[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does Boyhood still hold up? Don't get me wrong, I like the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: boy.jpg (120KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
boy.jpg
120KB, 533x800px
Does Boyhood still hold up? Don't get me wrong, I like the movie and I think Richard Linklater is a good filmmaker, but I don't think I've seen a film this decade that critics splooged over more.
>>
1 2 Y E A R S
>>
G A M E
B O Y
S P
>>
Hold what, you nigger? The movie is not even five years old.
>>
D R A G O N
B A L L
Z
>>
>>82124603
It was a great film about nothing and great to watch as a young adult male or a parent of a kid of the same age.
>>
I mean, if the only draw is the fact it was the same actual people for x amount of real life years, that's cool I guess, but doesn't suddenly make your movie good.
>>
>>82124603
I thought it was pretentious garbage when I first saw it and couldn't finish it, I thought the main character was a faggot and couldn't sympathise with him

I think you would have a better time discussing it on reddit and you should probably stay there
>>
>>82124988
>pretentious garbage
In what way? There were no forced messages, very little over-the-top drama, it didn't really reach for deeper meaning. It's just a straightforward story about a normal kid's childhood

Everyone makes way, way too much out of the 12-year gimmick. I thought it was cool to watch everyone grow older over the course of the film, but it was like an experimental side project for Linklater, it's not like he meant it to "blow your mind"
>>
>>82125158
It's been a while since I watched it, but I really think the way the main character behaved was really irritating. The kid showed no emotion and was this nu-male tumblr faggot who didn't change the expression on his face for well over an hour in the movie. It was like we were supposed to think he was a really deep and cool guy by the end of it but that's why it ended up being pretentious garbage

I couldn't identify with him. It was a nice concept for a movie though.
>>
12 Years a Boy Slave
>>
>>82125290
>It was like we were supposed to think he was a really deep and cool guy by the end of it
I really don't think so. You mean the college-freshman philosophical stuff at the end? We were meant to take that exactly as it is, a bunch of naive kids bouncing naive ideas off each other. You're not supposed to hate him or think he's a total idiot, but he's not especially "smarter" or "deeper" than anyone else his age. Weren't you kind of a pretentious twat at that stage in your life, too?

I agree that the main kid wasn't a great actor, but I didn't think he was awful either. I think the director just meant for him to come off like a nice, normal kid trying to figure shit out, not like a "hero" or a genius or anything
>>
File: souljaboyoscarwinner.jpg (9KB, 305x165px) Image search: [Google]
souljaboyoscarwinner.jpg
9KB, 305x165px
... then superman that hoe
NOW WATCH ME YOUUUUUUUUUU
(crank that Soulja Boy)
(crank that Soulja Boy)
(crank that Soulja Boy)
(crank that Soulja Boy)

SOULJA BOY OFF IN THIS HOE
>>
>>82125443
I think they could have made this more clear (and ultimately more relatable) by using humour, which there was an apparent lack of in this movie. I think the director chose to show the story of an intensely brooding and boring family of faggots that hardly anyone can empathise with unless they buy into looking cool, which is ironically what this movie ultimately tries to achieve.
>>
dont look at it as the 12 years gimmick, look at it as a 2000's period piece
>>
It's a shit movie and no where near like a regular boys life. He's a fucking ass in a family of asses and girls are written into the script when in real life he would be way to boring to date.
>>
>>82126004
tfw reasonably attractive and still no dates
>>
>>82124603
>Does Boyhood still hold up?
its comfyness does.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.