[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

David Fincher Will Officially Direct the "World War Z"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 12

File: file.png (1MB, 792x1024px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 792x1024px
https://thefilmstage.com/news/david-fincher-world-war-z-sequel/

Thoughts?
>>
why are zombies still a thing?
>>
File: file.png (153KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
153KB, 480x360px
>Zombie movie with Atticus Ross/Trent Reznor soundtrack
>>
I expect that Fincher will drop out of the project after not having some autistic demand met by the studio.
>>
File: 3333.png (2MB, 1340x542px) Image search: [Google]
3333.png
2MB, 1340x542px
>>82113617
I trust in his autism mang.
>>
>>82113683
his autistic demands make for pretty good movies.
>>
>>82113683
Brad Pitt probs convinced the studio to get him, if thats the case he has full control thankfully
>>
>>82113617
>if you direct this, we'll left direct what you want after
>>
Why is World War Z getting a sequel?
>>
damn the modern Hollywood is a morbid place

even he is reduced to doing trash like this
>>
>>82113633
Because they are fun. People like them. Go back to wanking over obscure shit, hipster.
>>
File: 55.39.png (294KB, 1032x682px) Image search: [Google]
55.39.png
294KB, 1032x682px
>>82113999
>>
He really needs the money, didn't he?

If he's still thinking he can make the Cleopatra film, he's dreaming.
>>
>>82114072
they are fun to manchildren and this whole zombie fad died a while ago, the only one still kicking around is walking dead
>>
>>82114120

He wasn't dreaming about doing that, it was Angelina Jolie who was trying to get him to direct it.
>>
>>82113617
cautiously optimistic

I hope the script isn't shit
>>
>>82113617
It's very weird.

To a lesser extent, I feel the same way about Bayona directing Jurassic World 2. He's a very talented filmmaker, the opposite of Trevorrow. Hopefully this allows him to direct whatever he wants after it becomes a box office hit.

Those filmmakers should not be doing sequels to shit hack movies. But now I'm very curious to see what a blockbuster zombie movie directed by Fincher could look like, Pitt must have secured creative control for him.
>>
>>82113617
Who wanted this to happen?
Who is happy for this to happen?
Is there really a big enough "World War Z" fan audience for this to succeed?

I'm pretty sure most people who saw World War Z just went to see "that zombie film with Brad Pitt", no one wanted to see another one and I'm pretty sure the Fincher audience is on the completely opposite spectrum of viewers for this kind of movie.
I just don't understand those big studio execs, it's like they impulsively throw millions in random projects like they are picking random numbers on a roulette and see what happens.
>>
>>82113617
Why?
>>
>>82114192
>Angelina Jolie couldn't make David Fincher direct Cleopatra superproduction
>Brad Pitt made David Fincher direct Zombie Shitfest number 294353

It really makes you think
>>
>>82114156

this, nobody gives a fuck about zombies. They are lame like some shitty jokes about chuck norris or ninjas
>>
This is the result of gambling debts or maybe they have dirt on him
>>
Gone Girl came out 3 years ago, what the fuck has he been doing since then?
>>
>>82113999
It was good dipshit
>>
>>82114446
Failing to get projects off the ground
>>
>>82114463
No it wasn't.
>>
>>82114463
no one is denying it but they found a "Cure" at the end of the movie so what else can they do with it?
>>
it's gonna be a good movie
>>
>>82114156
And TWD doesn't even focus zombies any more
>>
>>82114553
maybe we'll get a better book adaptation, not that the book was great. but the Pepsico(tm) one had nothing to do with what happened in the book.
>north korea, the entire nation, disappearing completely underground and never resurfacing
>Cuba become the world's wealthiest nation having escaped infection completely
>russian death squads
>ocean hoards
>french sewer warfare and british castles reinforced
>all those american gun-nuts
>south african floating cities
lots of cool shit to choose from, they picked israel...
>>
The book was pure reddit "geek culture" schlock in the first place if you ask me. I was glad the movie was generic as shit rather than pandering to the memesters.

I can't imagine Fincher pandering to reddit either so hopefully we're safe again.
>>
File: 1478577183819.png (221KB, 328x331px) Image search: [Google]
1478577183819.png
221KB, 328x331px
I cant be the only one surprised by this shit right?

I always saw David Fincher as some kind of high key director, not some dude that would direct a fucking sequel to a zombie movie, much less one that was shit and was in development hell and under performed at the box office.

What the fuck is he doing?
>>
I think it'll have a slightly similar feel to Contagion but with more action (and zombies obviously).

He's just too smart and too in control not to make a brainless blockbuster.
>>
>>82114994
i honestly trust he's gonna make a good movie. when has he ever not?
Gone Girl with the Fight Club Tattoo were based on shit books but he managed to make entertaining movies out of them.
i trust the finch
>>
>>82113617
I love the way his movies look. The way they're shot, the filters, the editing. Honestly my favourite aesthetic from any director by far.
>>
>>82114395
bros before hoes
>>
>>82114553
They didn't find a cure so much as they found a way to prevent the zombies from detection. There's still hundreds of millions they need to clean up.
>>
Zombie Kino time
>>
>>82114916
Battle dog chapter best chapter.
>>
Zombies and Fincher! Hell freakin epic my redditbros!
>>
>>82114342
a trailer will come out with something huge happening in it which looks like it's never been done before and people will say "that looks fucking sick!" then watch it
it doesn't really matter if there's a fanbase anymore, but it helps
>>
>>82114446
A netflix detective show that comes out in october
>>
>>82114156
Who cares if it was a fad? I enjoy them, they are fun mindless opponents to shoot from time to time.

>they are fun to manchildren

So is capeshit but that's okay, apparently.
>>
File: 1.44.png (118KB, 724x465px) Image search: [Google]
1.44.png
118KB, 724x465px
>>82114994

I'm not him so I'll just have to guess, these are possible reasons I think:

1. One for them, one for me kind of deal. The studio agreed that they will fund a passion project of his if he does this blockbuster for them. Not really Fincher's MO if you look at his filmography, but maybe it is the case this time.

2. Purely just wants money. I doubt this, since he's always been paid well and he continues to do some well paying commercials between movies. He is rich enough and has never been motivated by money.

3. He wants to do a big action movie because he hasn't done one yet. He wants to try the genre. Good directors usually try to stretch their creative muscles. Blockbusters are usually dumb, and not very good, but they are NOT easy to make. In some ways you could argue that they're a lot harder than small indie films. Because there's so much money involved, the studio is paranoid, there are focus group, lawyers, marketers etc. all trying to meddle with the creative process. He maybe sees that as an interesting challenge. Or just wants to have fun.

>A movie is made for an audience and a film is made for both the audience and the filmmakers. I think that The Game is a movie and I think Fight Club's a film. I think that Fight Club is more than the sum of its parts, whereas Panic Room is the sum of its parts. I didn't look at Panic Room and think: Wow, this is gonna set the world on fire. These are footnote movies, guilty pleasure movies. Thrillers. Woman-trapped-in-a-house movies. They're not particularly important.

4. This is somewhat linked to 3. but maybe he wants to do a big film that is subversive. It's a broad canvas and knowing his previous work, he'll likely won't deliver a cookie cutter movie.

>I don't know how much movies should entertain. To me I'm always interested in movies that scar. The thing I love about JAWS is that I've never gone swimming in the ocean again.

There are probably even more possible reasons why he's doing this.
>>
>>82113683
he fucking better
>>
>>82114342
I really wanted it to be like the books. Just skip between multiple characters and treat it like a documentary, the way the book was. I guess there is no audience for that though.

>>82114826
It never did. The sad thing is the good "drama" was back in season 1-3, it ended with the start of 4 and then it was only worth it for the action scenes (prison battle, terminus, etc) and the comfy survivalist kino. Now they are in a town and it's all just standard biker gang post-apocalyptic warfare, except it's not even realistic. Now the only way it could be good is if it DID focus on the zombies but now there are none left because of years of people killing them, and also they rot for some stupid reason.
>>
File: 1471625565364.png (522KB, 600x681px) Image search: [Google]
1471625565364.png
522KB, 600x681px
>another Trent Reznor/Atticus Ross soundtrack

At least it's not Hans Zimmer.
>>
>>82114916

you forgot
>DUDE I'M BEING PAID TO BODYGUARD MOVIE AND TV STARS AT LOS ANGELES BUNKER WHILE MAHER AND COULTER ARE MAKING OUT IN THE BEACH LMAO
>>
>>82114478
yeah, pretty disappointed he kept going for netflix memes instead of just making another fucking film
>>
>>82115346
Anybody who watches capeshit deserves a bullet to the head.

Anybody who watches zombieshit deserves a bullet to the head.

If our race is going to survive then we need to slaughter the infantilized lost causes and fight them with our finest.
>>
>>82113617
What a fucking idiot

zombieshit
>>
>>82115268
After Yonkers. Which was hilariously unrealistic but it was still the best chapter.
>>
File: Fedora-wearing neckbeard faggot.jpg (22KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Fedora-wearing neckbeard faggot.jpg
22KB, 500x500px
David Fincher has a solid record. All his movies are top-notch. I feel like he's over-qualified for a zombie movie, especially a sequel to a zombie movie. It's disappointing. But at the same time I see he's trying to branch out, I understand. Even if his next three movies are complete garbage, he'll always be one of my favorite directors for giving us such great movies already.

>>82114072
I strongly dislike these type of comments. They usually go like this: "Here is my reason why you're wrong. Now go back to (insert something I dislike), you (insert insult.)" I remember the IMDB forums were covered with these exact same comments.

"2001: A Space Odyssey is an amazing movie. It completely changed the science fiction genre. Go back to watching your Transformers, dipshit."

Pic related..
>>
>>82115458
So if you don't watch deep art films and nothing else, you are a manchild? Sounds like manchild thinking.
>>
If I were a profitable director with a good track record I would never direct a sequel to a mediocre movie.
>>
>>82113617
what a fucking waste of his time
>>
I liked the first one. some parts were stupid but i found it comfy
>>
File: 1490992340266.jpg (92KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
1490992340266.jpg
92KB, 612x612px
>>82113617
Fincher has made fairly good choices when it comes to adapting shitty mass market paperbacks, of which WWZ is one. I'm interested to see what he can bring to the table with a film of this type - something I don't believe he's ever touched, unless you count Alien 3, which really isn't his movie at this point. All of his films are interesting visually, narratively, etc, even if they aren't overtly "good" so I'm excited to see what he might do.
>>
>>82113683
Given his early experiences with studio interference, I wouldn't blame him.
>>
>>82115497
One can never consume too little degenerate content.
>>
>>82115399
>One for them, one for me kind of deal
seems the most plausible
>>
>>82115508
But you're not, and never will be.
>>
>>82116292
*I can't understand why a profitable director with a good track record would direct a sequel to a mediocre movie

Here, I put it in a way that doesn't allow you to project your insecurities
>>
>>82116472
thx
>>
>>82113633
The Walking Dead
>>
>>82115146
Those three books where good and he did faithfull adaptations of them.
>>
File: 206.jpg (6KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
206.jpg
6KB, 200x200px
>>82113678
100 times better than its predecessor already
>>
>>82115481
>every movie has to be life-changing and meaningful
>if something was popular for a while, it instantly becomes shit, and also becomes shit after its popularity fades because it's a fad and it's no longer cool to like it

Do you actually like anything at all or do you just wait quietly for what other people tell you it's okay to like?
>>
they won't let him do shit, it'll be like the Robocop remake
>>
>>82114994
Fincher has only excessively directing thrillers. If you are a good director, you are not afraid to seek out other genre
Just take look at Kubrick
>>
>>82115751
I liked the faster zombies. It made them seem actually dangerous. As opposed to Max Brooks who thinks that shamblers would be immune to rocket artillery, nukes, assault rifles, and tanks, and can ONLY be killed by bands of dudes with cowboy hats and WW2 bolt actions in snowflake calibers that hold five bullets at a time.
>>
>>82113617
If it is something from the book then great. If it is a straight up sequel to the movie then it will likely be a waste.
>>
>>82113617
Anything Fincher touches ends up being mediocre garbage.
>>
>>82113617
The movie ends with massive hope, at no point in the book is there as much hope. Just bleak realism
>>
How hard did brad pitt beg him to do this?
>>
File: ShiningEnding1-1050x656.jpg (71KB, 1050x656px) Image search: [Google]
ShiningEnding1-1050x656.jpg
71KB, 1050x656px
>wasting a good director on a sequel to a shit film
>>
>>82117137
Fincher obviously has an idea in mind if he wants to direct it. this is the most fussy man in hollywood so i trust him if he wants to do it.
>>
>>82117023

idk but he still managed to cuck Angie who was begging Finch to do the Cleopatra movie
>>
>>82117247
I'll tell you why he wants to do it

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
>>
>>82113617
so we're actually gonna get a decent book adaptation this time...nice.
>>
>>82115508
>>82117137
if I was an acclaimed auteur I would a random shitty franchise like Beverly Hills Chihuahua, ask to do the next
installment and turn it into pure fucking kino for shits and giggles tbqh
>>
>>82117496
what makes you say that?
>>
>>82115455
can't blame him. netflix coughs up the cash for any retard that asks them.
>>
I wanna see Fincher try a scifi
>>
>>82116867
What a stupid post
>>
>>82117315
>Fincher directing Beverly Hills Chihuahua 3
I'd watch it.
>>
>>82113633
It's preparation for the future

If you're white/brown I suggest you watch them. See what happened Zimbabwe/South Africa. This is coming from a brown as shit Arab too. What happened there is the scariest fucking thing I have ever seen.

What happens in Capetown is some of the weirdest shit you can imagine. They literally act like zombies. If you're going through there and make a loud noise, the entire hoard will swarm on you. They move from building to building in massive hoards to live together as tribes, usually completely destroying the building within 9 months.

There are actual safezones throughout the city. All have paid armed guards and barriers.

All of this was because dumb as fuck white people decided to give their cities to a black majority by ending Apartheid. They even had the great idea of putting the most educated blacks in charge, some even being from western countries, obviously it still didn't work.

Blacks are a major majority globally, and dumb fucking white people keep importing them to every part of the world. Once they become a majority, the country falls. Literally every. single. time. So it's best to embrace the future.
>>
>>82114342
>the Fincher audience is on the completely opposite spectrum of viewers for this kind of movie
Not at all, there is a big overlap between the two. I like Fincher, but his movies tend to attract the IMDBcore pleb crowd. The guy directed Fight Club after all, which is a perennial favorite of fedoras and edgy teenagers, which is the exact kind of people that like zombie shit because "it's hella freakin epin dude".
>>
File: send help.gif (2MB, 448x251px) Image search: [Google]
send help.gif
2MB, 448x251px
>>82113617
>World War Z
>their are making a sequel

mfw
>>
>>82118491
i liked the first one.
>>
>>82118468
Those "edgy tennagers" love Fight Club and Fight Club only, they don't care who made it.
And the IMDb crowd which loves Fincher feel like they are above "zombie flicks" and enjoy Nolan/Tarantino instead.

The zombie audience is long gone my friend, they turned to the capeshit audience.
>>
>>82118839
zombie audience and capeshit audience are literally the same people
>>
>>82118491
breh, they can literally adapt the book now, call it a sequel, and it'll still be good. What's the problem?
>>
>>82118839
I'd argue that every Fincher movie other than Benjamin Button is beloved by edgy teenage "movie buffs".

If your film can be described as "dark thriller" then it is fedoracore ergo /v/eddit teen friendly. Social Network is an outlier but the Fincher brand name is so strong than it is given /v/edora appeal by his very involvement.
>>
>>82113683
It's a win-win.

Fincher is based as fuck and doesn't budge and we forget about WWZ 2, or he makes pure zombie kino.
>>
>>82113617
I think somebody should direct a first WWZ film before anybody does a second.
>>
>>82113617
I read his reason, and yet i can't understand it.
Must be a joke, right? Or he'll turn it into something totally devious?
>>
Is it going to be about them trying to find a cure for the AIDS Brad injected himself with to make him zombie-immune?
Thread posts: 98
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.