[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>$156 million to do your job Jesus Christ why doesn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Capture.png (666KB, 755x590px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
666KB, 755x590px
>$156 million to do your job

Jesus Christ why doesn't Hollywood just outsource this shit?
>>
All those shitty remakes aren't going to write themselves.
>>
THINK OF THE CINEMATIC UNIVERSES
>>
>>82159951

Legitimately don't know.

I guess you need good writers for TV now, but most Hollywood movies are generic enough that you don't really need "real" writers for them. I guess that's the catch.
>>
File: wga-fullpage.png (317KB, 1260x3119px) Image search: [Google]
wga-fullpage.png
317KB, 1260x3119px
Do you think companies like Netflix and Amazon Prime video care?

http://www.npr.org/2017/04/19/524751648/netflix-and-cord-cutting-era-complicates-writers-guild-contract-talks
>Well, the first thing you would see, I think, is that late night would go into reruns. Those shows are written every day. Of course, they're very topical. You would probably see other shows - network shows, cable shows - go into reruns. You might actually see somebody like - a company like Netflix drop a bunch of new shows because they produce shows differently from the rest of the gang. They do an entire season at once. When Netflix releases something, you get all the episodes. So they could actually, you know, maybe benefit from this.
>>
>lindelof felt he wasn't paid enough for his "stellar" work on:
>prometheus
>cowboys and aliens
>tomorrowland
>star trek: into darkness
>world war Z
>>
>>82159951

>complain about the shitty Hollywood films without any original ideas and bad writing in television
>make fun of the WGA, because they demand more pay

KYS
>>
they don't even do anything
>>
>>82162297
The first time they went on strike they had been putting out a lot of good stuff and a lot of dog shit, but the shit seemed to be fading away and the good stuff was just getting better.

By striking they literally set fire to everything that was either running or in the pipeline, directly resulting in the last decade of total shit. Capeshit, the car movie franchise, found footage horror, etc, etc.

Now they're striking again. After producing nothing but shit for a solid decade.

Fuck them.
>>
>>82159951
Why doesn't Hollywood just hire college kids? They would have the same shit writing plus save money
>>
>>82162297
This isn't even the problem. You could get the best writer in history to work on your film, but hollywood would still destroy it because they intentionally make their films bland and dumb so they can appeal to the widest market possible
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.