[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did I just watch? Most scenes seemed unrelated to one another.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 0 L7Hz0slTgkIhXEtg.png (367KB, 640x379px) Image search: [Google]
0 L7Hz0slTgkIhXEtg.png
367KB, 640x379px
What did I just watch? Most scenes seemed unrelated to one another. Why did it start with a kid doing some kind of therapy? Why was there a fucking ghost? What was the point of the scene in the printshop?
>>
Is this Offret? I havent seen it, im a Bergman guy.
Nevertheless, BUMP, because /tv/ has sunk in incredible depths
>>
all i got from the film that it was some guy with mommy issues reliving his life or something.
>>
>>82185158
It's a somewhat autobiographical movie with Tarkovsky and his mother playing central roles. It's fragmented because it's about defining moments in each person's life (the print shop trashing for the mother, the military school prank for the child, etc)
>>
>>82186102
it's about russia, not a personal film for him but a love letter for his country
his personal film is nostalghia
>>
>>82186306
>his personal film is nostalghia
Wait really? I thought that was more about his spirituality.
>>
>>82186306
Nostalghia is about him defecting to Italy and leaving his son and his own country
>>
I watched this film and i got absolutely nothing out of it. It's beautiful but i don't feel anything.
>>
>>82186740
I felt boredom.
>>
>>82185158
You should not manually overanalyze every Tarkovsky narrative, there is no universal singular answer that you should "get".

They are more like experiences with themes about time, dreams and spirituality.
Try again a year or two later and just try to experience it.
>>
>>82186740
I think the scene where his mother gets trashed at the print shop just for trying to do the right thing was fucking amazing.
>>
>>82186336
he even said it was his most personal film in an interview, i can't find it
>>
>>82186785
I have never been bored by a film. And i mean that. I watched satantango without a break and never felt bored or uninterested for a second.

I am actually very annoyed by the fact that i can't appreciate tarkovsky's films.
>>
>>82186902
You know that you don’t have to like or enjoy every critically acclaimed film?
It's called having a taste.

Only if you start claiming that it's a dogshit movie just because you didn’t like it alone, then you're a massive plebeian.
>>
When I watch this movie I completely forgot everything the moment it ended. It was like I could watch the movie again and it would be like watching it for the first time, it was the only time that happened to me.
>>
>>82187113
Same, and I liked Tarkovsky's other films
>>
This helps
https://youtu.be/ak6rI-j07QU
>>
>>82187000
Yes i know. I have now accepted that tarkovsky isn't for me. I see and understand why other people like him but i don't.
>>
>>82185158
People watch Tarkovsky films because of the visual narrative, not the written narrative (which is practically nonexistant)
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.