[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this man so stuck emotionally? You can see it in his interviews,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

File: 139924-george-lucas.jpg (241KB, 950x1295px) Image search: [Google]
139924-george-lucas.jpg
241KB, 950x1295px
Why is this man so stuck emotionally?
You can see it in his interviews, he talks feels but he doesn't show anything. Like a poker face. And of course you can see it in his writing when characters feel stuff.
>>
>>82161637
decades of being revered compounded with decades of being hated. he doesn't like the public much anymore.

he's actually really normal when he's in his element. watch any of the Star Wars prequel behind the scenes footage. he's a chill dude.
>>
>>82161637
he's just smug, look at the pic, it has smug written all over it.
I'd be too if I was George Lucas.
>>
>>82161637
I watched THX 1488 and was surprised by the maturity, wish he did more sci-fi like it if that's what he likes, he has the money, fruck star wars
>>
>>82161637
He is a talented man who made serious mistakes with his former flagship franchise and now spiteful people want to credit other people for all his accomplishments. He was never a one man show and even in the early days he need others to keep him in line, though to say he is and was always a hack is just plain wrong.
>>
>>82161924
You are right, the making ofs.
>>
Honestly what's George up to these days?
>>
he has autism
>>
File: 1490873806063.jpg (85KB, 711x368px) Image search: [Google]
1490873806063.jpg
85KB, 711x368px
>>82162640
Came to say this.
>>
>>82162599
making love to his black wife and raising his black kids. living the dream.
>>
>>82162599
Making high budget home movies that he watch together with his buddies
>>
>>82161637
>emotional character finds it difficult to express his feelings
It's like poetry.
>>
>>82161924
>he's actually really normal when he's in his element. watch any of the Star Wars prequel behind the scenes footage. he's a chill dude.

he's full of himself while completely overestimating his talent as a director. people respect him because he's the big boss, but on set he mostly earns confused looks when he's talking to the crew.
>>
>>82162785
they barely even talk. the rest of them are constantly making their own movies. and de palma lives in France.
>>
>>82162900
Whait, thats not De Palma on the left is it?
>>
>>82162978
no I'm just referring to the general 70s New Hollywood pack. de palma was one of his closest friends back in the day and lent a direct hand in creating American Graffiti and Star Wars with George.
>>
File: image.jpg (140KB, 600x824px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
140KB, 600x824px
>why can't I hold all these feels?
https://youtu.be/SNF9gy-afW4
>>
>>82163064
huh, I didn't know that, desu De Palma's the best out of all of them, although I like Scorsese's work with De Nero in the 80s he really went down hill since then.
>>
>>82163184
have I found a fellow De Palma fanboy?

he punched up the opening crawl to A New Hope, didn't you know. it was originally too detailed and boring so De Palma de-autismed it. it's a neat fact that few know about.

he also ran auditions for the OG cast and as it was revealed at the latest Celebration he was with George when they first met Harrison, which led to that casting.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Brian_De_Palma
>>
He's a hack that got lucky
>>
File: Femme Fatale.webm (3MB, 1280x718px) Image search: [Google]
Femme Fatale.webm
3MB, 1280x718px
>>82163411
No, I didn't know that. and yes, you found a huge De Palma fanboy That makes sense that he could tone down the autism and make the movie more human.
>>
>>82163411
> De Palma helped cast the movie and rewrote the iconic text in the opening crawl
Wow. What did George do himself without any outside contribution?
>>
>>82164007
every idea he had was filtered through another creative artist in order to realise it on screen.

Hell, even his wife Marcia helped come up with some of the most iconic moments:

>http://www.syfy.co.uk/news/3-ways-which-marcia-lucas-helped-save-star-wars-0

>When Lucas couldn't figure out what to do with Old Ben in the last act of A New Hope, Marcia came to the rescue. As Lucas told Rolling Stone: "I was rewriting, I was struggling with that plot problem when my wife suggested that I kill off Ben, which she thought was a pretty outrageous idea, and I said, 'Well, that is an interesting idea, and I had been thinking about it.' Her first idea was to have Threepio get shot, and I said impossible because I wanted to start and end the film with the robots, I wanted the film to really be about the robots and have the theme be the framework for the rest of the movie. But then the more I thought about Ben getting killed the more I liked the idea."

>"The Death Star trench run was originally scripted entirely different, with Luke having two runs at the exhaust port; Marcia had re-ordered the shots almost from the ground up, trying to build tension lacking in the original scripted sequence, which was why this one was the most complicated. She warned George, 'If the audience doesn't cheer when Han Solo comes in at the last second in the Millennium Falcon to help Luke when he's being chased by Darth Vader, the picture doesn't work.'"

there's a Lucas biography out there that credits more stuff like this to Marcia.

it's kind of insane really how much star wars history is a result of people who aren't George.
>>
>>82164239
I think it's sorta unfair to act as if he didn't do anything and that directors/writers coming to other creatives for help is something only he did.
>>
>>82164351
oh for sure. didn't mean for it to come across that way. but star wars was the result of many chefs in the kitchen. george, of course, had the final word.
>>
>>82161637

He's autistic, not showing emotion when you talk is one of the defining traits.
>>
I saw him on the subway in Chicago once, back in the summer when he was trying to get his museum built on the lake front.

Looked quiet and reserved like most people do on public transportation, but you could tell he was incredibly anxious. Nobody around me seemed to recognize him (mostly black people/latinos because it was a red line headed downtown)

Anyways I think he's probably just incredibly anxious/depressed and on medication for it.
>>
>>82165140
What's the Museum for? Star Wars? Why is he on public transportation when he's like a Billionaire.
>>
>>82165191
>Why is he on public transportation when he's like a Billionaire.
because he's given up on life
>>
>>82162878
shut the fuck up kid, you think you're the first person ever to hold that opinion? there's a million more jerkoffs like yourself trying to tear down a great man. you're dirt.
>>
>>82165314
>tv saying "Good Better REST"
It's like pottery, he needs to go back to making normal movies that have nothing to do with Star Wars. It's his creation and his curse.
>>
>>82165314
>>82165140
>because he's given up on life
Huh? No, it's not. Some people are just thrifty like that. Warren Buffet wold be the best example of this.
>>
>>82165140
>>82165191

The museum was supposed to be for Star Wars, but the city of Chicago vetoed it in favor of keeping the current parking lot, because the city is corrupt as fuck and he probably wasn't offering enough money.

I think he was on public transportation because it's really easy and convenient to use in Chicago, also quicker at times than getting a cab or an Uber.
>>
>>82165706
lel, fucking Chicago, don't they want the nerdbux?
>>
>>82165746
You mean they want to attract tourists who will inevitably die in random gang shootouts?
>>
>>82165811
Who cares, we don't need more star wars shit anyways.
>>
>>82165706
>>82165746
>>82165191
"Narrative Art", which Lucas characterizes as Illustration, Comics, Animation and Film.

Star Wars isn't the exclusive focus, it was more like a big hook for normies like a Dinosaur Hall or Mummies are in natural history museums.
>>
>>82164351
He's a great idea man, which is why I was disappointed when he cut ties with Disney. Originally he was supposed to be creative consultant for the Sequel Trilogy.

The Original Trilogy is what happens when Lucas' ideas are filtered. The Prequel Trilogy is George Lucas with complete freedom. I really think The Force Awakens would have benefited from having him on board.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.