[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Old movie recommendation thread? Anything from 1900-1960 applies.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 11

Old movie recommendation thread? Anything from 1900-1960 applies.

Watched this gem yesterday and I totally recommend it:
>>
File: casablanca.10546.jpg (392KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
casablanca.10546.jpg
392KB, 1000x1500px
Pic related
>>
>>82088777
Laura.
And nice trips.
>>
File: images (3).jpg (28KB, 525x280px) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
28KB, 525x280px
Hatari
>>
File: images (4).jpg (31KB, 440x334px) Image search: [Google]
images (4).jpg
31KB, 440x334px
>>82089029
The crimson pirate.
>>
>>82088777
>>
STEEEENKING BADGES
>>
I strongly recommend "The Man Who Would Be King".
No other movie captures better what true comradery is.

Also Logan's Run is pretty good.
>>
Guys, how come /tv/ never mentions Laurel and Hardy?

Am I that old, or is it deemed "reddit" now?
>>
>>82089127

This actually sounds compelling. Will def check it out.
>>
>>82088777
Zorba the Greek

1964 but close enough

Also I watched 20k leagues under the sea (1954) last week, loved it
>>
>>82088777
>The Searchers
>Rear Window
>Veritigo
>Body Snatchers
>Streetcar named Desire
>Wild One
>>
<- - - - - This one.

The Bridge on The River Kwai and The Grapes Of Wrath are also absolutely fantastic. I've seen many, maaany pre-1960's movies and these three at the top of my list.
>>
File: Ace In The Hole.jpg (51KB, 550x800px) Image search: [Google]
Ace In The Hole.jpg
51KB, 550x800px
>>82089606

Forgot to include an image.
>>
>>82088777
The Searchers
>>
1962 but mutiny on the bounty, better than the 1930s version
>>
>>82089606

I'm bookmarking every movie posted here so I can go on a movie watching spree for the next days.

I found an imdb list with the 100 best noir films the other day and I've been going through that the past days.

One thing I notice about noir films is that you have to pay extreme attention to every name and every word uttered or you'll completely lose the plot.
>>
>>82089632
Thought that was David Moyes for a moment
>>
File: the thing from another world.jpg (85KB, 284x405px) Image search: [Google]
the thing from another world.jpg
85KB, 284x405px
I love The Thing so I gave this a shot. I'ts really good. I think I'm gonna watch The Fly (58) now.
>>
Out of the Past
>>
File: the-war-of-the-worlds-1953-bweb.jpg (651KB, 640x994px) Image search: [Google]
the-war-of-the-worlds-1953-bweb.jpg
651KB, 640x994px
>>82088777
This or King Kong '33 if you haven't seen it
>>
>>82090084
Yeah, the original The Day The Earth Stood Still is also a lot of fun.
>>
I've seen a lot of pre-1960 movies. There are only a very few that I'd actually qualify as being good. In other words, I can't just watch them normally like I would other movies. I have to watch them with the thought that they're supposed to be slightly corny, with very easy plots and canned acting.

For example, their "Say mister, what's the big idea, fella?" type of talking. Even though I enjoy watching them, I just can't take them serious. There are only a few handful that don't do that. Do you guys feel the same?
>>
>>82090447
I thought I would which is why I avoided black and white movies for a while. But thankfully I don't have this problem, and strongly disagree that there are few good movies pre-1960. It can be a little annoying, however, when you watch a movie that was original at the time but has later become cliched because other movies steal from it.
>>
>>82090447

People just used to sound and act like that back then, I don't think they deliberately made characters act hyperbolically. I personally enjoy older movies more because the characters are more animated/lively.
>>
>>82088777
Rebecca
Billy Wilder films.
>>
This is the most intelligent crime / mystery movie I've ever watched. Blows you away.
>>
I haven't seen very many movies, but this was definitely one that I enjoyed.
>>
>>82090899

Are you a woman? Just curious.
>>
>>82091066
No
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.