[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was that online hookup scene with the dead cat really necessary?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: her.jpg (124KB, 630x1200px) Image search: [Google]
her.jpg
124KB, 630x1200px
Was that online hookup scene with the dead cat really necessary? I want to give this movie a 10/10 so bad, but everytime i rewatch it this scene bothers me. It goes way to far off into absurdity and trying too hard, and doesn't convey anything meaningful either, other than that he goes for instant satisfaction when he can get it, which is already conveyed by the scene on the train where he looks at the girls proocative pregnancy photos. I believe that the movie would actually be better if they just straight up cut this scene out. Why did you do this, Spike Jonze?

I feel somewhat the same way about the Video game scene, only to a lesser degree. What was the point of that vulgarity? Was that one of Charlie Kaufmans influences on Spike Jonze, because it seems as thought that according to Charlie Kaufman even the most profound and beautiful films must have moments of retarded vulgarity. Not saying Adaptation is a super profound movie, but it's certainly one of the best screenplays and it features this one scene, where Charlies agent just says "I want to fuck this woman up the ass" like 3 times.
>>
This movie was gay lol
>>
>>82121856
nice
>>
>>82121462
It was funny at the least a throwaway line. But the dead cat could show his alienation from society a world where the average sexuality has gone so far that the MC has to delve into the world of 2d that we all know and inhabit.
>>
>>82122211
doesn't seem likely
>>
>>82121462
I thought the dead cat scene was to show the loneliness in other people. To show that even trying to make a connection with someone else was near impossible because everyone brought their own baggage in. I feel like that woman's cat died and she tried to deal with the grief in the most bizarre way possible.
>>
>>82121462
>>82123216
Can someone refresh my memory on this scene?
>>
>>82123216
Maybe, but if that's the case i think it could've been conveyed in a more elegant and tasteful way
>>
>>82121462

UNF!!! CHOKE ME WITH THE DEAD CAT!!!!
>>
>>82121462
It was just a silly throwaway line about degenerates online

And it's true, desu. The internet is filled with degenerates
>>
>>82123216
y-yea... the cat just p-plain died. N-nothing further there. Definitely nothing to do with childhood sexual trauma. Just a girl missing her cat.
>>
>>82121462
>getting cucked by a phone
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.