[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>/tv/ says movie is great >watch it >it's actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: Hacksaw-Ridge.jpg (119KB, 642x996px) Image search: [Google]
Hacksaw-Ridge.jpg
119KB, 642x996px
>/tv/ says movie is great
>watch it
>it's actually shit

This was a lot worse than you led me to believe, /tv/!
>>
File: 1491508951331.jpg (15KB, 317x275px) Image search: [Google]
1491508951331.jpg
15KB, 317x275px
Was it any good?
>>
I'm pretty sure tricking people into watching shitty movies is the only /tv/ related thing we do here
>>
>implying any melkino movie is shit
You have absolutely shit taste
>>
>>82101131
It's hard to fathom how terrible this was. How did Gibson even manage Braveheart and Apocalypto?
>>
it's kind of corny and vince vaughn shouldn't have been in it. otherwise pretty decent flick
>>
If you're an American Christcuck who believes that you are being oppressed for your religion, it's inspiring.

Otherwise, no. It's goofy ass shit.
>>
>what is subjectivity
>>
>hey lemme show some clips of the real people
>now they CAN'T say this very mediocre movie was in fact mediocre because look it's the real people!
>what do you mean that's a cheap and lazy emotional tactic?
>>
>>82101259
Atheist here

Bullshit
>>
File: C7w7GoNWkAAvM52.jpg (59KB, 901x564px) Image search: [Google]
C7w7GoNWkAAvM52.jpg
59KB, 901x564px
>>82101131
t. atheist
>>
I thought it was silly too.. and why didnt the japs just cut the net they used to climb up ?
>>
>>82101214
Can confirm, been tricked many times
>>
>>82101131

Mark it in the excel spreadsheet boys, we got anotha one.
>>
>>82101842
Couldn't see it on account of their eyes bein too narrow.
>>
File: Synecdoche,_New_York_poster.jpg (44KB, 297x436px) Image search: [Google]
Synecdoche,_New_York_poster.jpg
44KB, 297x436px
Synedoche new York. That movie is fucking praised all the time here, but I found it to be pretty mediocre. The movie's philosophical statements felt extremely ham fisted. I don't really mind if movies aren't subtle with their ideas, but I feel like these ideas should be complimented by stunning imagery/cinematography. Imo this movie lacked that and felt unbalanced.

Another unbalanced aspect of that movie was the way it blended comedy and drama. I feel that in most well done comedic dramas, both comedy and drama are always coupled together, but in synedoche new York they were almost always seperate. IDK Mabey I just didn't find the humor that funny and it just made the more emotional parts less impactful. I feel like this is more a problem with specifically "quirky" movies.

All in all I thought it was an alright movie, but I think my expectations were to high. Based on the plot of the movie and how people talked about it, I was expecting a movie like once upon a time in America. I don't regret watching it, but at the same time, I don't understand why it's praised so much.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.