[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need a super fast 2 out of 3 yes/no on whether I should watch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: Dexter_TV_Series_Title_Card.jpg (17KB, 302x168px) Image search: [Google]
Dexter_TV_Series_Title_Card.jpg
17KB, 302x168px
I need a super fast 2 out of 3 yes/no on whether I should watch this series or not.

That and 'Sons of Anarchy'. And 'Mad Men' although that sounds like a stretch.

I like to binge watch sometimes and need stuff on stand by. I dont actually watch tv much at all and something has to be super popular and past before I will even pay attention to it. It helps weed out crap.

1.Dexter
2. Sons of Anarchy
3. Madmen

yes/no?

Also I'll read any review points you have. Any tiime I ask Google, people expect me to read 100,000 words All I am looking for is brief insightful judgements on the series.

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>82131062
no
yes
yes
>>
>>82131062
yes
only the first 2 seasons and then it's the same shit
yes
>>
>>82131093
>>82131180

Thanks. I am trying to take in Dexter review atm. Apparently it ran a lot longer than I realized.

Interesting that you agree on Mad Men.

What is it you would say is the appeal of the show? Does it have especially good characters or something? I imagine it would have to. My understanding was that it was about advertising agents.

If its character, what are the themes? Are they villains or something?

Sorry if I seem dumb. As TV. movies and pop culture goes, I live under a rock. I figured you would be the guys to get a crash course on the names I've heard and been recommended. I didnt give Breaking Bad a chance until 2015. Glad I did.
>>
>>82131062
Watch s1-s4 and then pretend that was the end.
>>
>>82131614
for Dexter

Only start Mad Men on a day where you can watch at least 5 or more episodes in one sitting. It takes time to get into it.
>>
>>82131062
All three are very different styles of show. And depending on your taste you may or way not like any of them. That said Dexter and SoA both start well and get progressively worse. While MM is pretty consistently good through out, though some will say it's dull or boring.
>>
dexter has one of the shittiest endings of all time imo. if you can deal with that the series is still worth watching overall, just prepare for the dumbest and least satisfying end you can think of.
>>
>>82131062
1. Yes, although there's a notable drop in quality after season 4
2. No
3. Yes. Most people complain that the show starts slow (I don't agree, but that's what I often hear), so make sure you give it a few episodes whenever you decide that you're ready to start
>>
>>82131062
1. No
2. Halfway Yes
3. Yes
>>
>>82131826
It has one of the shittiest second halves of a show ever. The only reason I didn't quit watching in season 5 is because I loved the acting of Michael C. Hall and some of the supporting actors. Jennifer Carpenter and some of the other cops grew on me.

MCH in Six Feet Under is one of the best acted characters ever imo. I don't really care either way about someones sexuality but he was so good in SFU that I actually was happy when things went well and felt bad when things went bad for him in the show.
>>
Yes
No
Yes

Dexter is quite good and entertaining at first. It becomes incredibly shit in the later seasons, but you can definitely enjoy the first few.

SoA is garbage. Not even Ron Perlman can salvage that shit. Don't waste your time.

Mad Men is easily the best of the three, but it's not necessarily your thing. Starts slow, but it's a fantastic journey.
>>
>>82131614
>>82131642

Thank you, that is helpful.

I will have to review both more. Maybe Im more shallow than I realized, or maybe its drama exhaustion from age. I cant figure what it is about Mad Men thats supposed to pull me in.

When you get older, its strange stuff that interests you like "Nebraska" (2013) and "Youth" (2015). Or maybe its internet exposure. It takes more to get and hold my attention.

I think as you age, you've heard most of the stories and suffered enough upstart talents. Then it becomes well written and acted characters that pull you in.

Not that I dont make time for pure schlok on Halloween if I have time.

>>82131843
>>82131908

Again, thank you both, its helpful. I can relate to seasonal disparities. I thought the 3rd and 4th seasons of Breaking Bad stalled badly in the Skyler sub-plots and had to fast forward through them. I dont quite get why they put palpably female oriented subplots in a guys show. It just confuses both.

I must go, have a great weekend, all, and many, many thanks again. You all rock!
>>
>>82131992
>I cant figure what it is about Mad Men thats supposed to pull me in.

I really liked the show but you're either going to like it or hate it. It is VERY slow burning at times but the acting is very good. I wasn't alive back then but grew up in a nostalgic family and area so my experience might be different.
>>
>>82131062
Yes
Maybe
Didn't care for it
>>
>>82131992
One last thing about Dexter. S1 and S2 were good. I thought S3 had a slight drop in quality but S4 is probably one of the best seasons of a show ever. John Lithgow was incredible in it. I say that as someone that hates award shows and think that 95% of the winners at those did nothing special.
>>
>>82131402
I've watched all of mad men, and I have the exact same questions that you do.
>>
>>82131992
I'm of the opinion that the start of Mad Men is quite weak. It's essentially just "look how wacky things were back then!" at first, but it grows and becomes one of the best written shows I've ever seen.
By the end of the first season, I'd wager you'll be totally hooked.
>>
>>82131950
>Six Feet Under

I remember that series. I liked it and figured he would go on to something bigger. I seem to think Alan Ball's music guy did the music for that from American Beauty, which Ball himself did both I think. The music stood out.

SFU was a unique series. I really liked it.

>>82131954

Good to know, this is all helpful.

Someone recommended SoA when I said I liked Breaking Bad. Its awesome to hear someone else is a Ron Perlman fan, which is why I was considering it. Bless you.

I will try to learn more about Mad Men. I hate to be in the dark about something so widely loved. I check out some highlight reels on YT and maybe see if the characters hook me.

>>82132132

Thank you.
>>82132148

I was looking forward to Lithgow and didnt know when he made his appearance, but knew he was in it.

Its such a long series from what I can tell. Im torn because I hate to quit a series half way, even when it starts wobbling like Sopranos did for a while. I will fast forward if I have to but hate to abandon characters. I may have to, it sounds like, with Dexter.

>>82132194

Thanks. Maybe its just tastes. There must be something to it.

>>82132196

Oh that helps. I know that type of show, where it takes a while for the writers to find their stride. "That 70's Show" comes to mind, by analogy. Started off cheesy sitcom and actually developed some 3 dimensional dynamics between characters, at which point the sitcom cheese could be a little charming

Again, many thanks to all. Have a great weekend!!
>>
>>82132196
>I'm of the opinion that the start of Mad Men is quite weak.
I mentioned this previously and it is 100% correct. I didn't start watching it live until S3 or S4. My friend told me to watch several episodes in a row on a shitty day. I think I watched 8 episodes in one day and was bored as hell for the first few episodes.

I later told my mom to do the same thing. I think she watched 2 or 3 in one sitting and didn't like it. I told her to watch several more in a row and she got hooked.
>>
>>82131776

Did read, tyvm!
>>
>>82132096
>>82132284

Did read, thank you. Im sorry I missed all these answers as I was trying to keep up. I really do appreciate them all.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.