[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the point of this scene? >Buscemi buries money >no

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: BuscemiSHOT.jpg (30KB, 660x350px) Image search: [Google]
BuscemiSHOT.jpg
30KB, 660x350px
What was the point of this scene?
>Buscemi buries money
>no one knows about the money but him
>Buscemi is kill
>money are not referenced again
>movie ends
I understand the concept: DUDE LOTSA MONEY LOST FOREVER IN DA SNOW LMAOOO but how the scene was handled, it totally lacks any bit of drama.
>>
The money was found in season 2 of the tv show. Try to keep up.
>>
Also, what was the significance of the cop being pregnancy? How is that relevant?
>>
>>82111045
>he thinks the tv show is canon to the movie
L.O.L.
>>
>>82111045
>Try to keep u
>season 2
>>
>>82111047
sometimes a cigar is just a cigar
>>
>>82111045
>TV show
>canon to the film

No.
>>
>>82111047
Women get pregnant
She is a woman
She happened to be pregnant
>>
>>82111045
That's right. The fat jew opened a chain of supermarkets with it.
>>
>>82110984

It's based on a true story. They're just showing what probably happened.
>>
>>82110984

why is he eating the snow?
>>
Takako Konishi found the money.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_of_Takako_Konishi
https://vimeo.com/66512803
>>
>>82111045

First season.
>>
>>82112654
>It's based on a true story.
Heh.
>>
>>82112654
No it's not.
>>
>>82112811

Yes it is. They tell you in the beginning it's based off a true story. I've never heard of any lawsuits because it isn't. Do you imagine the shitstorm that would have happened if they just made it up?
>>
>>82110984
You know how the last line of the movie is

>2 more months...

While that at first seems to mean Marge will give birth in 2 months, it actually means that, since the movie takes place in February, in 2 months most of the snow is gonna be gone, if not all of it. That big suitcase with a bright red ice scraper nearby would probably be visible to some random passing driver.
And then someone else finds the money, and money never represents anything good in Coen-verse. It's actually a really subtle cliffhanger ending
>>
>>82112541
>>82112618
>Coen fags pretending to be objective
at least half their flicks have retarded meanings and metaphors
>>
>>82112933
Are you kidding?
>>
>>82112837
did Texas chainsaw massacre really happen then?
>>
Considering they bullshitted about it being based on a true story to sell more tickets, it wouldn't surprise me if they intentionally left the case of money ambiguous so people would think, "fuck, I bet that case of money is still out there somewhere on the side of a road." They probably expected retards to actually go out there looking for it.
>>
>>82112837
They didn't cite anyone so they can get away with it.

It's like saying a character was based on a celebrity rather than saying a character was based on Lindsay Lohan.
>>
>>82112685
Because he's hungry
>>
>>82110984
Jerry said the ransom would be eighty thousand, and he would be taking forty. Buscemi takes the case and finds out Jerry was planning on stealing several hundred thousand dollars from his father in law. Stormrare only expected forty thousand, so Buscemi took out forty thousand and hid the rest.

He was trying to screw his partner out of the rest of the money. Was that so hard?
>>
>>82112837
>being absolutely, 100% retarded
>>
>>82111077
>>82112579
>he cares about canon to a 20 year old movie
>>
>>82110984
imagine being THIS plebian
>>
>>82112915

pretty good theory to be honest senpai
>>
>>82113092
its not a theory, its what it actually means
>>
>>82112965
no?
>no country for old men
>big lebowski
>llewyn davis
>o brother where art thou
>barton fink
probably true grit. That's actually 5/7 of what I've watched from them
>>
Wouldn't the money be ruined having been buried in snow for months
>>
>>82113251
Nah, at most the very outermost stacks of bills would soak up the water from the melted snow and get ruined, but not every single bill in the case would be ruined.
>>
>>82110984
Money isn't dramatic, it can only inspire drama.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.