys remember that they used to put these ads on the ps1 demos?
>>
I pretty much don't know anyone who still smokes
>>
>>82211284
This
>>
>>82206684
>I remember reading a study where they found that anti smoking ads actually stimulated the craving part of the brain when smokers saw them.
i buy that. had to light one up while reading this thread kek
>>
>>82206308
That was honestly the second biggest factor that got me smoking. I needed to get back at all those obnoxious commercials somehow. AND I SURE SHOWED THEM
>>
>>82209575
>I'm sinking almost 100 bucks a week into the fucking things at this poiint
i buy mine from an indian reserve. 8 bucks for a bag of 200. costs 40 bucks a month. feels good man
>>
>>82206267

Fuck off.

>>82206216

I can remember taking up smoking circa 2004 for various reasons. A background reason was a weird, opaque, PC anti-smoking campaign which was being plastered around the college campus, and so I felt obliged to stick it to the man by smoking. a pack cost 3bux, less than 15 years ago, when I'd started. For various other reasons, I managed to quit in 2011, despite being quite addicted.

Anti smoking commercials and such only serve to embolden smoking, in my view. The muppet in the OP is no caution to me, I've worked with some lovely skeletons who smoked. The other thing going on here is a vanity that you won't die. Yes, you will. If you choose to while away the time with a smoke, god bless you. I just had to quit, that's all.

thank you for smoking.
>>
>>82206216
Everyone I know who smokes hasn't been affected by these ads at all, they just think the anti-smoking ads are gross and don't even associate them with smoking.
>>
>it's an addicts can't accept their shortcomings so they blame the television episode
>>
>>82209575

With a good box mod and tank you can get any variety or hit type you like, yes, a burn as well.

It's a fucking shitton cheaper too if you're a heavy, heavy smoker. (Nicotine is a hell of a drug.)
>>
>>82206286
what a surprising opinion for /tv/ to have
>>
File: 1484620979134.gif (36KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1484620979134.gif
36KB, 720x720px
Why do people start smoking?
>>
>>82212642
Most people start smoking during their teens and the two most commons reasons are
1. Their friends are doing it
2. To relieve stress
>>
>>82212722
3. out of weed and gotta smoke something
>>
>>82212722
>2. To relieve stress

That's absolutely retarded. It only relieves stress after you're addicted to it and the stress itself is cause by the addiction. Kids are dumb
>>
>>82211284
Proof? Didn't think so.
>>
>>82206286
There's a theory since that since tobacco companies are forced to fund anti-smoking campaigns that have the meme lol we're young and hip were elaborate psy-ops conducted by big tobacco to get people smoking out of spite
>>
>>82206216
Some friends of mine have kids and whenever some of the ads we get came on, they'd run out of the room horrified; their mum would tell them when it was ok to come back in.

I doubt they'll smoke lmao
>>
>>82212758
>Kids are dumb
well that goes without saying
>>
>>82212758

No, nicotine is calming even if you're not chemically addicted.
>>
GOOD FEELS MOVIE ON
EVERYBODY HAPPY
commercial break

THIS SHIT

Uuh...where's the remote....
Damn that pizza is good

FUCK OFF
>>
I very rarely see kids getting into smoking nicotine these days, though the faggy vaping is making a hit.

For the most part I think it's universally known what smoking does to you, and the only people starting it are too dumb to live.
>>
File: o-DEBI-AUSTIN-facebook.jpg (87KB, 1536x950px) Image search: [Google]
o-DEBI-AUSTIN-facebook.jpg
87KB, 1536x950px
Help me find the video I'm looking for. It was a parody/skit of the famous smoker. I feel like it was from MadTV. The lady went from smoking through her throat to playing a trumpet for some kids. Then she ate some food and it came processed through her throat. It was hilarious. Anyone else remember?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyXFN4ocN_o
THIS IS YOUR BRAIN ON DRUGS
>>
>>82206216
fun fact big tobacco is the secret force behind all the recent pushes to make week legal everywhere because they know they are best set up for mass production and that just like with tobacco they will be able to easily reap 20-30 years of profits from it before people start to realize it's just as bad for you as smoking tobacco was.
>>
>>82206308
>Don't smoke, it'll ruin your health and kill you
>Fuck you. In fact, you know what, I'll start smoking and slowly poison my body with that crap just to show you off!

Americans really are idiots.
>>
>>82212612
lol'd
>>
File: image.jpg (181KB, 750x575px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
181KB, 750x575px
How to smoke:
>>
>>82212722
>2. To relieve stress
While technically correct, that is certainly not important enough to even list. I'd say it's more like
1. Peer pressure
2. They think it looks cool and all grown-up

Actually, I know many smokers who have weirdly affected ways of smoking to emphasize whatever they think looks cool about it. Running through the building on their way out with the cigarette in their mouths, looking all serious, playing around with their zippo, tucking up the collars of their jackets to look a little more like Camus. Yeah, I think it's mostly about that for many people, the sheer appearance of smoking. Being that deep, mysterious guy enjoying the one thing nobody understands. It's retarded, but I think it's true. That's also why so man men and so few women smoke. Women just don't give a fuck about an image like that.
>>
>>82213660
You haven't seen these commercials mane.
Also
>fuck_having_laws_and_borders_and_shit_in_yurop.jpg.
>>
best anti-smoking ad coming through
my two-pack-a-day-for-30-years old man loved it to no end
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuh2w2sFRMI
>>
I didn't get smoking at all until my mid 20s when it became obvious dying sooner
>>
>>82213660
It's actually super funny to see tobacco ads these days. Literally all they can advertise is:
>You are a little like this tough guy when you smoke.
>Being a smoker always gives you a reason to get out, where you can maybe talk to this attractive woman.

It's amazing to think that there are people retarded enough to buy that shit.
>>
>>82214154
Did say more women
>>
>>82214204
>8.5 million americans living with smoke-related diseases
>300 million americans living at that time

I like those odds.
>>
>>82214236
To be fair the latter is accurate. Smoking is time unordered ma
>>
>>82214236
>he lives in a country where it is legal for tobacco companies to disseminate positive advertisements

lmao, how did you even find a device with a working internet connection in your 3rd world hellhole to submit this post?
>>
>>82214265
Nah, less, way less.
>>
>>82206216
Someone give her the JUST haircut

JUUUUST
>>
>>82214336
I live in Germany
>>
Actually working in the service industry is why I started smoking...and drinking to excess..and doing coke.>>82206511
>>
Am I the only white guy who smokes swisher sweets like a nigger?
>>
File: con-air-1280djpg-0d2359_1280w.jpg (81KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
con-air-1280djpg-0d2359_1280w.jpg
81KB, 1280x720px
>tfw 1 month free of cigarettes
>>
>>82214154
>Women are less prone to using pointless activities as an excuse to practice attention-seeking behavior than men
>women are, as a rule, less narcissistic and less concerned with their public image than men
>there are very few women who smoke because of this
This person is literally 13 years old.
>>
>>82214372
>>82214336

I guess they don't have any problems with people inhaling toxic gas
>>
>>82214458
I'm sorry that I triggered your compulsive misogyny, but I wasn't even saying any of this, I was just saying that the image smoking conveys is not really appealing to women.
>>
>>82214372
oof. Does children's programming have beer adverts promising casual sex during the commercial break as well?
>>
>>82214664
I don't watch television, but iirc there were beer commercials, but usually they were a little more dignified, usually focusing mostly on the taste of the beer.
>>
>>82214585
You suggested that it's a fact that very few women smoke, and then justified that belief by arguing the primary attraction to using tobacco for most smokers is that they can cultivate a 'brooding and mysterious' image.

You're either an underage virgin who is really into straight edge culture, or autistic.

I guarantee that the primary motivation formost smokers in your country, male or female, is not 'looking cool'.
>>
>>82214899
Maybe not the primary motivation to continue smoking (which is obviously plain old addiction), certainly for starting smoking though. You are a smoker yourself, right? Typical to deny the embarrassing parts about your habit.
>>
>>82214962
I didn't start smoking until I was of legal age to buy cigarettes, years after most of my peers, and I picked up the habit because of the pleasurable sensation nicotine causes in conjunction with other drugs and alcohol. They are also so dirt cheap where I live that financial restriction on maintaining the habit doesn't really exist.

By the time I started the majority girls my age had already at least tried smoking, and most of them continue to smoke today.

Particularly immature kids who have Refn-tier fantasies about how smoking makes them look existed, but they are a small minority and most grew up and dropped the habit very quickly afterwards.

My only point here is that (in my country) your experience of what is 'typical' for smokers is a perspective that only a young teenager whose attention is narrowly trained on their peers can have.
>>
Not really I mean where I live this shits on TV all the time and I see kids vaping all the time
>>
>>82215648
Vaping is harmless.
>>
they make me want to smoke more. every time i see one of those commercials i need to light up.
>>
Smoking is for tryhard faggots.
>>
>>82206689
>>82206545
>targeting high population areas is racist
>>
>>82215267
No, you started smoking in the first place to try and fit in and pretend to be cool like the normie faggot you are.

Same goes for other drugs and alcohol
>>
I love how these faggots who make a career out of doing literally nothing try to justify their existence. They will say "durr 70% of teens saw at least one commercial so young people got the message". Yea because the real at risk youth are the ones watching cable television and using QR codes to download cool and hip anti smoking games. I'm sure the kid stuck in poverty and living in rural Louisiana is really moved by those "LOL MEMES AMIRITE?" ads. Millions of dollars that could have been put towards cancer reaserch or medical aid for smokers who lived in the times when companies lied about the side affects. Nope, better employ some faggot marketing major and then take credit for a phenomenon that would happen regardless. Neoliberal SJW cancer of society I just want to slit their throats ISIS style.
>>
smoking is down because everyone is on drugs now
>>
daily reminder japs are some of the heaviest smokers in the world and also have among the highest average life spans in the world
>>
All I know is, I started smoking Lucky Strike/Camel because of Mad Men.

But for some reason I'm not "addicted" yet, even though it's been a couple years of smoking. I never feel the urge to smoke a cigarette, I just do it whenever I want to. Sometimes I go for a month without feeling like having one.
>>
File: IMG_9429.jpg (83KB, 608x430px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9429.jpg
83KB, 608x430px
>>82211701
i'm poor. i smoke reserve cigarettes, costs me around $2.50 a day.

>>82214585
lana del rey made smoking look glamorous again to a lot of girls.
>>
>>82215859
its because they smoke like 5 cigarettes a day max instead of north americans who smoke at least a pack a day. sometimes 3-4. it's the same with french people, they're just better at practicing moderation. oldest woman to ever live smoked 2 cigarettes a day for almost her entire life. she lived to be 122.
>>
>>82214154
There are more female than male smokers though.
>>
On special occasions (last time was in feb for example) I will have a cigar or bust out my old pipe and smoke that. Never tried cigs, never really want to.
>>
>>82216114
Their per capita smoking rate is about 20% higher than the US.
Japs smoke A LOT.
They just exercise frequently and eat well. Smoking, like most bad habits, can be easily managed if you're a responsible adult that manages their health properly. Which americans aren't.
>>
The patrician reason to smoke and drink is to deepen your voice and then quit.
>>
>>82206706
I'm not poor and I smoke. Granted I am self destructive and suicidal but whatevs.
>>
File: embarrased pity.jpg (2MB, 2464x3060px) Image search: [Google]
embarrased pity.jpg
2MB, 2464x3060px
>>82209575
>not getting cigarettes for $4.50 at wawa
>>
>>82215840
At least you know that your straight edge attitude (coincidentally shared by all the 'women' you know and admire) is not the delusional byproduct of having a warped social perspective, but a mark of good character.
>>
I smoke about a pack a fortnight, sometimes I go for weeks without buying a pack. I've been doing this for about two years now, anyone else in a similar situation?
>>
>>82215840
I started drinking because it made me feel like a silly head heavy clown.

I started smoking pot because it completely changed my understanding of spatial reasoning and made art better.

I started doing mushrooms because they changed my understanding of how cognition works.

I started doing acid because it's redpill.jpg irl.

I started doing cocaine when I was drunk at a party or whatever and wanted to continue partying.

I was prescribed xanax because it relieves social anxiety.
>>
as a regular smoker, the practice is obviously indefensible at this point, however there are aspects of smoking which the whole anti-tobacco movement will never understand, and until they do their attempts will be as futile as ever:

-smoking with strangers has the odd effect of breaking down social barriers unlike any other group activity. i've met years-long groups of friends over a cigarette. in a hilarious way, i think our new anti-smoking culture has created an environment where people smoking together instantly feel a certain kind of comradery
-when you're in certain kinds of places, a cigarette is literally perfect. go to some beautiful spot in nature, smoke a cigarette, and tell me that isn't bliss
-the smoking group at parties is almost always the most interesting people there
-the obvious post-coital smoke is still the perfect ending
-if you want to hook up with a girl, there's pretty much no easier in than going out to smoke together

smoking is terrible and doesn't make any sense but also i can't say that parts of it haven't improved my life
>>
i smoke like 2 cigarettes a day. this fucking sucks because you think it's not enough to harm you. you still have a minor addiction and it would be just better to quit. but it's just so nice to have a cigarette when you wake up
>>
>>82217127
all this shit. plus my first jobs where in kitchens so I was pretty much conditioned to associate cigarettes with being a reward for work / a thing to look forward to when while working.
>>
>>82217127

all of your points are literally nonsense
>>
File: confirmed for autism.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
confirmed for autism.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>82217642
>>
>>82217127
you seem to have no social skills and understanding of the good things in live
>>
It's weird, I know more people now who smoke than I did in high school but all of them started when they were like 15. I tried it and it was shit but I have to admit that despite all the "SMOKING ISN'T COOL, KIDS" you see, it actually does look cool as fuck and when you're around people smoking you sort of want one yourself.
>>
>>82217127
Sounds logical for drug addicts to feel a sense of unity when they encounter others with the same problem. I feel like it's not worth it to start ruining my lungs and wasting my money just to experience what you listed though.
>>
>>82213462
Had me going there, 6/10.
>>
>>82206216

the massive price rise has made shitloads of people quit or move to e-cigs, myself included. fucking 30 dollars for a pack of 25 smokes now.
>>
>>82215843
The whole system was a 'compromise' whipped up by the congress as a hasty consolation for the millions of people who were deemed by the courts to have been legitimately injured due to systematic medical malpractices instituted under public policies engineered by lobbyists for the tobacco industry. The tobacco companies were on the verge of facing potentially billions of dollars worth of compensation for large swaths of the population unless the congress enacted a law granting them legal immunity, so they invented a massive bureaucracy for 'regulating' advertisement of dangerous products on the basis of preventing the reemergence of widespread professional malfeasance in the future, at the cost of material compensation for everybody who had already been injured by its manifestation in the medical field.
>>
>>82218243
>>82218114
>>82217642
He's just saying that because of its popularity smoking cigarettes is a very effective social crutch. Its totally arbitrary beyond that basic utility for social acceptance.

What pointless activity do you rely on as non-smokers to overcome these ubiquitous social barriers? Do you actually have an alternative method or is the smug satisfaction of being in better health your compensation for diminished social successes?
>>
>>82218792
>defends a "social crutch"
>accuses others of having diminished social successes
have you already been diagnosed for autism?
>>
>>82218792
>satisfaction of being in better health
wait, is being healthy something bad now? how fat are you?
>>
>>82206511
>>82206671
>it's not socially acceptable anymore
Which is largely attributable to the ban on tobacco advertising paired with aggressive anti-tobacco advertising. Probably not gonna have a direct effect on people who are already smokers but it succeeded in deterring a generation of would-be smokers.
>>
Smoking is good for you, the kikes shilled against it because it was the quintessential white man's industry.

If you don't smoke you're a faggot and tool of the ZOG.
>>
>>82216222
Honestly this. Fast food, soda and not exercises is 1000 times worse for you than smoking.

But McDonalds doesn't have to run ads all the time about how unhealthy their shit is, and display photos of clogged arteries on their wrapping paper.
I've never even smoked a cigarette but I think its fucked all the hoops they have to go through.
>>
>>82218839
>>82218868
>>82218868
Crutchless wonders over here. Shit must be SO cash.
>>
>>82218792
Smart, forward-thinking people don't tend to be so easily persuaded to adopt a physically harmful habit for the sake of 'social acceptance'. It seems like you feel bad about your own drug addiction, so you're desperately grasping at things to justify it. So yes, I definitely feel a smug satisfaction as I revel in the fact that I'm not constrained by a useless drug. I'd rather potentially miss out on socializing with fellow smokers than deal with an addiction, shit-filled lungs and an unhealthy appearance.
>>
>>82206715

Can confirm this.

My mother had been smoking for forty years. A few years ago, I had to move into our common house for some time again. By then she started to develop smoker's hack 24/7. It was incredibly repulsive to see my mother degenerating nad basically killing herself like that.

One day she got pneumonia and almost died, two weeks hospital, artificial respiration, the whole programme.

If you see these things, you will never start smoking.
>>
>>82215849
/thread
>>
>>82206216
Since cigarette companies have to pay to make them maybe they make them bad on purpose to make you buy cigarettes.
>>
>>82206871
I'm on my last pack since the California tax, still have 6 cigs left, smoking only after sex
>>
>>82206216
these commercials and the shriners hospital ones are such massive downers
>>
File: Willem Haenraets2.jpg (203KB, 960x772px) Image search: [Google]
Willem Haenraets2.jpg
203KB, 960x772px
>>82212612

an incisive observation humorously phrased and delivered with impeccable timing
>>
>>82219265
>damage control: the post
Thread posts: 147
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.