[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hated the dead girl in this show so much, Is that intentional?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (16KB, 182x268px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16KB, 182x268px
I hated the dead girl in this show so much, Is that intentional?

Because the show feels like it wants you to feel sympathy for her, but I don't, she treats everyone like shit and acts like her problems are the only ones that matter and nobody has it as bad as her.
>>
You are supposed to feel bad for every lead character in the show more than her (except for Bryce). The tapes are horribly mentally damaging to everyone who listens to them and ultimately ruins multiple lives. It's sad that she's mentally unstable and didn't get help, but the real tragedy is with the people on the tape having to feel guilty for something that wasn't really their fault (except for Bryce)
>>
I saw around the first 30 min of the first episode. It was alright, should i watch the whole thing?

Im really looking for something really dark and depressing to watch..
>>
>>82195201
Go for it. It's fairly solid and has a good dosage of fairly heavy stuff in it.
>>
File: 13reasons.jpg (88KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
13reasons.jpg
88KB, 1366x768px
>>82194532
Is it just me or is she getting thiccer as the seasons progresses?
>>
>>82194532
>tfw just watched ep 11 and cried my eyes out her tape

I'm not finished yet but so far I don't think you're supposed to blame or feel sympathy for her. We get to see the situation from multiple perspectives, so it's clear her view is just her own and not everyone else's. They did literally say it's her own truth at one point.
>>
>>82197318
What's so sad about that ep? The only time I teared up a bit was in the last episode.
>>
>>82197943
That last episode with her parents finding her after her suicide was heartbreaking.
>>
>>82198039
Yeah, exactly that scene. Also, her suicide scene was extremely well made. I don't know a lot about production, but that seemed realistic as fuck.
>>
>>82195201
If you want something dark this won't cut it. It deals with heavy shit (suicide, rape, drug addiction, teen angst etc.) But it never really does anything remotely new. It draws up these horrific situations to put characters in but you don't really care because none of the characters feel or act like people.
It's not a groundbreaking series about modern teenagers and depression, it's just another high school melodrama with a darker shade of paint splashed on.
>>
>>82198110
facts
>>
File: aCu5j8si.jpg (42KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
aCu5j8si.jpg
42KB, 400x400px
>>82194532
>tfw teared up at the school dance episode

Little too close to home man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtlgYxa6BMU
>>
>>82194532
The biigest fail of the show is that we never get to feel real empathy for Hannah.
She is arrogant yet stupid. The worst things that happen to her is because her own arrogance that blinds her to reality. I mean, she saw a guy raping one of her friends yet she didnt do anything to stop the rape, yet she is dumb enough to get herself alone with the rapist knowing well enough what he was capable of doing. How stupid can you get?

I felt bad for Clay since he could have reached out to Hannah and stop her from killing herself yet he was too confused to act.

The fact that Hannah killed herself and left a box of tapes enlisting the grievances of her friends that made her kill herself was a shit move. She shifted the blame on them instead of owning up her own mistakes. That was a shitty thing to do on other people
>>
>>82200469
I mean, it's a series about teenagers directed mostly to a teenager audience. Teenagers are dumb.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.