[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT post /tv/ characters' favorite books. I'll start

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: Dublin-Dubliners-James-Joyce.jpg (232KB, 873x1142px) Image search: [Google]
Dublin-Dubliners-James-Joyce.jpg
232KB, 873x1142px
ITT post /tv/ characters' favorite books.

I'll start with Patrick Bateman.
>>
Patrick Bateman has nothing to do with Dubliners. Also, James Joyce is fucking garbage. Rick Rahl would choose Atlas Shrugged, to answer your question.

Your question is complete garbage though.
>>
File: doublesguy.jpg (12KB, 248x249px) Image search: [Google]
doublesguy.jpg
12KB, 248x249px
>>82098423
I admit I've never seen the movie. I just assumed from posts on this website that he is obsessed with getting Dubliners.
>>
>>82098489
Do-hoh now i get it. top post top post

how about this one as well
>>
>>82099160
Very nice.
>>
>>82098423
>James Joyce is fucking garbage
[spolier]highschooler
>>
>>82098337

Bateman's favorite book is actually Farewell to Arms by Hemingway. If you read American Psycho he actually says it.
>>
>>82099196
highschoolers are the only ones who unironically pretend to enjoy Joyce
>>
I understand that this is a joke thread, but what would Patrick Bateman's favourite book be? I would probably go with something like....The Prince of Tides
>>
>>82099233
Checked.
>>
>>82099233
True that.
>>
>>82099270
>>82099231
>>
>>82099233
>Highschoolers are the only ones who unironically pretend to enjoy *one of the most widely praised authors of the 20th century*

Great opinion dude
>>
>>82099196
The Dead is arguably the best short story in all of English literature and one of my personal favorites.
>>
>>82099233
>Yes, the newspapers were right: snow was general all over Ireland. It was falling softly upon the Bog of Allen and, further westwards, softly falling into the dark mutinous Shannon waves. It was falling too upon every part of the lonely churchyard where Michael Furey lay buried. It lay thickly drifted on the crooked crosses and headstones, on the spears of the little gate, on the barren thorns. His soul swooned slowly as he heard the snow falling faintly through the universe and faintly falling, like the descent of their last end, upon all the living and the dead.

Joyce isn't a good wri-
>>
Novel A:
He kissed the plump mellow yellow smellow melons of her rump, on each plump melonous hemisphere, in their mellow yellow furrow, with obscure prolonged provocative melonsmellonous osculation.

The visible signs of postsatisfaction?

A silent contemplation: a tentative velation: a gradual abasement: a solicitous aversion: a proximate erection.

Novel B:
She sat listening to the music. It was a symphony of triumph. The notes flowed up, they spoke of rising and they were the rising itself, they were the essence and the form of upward motion, they seemed to embody every human act and thought that had ascent as its motive. It was a sunburst of sound, breaking out of hiding and spreading open. It had the freedom of release and the tension of purpose. It swept space clean, and left nothing but the joy of an unobstructed effort. Only a faint echo within the sounds spoke of that from which the music had escaped, but spoke in laughing astonishment at the discovery that there was no ugliness or pain, and there never had had to be. It was the song of an immense deliverance.

Clearly, one of these novels is a stylistic masterpiece, and the other is trash. The fighting is over which is which.

Novel A is James Joyce's Ulysses, named best by a panel of "experts" at the Modern Library division of Random House.

Novel B is Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged, named best by the "unenlightened masses" who voted online in an Internet poll also conducted by Modern Library. Atlas Shrugged is leading by an even wider margin.)

The culture wars, correctly conceived, actually reflects the clash between the intellectual establishment and the American people.

Not giving (You)s this iteration. You have to earn it.
>>
>>82100058
>falling faintly through the universe and faintly falling
truly a literary master
>>
>>82098337
Rick Sanchez - the God Delusion
>>
File: 220px-UnderTheVolcano.jpg (25KB, 220x313px) Image search: [Google]
220px-UnderTheVolcano.jpg
25KB, 220x313px
Don Draper
>>
File: scholl.jpg (174KB, 500x854px) Image search: [Google]
scholl.jpg
174KB, 500x854px
>>82098337
Neytiris favorite book is the lorax. It's mentioned in the script.
It's also the only book she's ever been exposed too.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.