[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Penny Dreadful's final season awful or is it just me?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Bip.jpg (57KB, 960x639px) Image search: [Google]
Bip.jpg
57KB, 960x639px
Was Penny Dreadful's final season awful or is it just me?

It started pretty strong but Ethan's jaunt in America ended up being shitty and that spread to the main plot while the various threads of Frankenstein's arc all got resolved anticlimactically. The mediocre ending was just the culmination of an awful plot. However, Patti LuPone was great again.

Why exactly did he have to kill his father? Why did Sir Murray do it?
>>
>>82203448
No, most people thought the finale season was pretty bad.

Honestly everything went to shit after s1.
>>
>>82203448

I don't buy the 3 planned seasons bullshit.

It felt like the entire thing was suppose to keep going but the ratings fucked it so they rushed the end.

Seriously, the Frankensteins monster plot went nowhere.
>>
>>82203513
this to the max.

i watched only for eva anyway. imagine this show without her - it would have been below watchable
>>
>>82203448

It was. S1 was excellent. S2 was pretty. S3 was a sharp fall in awful.

>>82203620

Yeah, no way they wanted to go with 3 seasons. At least I don't think anyone on that team looked at season 3 and thought "yeah, this is just what we wanted to make."
>>
>>82203620
Dorian too. The dude was boring as hell, then disappeared.
>>
>>82203448
i must say the single episode with eva and frankenemo in the asylum chamber was absolute kino,
>>
>>82203724
It was nice when he kicked those whores out of his house though.
>>
File: pdred.png (1MB, 1280x736px) Image search: [Google]
pdred.png
1MB, 1280x736px
>>82203811
"Alright ladies, season's wrapping up and this plotline is going nowhere. Everybody out."
>>
File: bloodborne.jpg (3MB, 2967x4210px) Image search: [Google]
bloodborne.jpg
3MB, 2967x4210px
>>82203724

I had forgotten about Dorian with how shitty his plotline was.

Now That I think about it, maybe he and the monster were suppose to add to the tragedy. You've got these two badasses that are on the periphery of serious shit going on, yet they never become directly involved. So in the end both of them could have helped, but then tragically they never became close enough to join the main crew.

Or I'm just trying to justify a hodgepodge of crap they strung together that amounted to nothing.
>>
>>82204119
The events surrounding Frankenstein and his creatures could easily have been its own show, if it had an aim instead of just being vignettes of varying quality throughout the series.

Frankenstein vs His Creature
Frankenstein vs The Undying Playboy & The Whores o' London
Frankenstein vs Dr. Poo-in-Loo
>>
I stopped watching in S2 when everyone starting going gay.
I hope they all burn.
>>
>>82203759
That's all I remember of the season. The rest is a blue of Ethan in America with some girl.
>>
>>82204243

>Dorian and whores kill some prominent clientele
>inadvertently draws the ire of an Illuminati type group
>they send Jack the Ripper to slaughter the whores by night
>Frank and his monster get draw into the conflict while treating a whore who survives

This shit writes itself.
>>
>>82203448
No, it was pretty awful.

But at least it was an ending. And I liked some aspects of season 3, even if as a whole it's a trainwreck.
>>
why is miss ives literally poochie?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.