[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know Nolan chose Bane because he did not want comparisons with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: images.jpg (8KB, 197x256px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 197x256px
I know Nolan chose Bane because he did not want comparisons with the Joker but, he should have made four films. Fear. Chaos. Mind. Pain.

The Riddler would have been a great mysterious character who uses technology to conceal his true identity. Even cast big name actors to throw people off the identity of the Riddler.

Joker said to Batman, "You've changed things forever".

They had to continue with that.

Riddle-based death traps with random people.

Then the big reveal and it would also put Batman's detective skills to work.

Introduce Miranda Tate in this and John Blake as his love interest then for the fourth film, have Bane. Easy. Someone intellectually superior to Batman with the ability to hack into resources.

Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
The Dark Knight Falls
The Dark Knight Rises
>>
>and John Blake as his love interest
What did you mean by this anon?
>>
The Dark Knight Begins
The Dark Knight
The Dark Knight Falls
The Dark Knight Rises
>>
>>82068610

>Tate my bad.
>>
The Riddler would have worked pretty well. I imagine Nolan using him as a mix of Zodiac Killer and Saw.
>>
I've always wanted to see a live action Riddler done in the vein of Jigsaw. Was disappointed when Nolan never used him for his trilogy, felt like it was the only chance we'd get to see that sorta Riddler. Thankfully the Gotham series is doing just that.
>>
I can only imagine that Nolan was determined to have things come "full circle" by shoehorning Bane as a member of the League of Shadows along with Talia Al'Ghul. I also suspect that the Riddler character was purposely avoided due to Jim Carrey's wacky performance in Batman Forever establishing a precedent for the character to be a joke, but then again, that theory doesn't have much to answer for Nicholson's Joker.
>>
>>82069031
>Batman Forever establishing a precedent for the character to be a joke
And Bane wasn't completely fucking raped in Batman and Robin?
>>
>>82069055
I'm sorry anon, but I literally don't remember him being in that movie. I only remember Ivy and Freeze.

My memory of that movie is VERY dim. Only watched it once when I was very young.
>>
File: 1417820978442.gif (141KB, 287x344px) Image search: [Google]
1417820978442.gif
141KB, 287x344px
>>82068587
>Fear. Chaos. Mind. Pain.
>>
>>82069082
Bane in Batman & Robin makes Riddler in Batman Forever look like a faithful adaptation.
>>
File: image.jpg (52KB, 620x411px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 620x411px
>>82068744
And Guy Pearce could have done it! I see The Riddler as an extension of his roles from Memento, but maybe they thought it wouldn't play out so well. Even a $60M dollar Riddler movie would probably earn a gigantic amount of money.
>>
The eight-year skip on TDKR was a mistake, desu. And there's really nothing special about a "trilogy" so yeah they could've snuck a film or two in between.

I liked the first rumours that Tom Hardy had been hired to play Hugo Strange, who would help the Gotham PD figure out the identity of Batman while he operated as a wanted vigilante. Though Strange becomes obsessed with Batman and tries to replace him, perhaps another villain could be thrown into the mix. Riddler, or Zasz (who had a cameo in Begins, even).
>>
>>82068587
>Fear. Chaos. Mind. Pain.
Surely you can see that one of these is not like the others. "Mind" is not an innately negative concept.
>>
>>82068587
I honestly thought johnny depp as the riddler would have been great.
In a post joker city, depps riddler would be masterminding the manhunt for batman. He would be turning the people of gotham against the bat, putting the concepts of all the shit he could do to them in clear sight, etc.

imagine batman trying to take down a person who has turned the world against him, where the very people hes trying to save are reporting sightings of him or even trying to take him out themselves. He cant hide anywhere anymore because with so many eyes looking for him, it simply cant be done. And any failed move he makes against nigma would only strengthen his lies to gotham and villify batman more. "Oh, harvey tried to save the city and batman killed him. a brave soul like nigma stands up to fight against the injustice and batman tries to kill him too".
>>
>>82070686

Yes it can be. Mental health especially after Dawes death, Bruce struggling to keep his mind on the Riddler's level after such a tragedy.

Basically Riddler fucks with his mind.
>>
>>82072046
Yes, it can be. But it is not innately.
Fear is unpleasant. So is chaos. So is pain.
Mind can be.
You must see the difference.

I understand what you're saying, I'm just telling you that you need to consider a better word to embody what you're talking about.
Insanity, maybe. Madness. Etc.
>>
The Dark Knight IS The Dark Knight Falls

That was the point of the ending.

Did you marathon the movie?
>>
>>82072107

I know but they are all four letter words and I'd gather the theme would understood from "Mind" better as a lot of mindgames does go on.

The Dark Knight isn't Falls

The Dark Knight is Batman BECOMING The Dark Knight as opposed to Dent's "White Knight"

Now, a real Falls would have Bruce lose to the Riddler at the end, or have his lies exposed. Maybe he has won the battle, but lost the fight for Gotham's soul.

Rises - is him, overcoming Bane who strikes when Bruce is weak and overcoming EVERYTHING.
>>
>>82069055
>>82069254
>talking shit about Batman & Robin
it's better than any nolan movie
Batman & Robin and Batman Forever are the absolute best batman movies to this day
>>
>>82072222
>they are all four letter words
>chaos

And no, again, the theme will not be understood as well from "mind", because "mind" doesn't always mean bad.
You need a word that's always bad.
>>
Considering how silly nolans last film ended up, they might as well got him carrey back from some full blown camp riddler kino contrasted against the gruff serious batman. Would have been fun
>>
>>82072222
>I know but they are all four letter words
>chaos
>four letter word
>>
>>82068587
For you
>>
File: 1415525530982.jpg (78KB, 720x567px) Image search: [Google]
1415525530982.jpg
78KB, 720x567px
I always had an idea for a five movie batman franchise using his lesser known villains and bringing them into the spot light

batman 1 - killer moth
batman 2 - riddler
batman 3 - zsasz/mat hatter
batman 4 - Great white shark/black mask
batman 5 - hush
>>
>>82072851
Five is a little crazy but if we're going to play this game:
1 - Deathstroke / Deadshot / Red Hood (Joker)
2 - Deadshot / Riddler / Joker
3 - Zsasz / Ra's al Ghul / Two-Face
4 - Bane / Hush / Joker
5 - Mutant Leader / Joker / Superman
>>
>>82072266
t. Joel
>>
>>82068587
>>82068587
>A decent, original post on /tv/

well done
>>
File: 12cc6c29e03d36b03fcd0ec1fceb46a3.jpg (206KB, 1600x1201px) Image search: [Google]
12cc6c29e03d36b03fcd0ec1fceb46a3.jpg
206KB, 1600x1201px
>>82068587
Nolan ""chose"" Bane because Heath offed himself after TDK. The movies would have made so much more sense with Joker in both TDK and TDKR.
>>
>>82072851
>>82074558
>zsasz
kill yourself
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.