[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why am I not excited to see this? Did the /tv/ memes about it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Why am I not excited to see this? Did the /tv/ memes about it ruin my hype?Altho reading facebook comments about the movie (since IMDB message boards are gone so cant go there) there are some who too dont seem that excited.

I guess its just the realization that this will be mainly an Alien survival movie and thats boring. I do hope we get Engineers and backstory about them. Lets hope we dont just get the Engineers turned to stone due to David
>>
I really don't want another movie with either the aliens or engineers, I just want a standalone movie dealing with david, or the other androids from that universe
>>
>>82135794
Yeah a movie on David and the organization on making androids
>>
I just hope it's not full of jumpscares and shitty dialogue.
>>
>>82135842
When has Ridley Scott ever made a movie with shitty dialogue?
>I'M NOT HERE TO MAKE FRIENDS
Oh, right...
>>
File: 1396675493419.gif (3MB, 322x354px) Image search: [Google]
1396675493419.gif
3MB, 322x354px
>>82135734
>make a prequel to alien
>people complain that prometheus isn't enough like alien
>make an alien movie with xenomorphs
>people complain it's not enough like prometheus
>>
Full daylight Xeno bashing skull on window = cringe filmmaking
>>
>>82135734
I wasn't excited until I watched the prologue. But I'm a huge Ridley Scott fan.
>>
>>82135734
>it's not the first one so it sucks
>>
>>82135922
The complaint about it not being enough like Alien is that the people were TOO FUCKING STUPID. In Alien and Aliens you could believe people getting fucked because they were a bunch of space truckers and a bunch of space army men who didn't know better.

In Prometheus and Covenant, you've got these fucking peoples whose JOB it is to explore alien worlds doing the stupidest shit imaginable. That's the suspension of disbelief. That's what people dislike. The logic and integrity of the film is being sacrificed because the fucking actors have it in their god damn contracts that people have to see their faces and they don't have to wear masks too much.
>>
>>82137546
In Prometheus the whole mission was a sham, put together so Weyland could go after his real objective. It makes sense that the "crack team" of scientists would be a bunch of bargain bin dummies given that Weyland never cared about them or their mission in the first place.

Also, even smart people act can irrationally when they are scared
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/12841784
>>
>>82137637
this
>>
>>82137648
hey idiots voting for the director's cut of alien: you do realize that's the version with the "finding dallas & brett cocooned" deleted scene clumsily wedged back in, right? the version that fucks up the pacing of the climax? the version that ridley scott admitted he released for purely commercial reasons and that he was completely satisfied with the theatrical version?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.