[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>He's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 7

>He's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector.
>A dark knight.

Is this the ONLY excusable title drop in cinema history? Even after watching this scene for a hounded times I've never experienced from it the repulsion other title drops gave me.
>>
The speech doesn't make any sense. Did Nolan write that or did Goyer?
>>
>>82097505
The only dark knight I need.
>>
>>82097664
Why doesn't it make sense fuck face?
>>
No I'm Tenacious D: The Pick of Destiny they name their band, "Tenacious D" and then later on find a pick literally called "The Pick of Destiny", so saying both of those titles in film were appropriate.
>>
>>82097505
>immediately retires.
Nolan is a hack.
>>
>>82097664
Yeah it really doesn't.
>>
>>82097505
>Welcome to Jurassic Park
>no problem, just Rush Hour
>I'm Batman
>"The amazing SPIDER-MAN"
>I mustve scared the living daylights out of her
>This is a quantum of solace

all of these were fine
>>
it certainly wasn't the cringefest that rogue one was
>>
>>82097726
Gotham deserves batman! (He is a retard like other gothamites),
but it really needs Superman or Spiderman.
The retards of gotham will attack him.
Then the end sentence contradicts the beginning....
>>
File: thepenisisbadthegunisgood.jpg (84KB, 1000x801px) Image search: [Google]
thepenisisbadthegunisgood.jpg
84KB, 1000x801px
>>82097505
>Welcome to The Rock.
>>
Memes aside, The Dark Knight Rises was a huge disappointment after this finale.

Having Batman retire for 8 years was a really stupid decision when he could have easily been doing his work while having to break more rules from the shadows.
>>
>>82097915
the entire movie is about how gotham needs harvey dent more than batman
>>
>>82097664
>He's the hero Gotham deserve
Batman is faithful to Gotham, he lives and die for it.

>but not the one it needs right now

They need something to believe, something that'll bring back their hopes in the city and the system, the Harvey Dent myth.

>So we'll hunt him
Batman is ready to sacrifice his reputation to save Harvey.

>Because he can take it
You got it right, he's a bad ass.

>Because he's not our hero
He isn't the idealization of justice, he's just man trying to wherever it's needed for the city

>He's a silent guardian
He didn't do things for the spotlight, he does things because it's needed

>a watchful protector
He only shows up when he's needed, but he's always vigilant

>A dark knight.
He wears blacks and only shows up at night.
>>
File: 1478541601300.png (136KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1478541601300.png
136KB, 250x250px
>>82097799
>>
>>82097816
>Welcome to Jurassic Park

Easily best name drop.
>>
>>82097664
>Bad script/dialogue
Nolan
>Bad plot
Goyer
>>
>>82097816
>Finally I've become Interstellar
>>
they ruined the franchise with the 3rd one, TDK would have been a cult classic if it wasn't tarnished by a shitty sequel
>>
>>82098945
Heath dying pretty much fucked tdkr
>>
>>82097988
Batman goes into hiding right after that scene, negating the entire speech.
>>
>>82099090
good thing tdkr is such irredeemable shit there's no reason to consider it canon
>>
>>82097505
>Let's hurry up and get home before we miss The King's Speech
>>
>>82098945
>cult classic
>made over a billion dollars
>>
>>82097816

>"This truly is Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace"

Easily one of my favs.
>>
>>82097505

I got up and walked out after that line
>>
>>82099119
Shit? This opinion seems to be shared by plebbit and /tv/, anyone who isn't part of those seems to enjoy it
>>
>>82099297
they enjoy it as disposable entertainment, not as cinema such as what BB or TDK is
>>
>>82099297
>Batman doesn't appear until 45 minutes in.
Naw it was complete shit.
>>
>Forget it Jake. It's Chinatown.

Walked out of the theatre right there.
>>
>>82099367
that's a pretty lame criticism
>>
>>82099432
why?
>>
>>82099367
batman appears in the first 5 minutes of batman and robin, that doesnt make it any less lame
>>
>>82099432
>The Dark Knight Rises
>Slowly
>>
>>82099345
BB isn't even viewed in the same light as TDK. BB and TDKR are pretty much on the same level

When people talk about TDK trilogy it's usually always Joker and shit and TDK. BB and TDKR come later in the discussion.
>>
>>82099367
even going by this, is superman 1978 crappy because Superman doesn't appear like an hour into the movie? (assuming you think Superman 1 is good)
>>
>>82099504
That's a batman you don't want to see vs one you want to. Try again.
>>
>>82099090
But that's the whole point, he take the blame off Harvey's legacy, then he's done because the city now hates him for being a lunatic murderer.

The city doesn't need Batman anymore because the Joker and Harvey (both as himself and as two-face) got ride of the Mafia. Now the city knows they can punish criminals based on the law (because of Harvey's legacy), and the city is free from the old Mob. Batman becomes obsolete in the (fake) future he and Gordon agreed would be better for Gotham than the truth.
>>
>>82099574
batman appears much sooner in batman v superman and everyone seems to cream over ben afflack, doesnt make the movie any better
>inb4 thats a mvoie you dont wanna see
whatever but your criticism is still shit
>>
>>82099563
Origin movie vs third in the trilogy. Not a valid comparison. Also it doesn't take that long for supes to appear I'm fairly sure.
>>
>>82099634
you said it yourself.
>>
>>82099219
>No post credits scene
I literally walked out of the theater after I saw that.
>>
>>82099682
>Origin movie vs third in the trilogy.

Expand on this.
>>
>>82099620
>Joker and Harvey gone
>Mafia gone
>Guess there's no more crime for 7 years.
And he was able to do it all in about what 1 year? Give me a break.
>>
>main character doesnt appear till 45 minutes
you faggots know bruce wayne and batman are the same person right?
>>
>>82099746
Not him, but the origin of any hero doesn't usually show the guy in full costume until after the first act, so it's forgivable. But by movie 2, the identity of said hero should already be established, so you don't need to show all that other shit to "build up" to seeing him in costume. And that goes double for movie 3.
>>
>>82099746
Origin movie you are building up to the super hero they are going to be and exploring their...orgin
Third movie he's already established as said hero.
That really didn't need further explanation but I'm feeling patient.
>>
>>82099777
Why, because you never see them both in the same room?
>>
>>82099777
>Not understanding that Bruce Wayme is just a mask.
You clearly know nothing about Batman you pleb.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fF9diKQ7jzs
>>
>>82099774
the nolans specifically set out to prove a character like batman couldn't last for very long.

Hes a genius billionaire obsessed with stopping crime who isn't afraid to do crazy shit. There shouldn't be any reason for gotham to not be spotless in about a year.

Then when he realizes his presence is causing the type of escalation that would require his continued and ceaseless effort, he bows out.

Good thing they canceled plans on that third movie though.
>>
>>82099898
bruce wayne in public is a facade you dumbass, are you so much of a dumbass that you think hes only batman when he has a mask on?
>>
>>82099390
underbuttered toast
>>
File: enough.gif (664KB, 255x192px) Image search: [Google]
enough.gif
664KB, 255x192px
>>82099924
>Gotham would stay spotless for 7 years
>Batman wouldn't still be out there kicking ass even if there were just purse snatchers in the streets.
Wew. You should read the Frank Miller source material which Nolan got so wrong.
>>
>>82099924
>Then when he realizes his presence is causing the type of escalation that would require his continued and ceaseless effort, he bows out.

I wish they made a bigger point about this, honestly. Gordon says something about how "we get guns, they get rifles, we get kevlar, they get bigger guns, and now we have masks, what's next?" or something to that effect, but I don't feel like Bane was effectively the solution to that, nor was Batman "dying", nor was Robin Blake taking over.
>>
>>82097505
CHILLS 2BH
>>
>>82099935
Because he did so crime fighting as bruce wayne in the first 45 minutes, dipshit.
>>
>>82100178
>he did so crime fighting as bruce wayne
>he did so
>calls others dipshits
and yeah he did, he was investigating anne hathaway's shit and later went to the doctor to get info from gordon
>>
>>82100096
the point was made better in TDK. TDKR added absolutely nothing new to the franchise and was just a weak reiteration of points made better by the first two movies.
>>
>>82100088
negro frank miller ain't the source of shit.

they got frank miller's TDK "so wrong" because they weren't adapting frank miller's TDK at all.
>>
File: typonotanargument.jpg (13KB, 255x188px) Image search: [Google]
typonotanargument.jpg
13KB, 255x188px
>>82100224
Wow that's some truly heroic stuff for the first 45 minutes of the movie. As expected of the Batman
>>
>>82100301
I was saying the TDKR. TDK is inspired from the long Halloween you dumb shit.
>>
>>82100537
>a hero always has to be doing heroic things
detective work is part of batmans character, hes a fucking detecive, he doesnt know shit from thin air, hes spending that time investigating.

but you seem to think he must be having some epic fight or car chase for him to actually be heroic
>>
>>82100562
TDKR had even less resemblance to anything frank miller ever wrote.
>>
>>82100635
>Talking to Gordon
>Talking to Ann Hatheway
Worlds greatest detective. Bravo Nolan. You wowed faggots like this pleeb.
>>
>>82100681
You obviously haven't read the dark knight.
>>
>>82100703
no ones saying the movie is good faggot, hes looking at the finger prints and figuring out why she took the shit and why she needs that bs id eraser shit
>>
>>82100742
Which is never even fully explained. Good thing they wasted the first half of the movie on that. Bravo Nolan. Almost as good as the second half where Bruce tries to climb out of a hole for what felt like hours. Something a 10 year old girl did on her first go yet somehow the Batman struggled with.
>>
>>82099898
I remember hearing from Mark Hamill that Conroy does his normal speaking voice with Batman and he puts on a posh accent when doing Bruce. At least with BTAS. Cool little detail.
>>
>>82097505
>"A dark knight."
>movie immediately ends
>THE DARK KNIGHT
Kino?
>>
>>82098945
What was with the ending anyways? Am I supposed to believe that Robin will be a good Batman? Does he even know how to operate any of the equipment? Does Caine's Alfred have any technical know-how?
>>
>>82097816
>The Fellowship of the Ring
>>
"I'll be there, hell or high water." was pretty good
>>
>>82097988
POTTERY
>>
>>82102706
>Am I supposed to believe that Robin will be a good Batman
Maybe, maybe not, it doesn't matter because he achieved what he always wanted to do - to inspire people to be the Batman, be the guardians of their own city. This young cop is probably the first one.
>Does he even know how to operate any of the equipment?
I'm sure Lucius Fox will help him.
>Does Caine's Alfred have any technical know-how?
What do you mean?
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.