[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was interested in The Americans until I heard it being compared,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: the-americans.jpg (200KB, 670x377px) Image search: [Google]
the-americans.jpg
200KB, 670x377px
I was interested in The Americans until I heard it being compared, positively, to Homeland.
Is it also pure 100% american propaganda like homieland? Or does it at least try to be nuanced?
>>
>>82093504
It's honestly pretty good, but like most shows, it partially relies on a sexual undercurrent and it can sometimes distract from the main plotline of the show.

I like it, but I have some gripes with it as well. It's a solid 7.5/10. There are things in there that are totally ridiculous and even unrealistic. For example, the Russian woman has a relationship with a black dude, has sexual relations with him before he's killed, etc. On the other hand, the Russian guy (her husband) gets to fuck several 9/10s and 10/10s.

I wish they kind of threw away the sexual element, but it's just a mainstay in current shows nowadays.
>>
>>82093504
It's a show about a man who lets himself be cucked for his country.

Philip is a true comrade.
>>
>>82093795
ok now I'm interested again.
>>
>>82093504
>Homeland
>American propaganda
Which Homeland were you watching?
Because the one I watched show managed to justify the actions of the bad guys in at least 4 seasons.
>>
>>82093795
So true, poor Phillip.
>>
>>82093504
homeland is a cheaper version of 24 and not even half as good.

the americans is a more "serious" version of alias except they're already married
>>
>>82093795
I would say it's a lot more fair.

Phillip gets to fuck some seriously hot broads, so it's 50/50. His wife is generally a slut, though. She doesn't even have to have sex with some of the guys.
>>
if you hate america get off this fucking site you loser
>>
I was concerned about this too OP, and I am mid-way through the first season. Things so far seem pretty good and have been "nuanced" thus far.

I worry about sex like >>82093724 mentions though, but occasional boobs and romance surrounded by good writing aint the worst.
>>
keri russell shows her ass like a pro in this show, none of that trickshot jump cut shit like some other people did.
>>
>>82093504
Homeland is garbage, The Americans is kino (serious).
>>
It's excellent, in a whole other league than Homeland, best series post-mad men along w/ lil pope

>>82093724
You've clearly seen like 3 episodes, and no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>82094157
never. :^)
>>
The Soviets were well known for using sex as part of their espionage program so it fits the show's topic well. We likely did the same.

>>82094293
And in most cases she's very matter of fact about it. There are billions of females on Earth so it's ridiculous when an individual one of them acts like their body is sacred and unique.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.