[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You have 10 seconds to explain why this show is bad without saying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 23

File: rm.png (768KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
rm.png
768KB, 1920x1080px
You have 10 seconds to explain why this show is bad without saying "reddit", "God's not real" or any derivative of those two.
>>
File: 1481348021090.jpg (139KB, 833x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1481348021090.jpg
139KB, 833x1000px
>>
Normies like it so I don't
>>
File: 1492703939489.jpg (225KB, 677x882px) Image search: [Google]
1492703939489.jpg
225KB, 677x882px
GOD'S NOT *buuuurrrrppppp* REAL MEMETY
>>
>>82067582
>BUUURRPPPPP
>God's not real, morty
Fuck off, reddit.
>>
>>82067600
>>82067616
You lose
>>
Reddit
>>
>>82067582
The show is good, it's fans are gay.
Overrated as shit.
>>
>>82067600
What happened with reddit and kinoposting? How did they steal it?
>>
>>82067582
Leddit
>>
>>82067582
Its a fucking cartoon
Grow the fuck up
>>
*BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURP* L-LISTEN MORTY GOD ISN’T, GOD ISN’T *BUUUUUUURP* REAL M-MORTY, YOU KNOW ALL CHRISTIANS ARE, ARE STUPID MORTY *BUUUUUURRRRRRRRP* REAL MORONS MORTY, CHRISTIANTY IS JUST A, JUST A *BUUUUURRRRRP* COPING MECHANISM FOR LIFE MORTY *BUUURRRRRRRRRRRRP* NO ONE EXISTS FOR A REASON M-MORTY *BUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRP* THERE IS NO H-HEAVEN OR HELL MORTY, DO WHATEVER, DO WHATEVE *BUUUUUUURRRRRRRP* YOU WANT. AND FUCK REPUBLICANS TOO MORTY *BUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRP* T-THEY’RE BASICALLY NAZIS MORTY *BUUUUUUUUUURP* B-BASICALLY NAZIS, RACIST, RACIST SCUM MORTY *BUUUUUUURP* GOTTA GET THAT, G-GOTTA GET THAT MULAN SAUCE MORTY *BUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRPPPPPPPP* GOTTA GET IT MORTY, THAT’S A-ALL THAT MATTERS MORTY IS THAT *BUUUUUUUUUURP* IS THAT M-MULAN SAUCE *BUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRP* THAT SZECHUAN S-SAUCE MORTY *BUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRP* LOOK M-MORTY LOOK I’M *BUUUUUURRRRRPPPP* A MULAN SAUCE, A MULAN *BUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRP* SAUCE PACKAGE M-MORTY I’M *BUUUURRRRRRRP* MULAN SAUCE RICK, I’M MULAN SAUCE R-RICK *BUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRP* MORTY GOTTA, G-GOTTA GET *BUUUUURRRRRRRRRPPPPPPPPPP* SHWIFTY MORTY, GOTTA GET SHWIFTY IN *BUUURRRRRP* HERE MORTY, G-GOTTA *BUUUUURP* SHIT ON THE FLOOR, S-SHIT ON THE FLOOR *BUUUUUURRRRRRP* MORTY SHIT ON THE F-FLOOR *BUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRPPPPPPP* WUBBA-LUBBA-DUB-*BUUUUURP*-DUB M-MORTY SHIT ON THE *BUUUUUUUUUUUURP* FLOOR MORTY *BUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRP* LIFE IS MEANINGLESS, M-MEANINGLESS *BUUUUUURRRRRRRP* MORTY THERE’S NO P-POINT TO ANYTHING *BUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRP* THERE ARE NO GODS M-MORTY *BUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRP* NIHILISM MORTY *BUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRP* THE SOONER YOU U-UNDERSTAND IT THE *BUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRPPPPP* THE BETTER MORTY *BUUUUUUURRRRRRRP* I WANNA BANG YOUR SISTER MORTY *BUUUUUURRRRP* I W-WANNA BANG *BUUUUUUURRRRRP* YOUR SISTER *BUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRP* MR POOPIE BUTT M-MORTY *BUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRP* WUBBA-LUBBA-DUB-DUB GOTTA GET SHWIFTY *BUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRP* MR POOPIE BUTT *BUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRP* SHIT ON THE FLOOR *BUUUUUUUUUUURP*
>>
>>82067582
its not funny
>>
>>82067582
Low brow humor, it panders to the lowest common denominators with its FUCK YEAH SCIENCE!XXDD humor, has typical liberal agenda pushing episodes. LE IT'S OKAY TO PUNCH NAZIS! LOL!, and the lolsorandum shit is probably the worst "GET SCHWIFTY!"
What do I win?
>>
>>82067646
So is The Simpsons and it was objectively the best sitcom ever in its golden age.
>>
>>82067653
I really really like this shitpost
>>
Its just capitalism exploiting the nihilism of new generations, and that goes against the same idea of nihilism. Basically its hipocrital comercial shit.
>>
>>82067582
Reddit's not *buuuurp* real Morty.
>>
Someone post the half baked nihilism and mind of a redditor pasta. While they may seem obnoxious; they're 100% accurate about the show
>>
>>82067638
They're spamming it like crazy now. Kino posting is now a reddit thing. Another meme ruined by redditards.
>>
>>82067686
>Being against nazis makes you part of the "liberal agenda"
You're too far gone now
>>
>>82067582
I enjoy the show but the fan base is starting to get incredibly obnoxious and its obviously turning people off of the show.
>>
>>82067691
>>82067706
Not really though. Most of the episodes are just wacky science fiction stories that are meant to be funny.
>>
>>82067723
It's okay to be against them, I'm against them but they support violence against people for just having political views.
>>
>>82067689
Lol no, take off your nostalgia goggles
>>
This Rick & Morty has to be the best animated series we've seen in years. Literally years. There's two scenes in this series that absolutely sent shivers down my spine. First when Rick buys Morty a sex robot that it turns out Morty can impregnate. I nearly pissed my pants with laughter at that one. #relatable #SoMe

The other one is how truly epic and remarkable the geniuses Dan Hamond and Justin Roiland showcases alienation. Rick and Morty only really have each other. Rick because he is a cynic and Morty because no one around him seems to really care about him or acknowledges him all that much. WUB-A-LUB-A-DUB-DUB Am I right? #SadbutFunny
>>
>>82067756
You realise the bit where they punched a skinhead was released almost three years before Richard Spencer got punched, right? Punching nazis wasn't some hot button political debate back then; it was just funny.
>>
>>82067791
Yeah, yeah they did it before it was cool, doesn't make it right.
>>
>>82067723
>nazis
>making strawmen out of your political opponents just because you can't live out your power fantasies and hate white people
>>
File: 1493188862823.jpg (54KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
1493188862823.jpg
54KB, 630x630px
LoL :D
>>
>>82067582

Every scene I've viewed, and that schwifty song, are aggravating you watch and just not funny.

The characters voices are grating.

The delivery of their lines seems to be pseudo unscripted ala Dr Katz Home Movies, but less natural sounding and therefore hollow and fake.
>>
You could probably find just as many instances of a Professor Farnsworth saying God's not real or criticising organised religion in Futurama, but thankfully that show predated reddit so I can enjoy it without incurring the wrath of you screeching autists.
>>
>>82067822
>every scene I've viewed
>every scene
>scene
If you haven't even bothered to watch a full episode then your opinion is invalid.
>>
>>82067582

I like the show, but many of the jokes are just not funny. Whenever they says several made up words to attempt to get you to laugh like the Plumbusus, or that ep where they have multi universe TV. That ep had so much potential as anything could be possible but none of the bits were funny.

Also whenever Rick breaks out in song, like that Rick Dance one; not funny at all and severely forced.
>>
God's not real though?
>>
>>82067804
Was it right when Rick built a theme park inside a homeless man, then blew him up to get his grandson out? Was it right when he sold a special gun to a murderer for hire? Consider whether those things made you as upset as when they punched a skinhead, and maybe you'll realize you're not being completely honest with yourself about your political views.
>>
>>82067791
Yeah, punching white people yeah!
>>
“Just to be clear, I’m not a professional ‘quote maker’. I’m just an atheist teenager who greatly values his intelligence and scientific fact over any silly fiction book written 3,500 years ago. This being said, I am open to any and all criticism.

‘In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.’"
>>
File: andy.jpg (58KB, 793x1024px) Image search: [Google]
andy.jpg
58KB, 793x1024px
>>82067878
>neo nazis
>white
>>
>people who like rick and morty
>prove me wrong

Retail workers in the 23-35 age group.
The kind of people who use "sick" as a descriptor for something they're excited about.
Infantilized men who are literally scared to think.
People that live paycheque-to-paycheque.
People who think that movies like The Avengers are major cinematic events and are looking for something to fill the gaps in between.
People who drink soda on a daily basis and think certain foods are 'manly'.
People who decribs N64 games as 'retro'
Men with low sex drives that have an obsession with remarking how attractive a certain actress is in the last movie they watched.
People who think more about which snacks they'll choose at the concession stand than which movie they're seeing.
People who use phrases like "I don't care what you do in the privacy of your own home but..." when asked about their opinions on homosexuals
People who wear dress shirts with prints and decals on them.
People who have never suffered and don't know what happiness feels like.
CIA agents doing dead drops.
Groups of sheltered 14 year-olds going to see their very first movie together without their parents accompanying them
People who comment on Facebook posts made by companies for the sake of marketing.
>>
>>82067858

How would any of my complaints be different after watching several scenes back to back?
>>
why don't you redditors like when your show is called reddit? i thought you were all nihilists anyways so shouldn't comments not even matter to you
>>
>>82067904
People who make a point of getting excited for something, but never participate in it once it happens.
People who own multiple video-games they bought at full retail price but never opened.
People who consider getting a blowjob as a treat or reward.
People who use words like "Bazooka"
People who have never travelled outside their own countries.
People who will happily use phrases like "I don't read" without a hint of shame.
Grown men who act grossed out when they see penises, whether they're genuinely bothered by male anatomy or they're scared of looking gay.
People who talk about drugs but have never used them.
People who refuse to watch a subtitled movie.
People who set their ringtone to the Transformers theme, even though they never watched it while growing up.
The guy who went to high school with Milla Jovovich, asked her out and was rejected but never got over it.
People who collect the commemorative cups that they give away at movies for upsizing your soda.
Couples who want to fuck in a cinema, are looking for a movie that will guarantee them an empty cinema but don't realise that the midday showing they're going to has exactly one neckbeard looking to see a movie in peace and quite.
People without hope, drive or vision looking to coast through life and scurry through the path of least existence as they look for any sort of stimulation that doesn't require any effort, be it mental or physical.
>>
>>82067877
You seriously can't tell when a writer is projecting his own opinions?
>>
>>82067899
>Greeks
>Trying to have a white nationalist party
Oh the irony
>>
season 3 out yet?
>>
>>82067927
Grown men who refuse to eat onions.
People who walked out of Inception feeling a profound sense of wonder, like they'd witnessed something beyond their comprehension.
People who have actually posted "A:10, V:10, thanks YIFY!"
People whose latent insecurities keep the clickbait business model alive and well.
People who punctuate sentence with "mother-fucking" to give emphasis to something.
People who have ever used the argument "Hey vegetarians, what are -these- for?!"
People who have never purchased meat from a local butcher.
People who drink scotch because they understand it to be a 'classy' drink
People who imagine themselves going on shooting sprees.
People who like to excuse their use of the word 'nigger' by saying "Well, there are niggers and then there's black people..."
People who have kept the same condom in their wallet so long it's expired
People who have never even been considered for a promotion
People who not only enjoyed Pacific Rim, but enjoyed it so much they went out and purchased merchandise and posters of it.
People who confuse sikhs with muslims.
People who are emotionally invested in AMC's The Walking Dead.
People who share IFLScience articles on Facebook.
People who denounce Twitter because they don't really understand it but they heard someone shitting on it.
Anyone who has ever ordered or made a 'McGangbang', especially if they've ordered it by name.
>>
>>82067904
>>82067927
This
>>
>>82067950
People who consider The Dark Knight to be a major philosophical influence on their life
People who do not groom their pubic hair
People who own "fantasy knives"
People who consider a meal to be insubstantial if there's no meat component to it
People who wear satin boxers
People who drink Monster energy drinks
People who immediately need to make a joke about burning bowel movements if you mention Indian or Mexican food.
Grown men who put gel in their hair and spike it up.
People who wear camo clothing.
People who had nerf gun fights after the age of 7.
People who know everything about big v8 cars and Harley davidsons yet have never driven/ owned one.
People who talk themselves up when fishing but don't like baiting their own hook.
People who will turn down a free cold beer at a party because ''its not their brand''
>>
>>82067638
>How did they steal it?
it always was reddit m8
>>
>>82067971
People who would put flames on a muscle car if they ever owned one
People who wear baggy/ loose 3/4 cargo shorts
People who will meet a girl once and fantasize about an entire life with that girl.
People that get black out drunk with one friend at home and call it a ''wild night''
Grown men who talk about all the hot bitches they've been with or hooked up with, yet they have a fat girlfriend/wife
People who lost their virginity to a drunk ugly/ fat girl at 4am at the last high school party
People who have never hosted a party which had more than 10 people attend
People who wear t shirts with skulls and or flames on them
People who think a meal at a buffet style restaurant is a classy/ fancy meal
People who wear shaded safety glasses as regular sunglasses
People who wear skate shoes
People who have strong political views that often cross over and don't make sense
People who make mum jokes
People who actually laugh out loud at mum jokes
>>
>>82067936
The opinion is literally "Nazis are bad" as part of a montage of Summer and Rick beating up a collection of easy targets who they don't like. The point is not that the beatings are actually okay, but that they're cathartic. Rick has a very skewed sense of morality. This is a constant throughout the show. So why is it when a Nazi is the victim, suddenly it's some big offense?
>>
>>82067986
Men that think they are hard yet go to comicon and other nerdy things
People who enjoy movies and say nothing about it but ''it was awesome the (car chase, action, fight scenes) were awesome''
People who post RIP on facebook when a celebrity dies
Men who think they are in charge of the relationship but are under the thumb 24/7
People who played a sport as a kid and constantly talks about how they could have gone pro if it wasn't for somthing out of their control
Men who want the family life like they see in romantic comedies but would be shit with kids
Men who talk about the time they fucked a stripper/ prostitute and think its a massive deal
Men that constantly compare their sex life to yours only when they are getting somthing and will put you down if youre not getting anything.
People who keep count of the number of drinks they've had by ''standard drinks'' not simply how many bottles/ cans/ glasses they've had
>>
>>82067998
This. They also beat up a school bully, a Westboro Baptist Church member and a mean dog owner. But of course only the nazi triggers people.
>>
I watched two episodes and there were too many burp jokes, constant ranting about god, some fart thing, and trying to be deep but actually cringey

It's not for me
>>
>>82067937
Its a nationalist greek party you fucking idiot. We dont give a fuck what the rest of the world calls us
>>
File: 1493109566392.gif (948KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1493109566392.gif
948KB, 200x200px
>>82068050
>Greeks
>Racial purity
Goodbye sides
>>
>>82067904
>>82067927
>>82067950
>>82067971
>>82067986
>>82068006
Bad news, people:

Watching Fight Club does not make you a Philosopher.
Purchasing a guitar does not make you a musician.
Reading Kafka does not make you a literati.
Going to college does not make you a scholar.
Owning a skateboard does not make you an athlete.
Owning a jersey does not mean you are on the team.
Having a full address book does not mean you have friends.
Knowing a large volume of facts does not mean you are intelligent.
Getting laid does not mean you have life experience.
You are not a more popular person for wearing designer clothes.
You are not an important, creative individual for refusing to do so.
You are not a charity case because you have suffered.
You are not stable or healthy because you have not.
Listening to Mozart and rejecting My Chemical Romance does not mean you are cultured.
Watching Quentin Tarantino and not Michael Bay does not mean you are cultured.
Painting a picture instead of playing a videogame does not mean you are cultured.
Reading the book before you see the movie does not mean you are cultured.
Going to Church does not make you Religious.
Not going to Church does not make you spiritual.
Having an opinion does not mean you cannot be wrong.
Being right does not mean anyone cares.
Reciting MadTV and Dane Cook does not mean you are funny.
Not finding these things funny does not mean you have a sense of humour.
Poor artists are not automatically better than successful ones.
Technically skilled artists are not automatically good ones.
Memetics is not the study of jokes on the internet.
No one is impressed that you watch anime in subtitled Japanese.
No one is impressed that you won't watch anime.
No one is impressed that you have a date tonight.
No one is impressed that you have a car.
No one is impressed that you have a job.
No one is impressed that you pay the bills all by yourself.
No one is impressed that you're older, and no one thinks you wiser.
>>
>>82068107
Doing drugs doesn't make you a badass.
Stealing doesn't make you a badass.
Speaking out against authority doesn't make you a badass.
Fighting the system doesn't make you a badass.
Voting Democrat does not mean you are forward-thinking.
Voting Republican does not mean you're willing to stand on principle despite your peers.
You aren't clever because your T-Shirt is.
You aren't clever because you know more about the scene.
You aren't clever because you crack wise about politicians and talking heads.
Using a Mac doesn't make you creative.
Using Linux doesn't make you productive.
Using Firefox doesn't make you computer savvy.
Arguing about videogames is not important.
Arguing about politics is no more important than arguing about videogames.
Making your computer, your car, your stereo, or anything else you own bigger, faster, or better does not make your dick larger.
Your dick isn't as large as you think it is.
You're not a better person for being tolerant and compassionate.

Your suggestion is duly noted, and it will be ignored.
You're totally irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.
The grand scheme of things is totally irrelevant.
I just thought you ought to know.
>>
>>82067582
>burp, fart, schwifty
>reddit cums in it's pants
>>
>>82068082
Where are you from? Probably a barbaric shithole that got the taste of tiny italic imperialist cock
You know nothing of Greeks
>>
>>82067927
>>82067950
>>82067971
>>82067986
>>82067998
>>82068006
>>82068107
>>82068117
Reddit: the pasta
>>
>>82068139
whats the matter pal?
did one of us strike a nerve?
im gonna assume youre this guy
>People whose latent insecurities keep the clickbait business model alive and well.
>>
>>82068126
It doesn't matter, what matters is you think Greece matters, or should talk about nationalist when they're a mixbowl of every kind of country.

Pay your debts
>>
>>82068180
>pay your debts
Jew detected
>>
>>82067812
Don't you guys worship the nazis though
>>
>>82068044
i literally watched season 1 and 2 twice and only remember 2 phrases about god.My god middle class americans are so retards.fuck god and fuck man and fuck rick and morty too for that matter.
>>
>>82068174
It's a long list. At least one of these things is going to have applied to anyone who reads this at one point in their life.
>>
>>82068174
>literally can't criticize your shitty pasta

nice gambit there, who even wrote all that shit honestly? people in the thread about a shitty reddit show who dedicated way too much effort into bumping the thread
>>
>>82068199
Can't wait for the more civilized parts of europe to get out of EU so you will go turn into a eastern european hellhole like the rest of the surround contries to you
>>
>>82068208
Go back to R eddit faggot
>>
>>82068220
>>82068237
yes but I assume (You) currently match up to about 20 things on the list.
>>
>>82068239
Wow you really seem to hate Greece
Jeez I wonder who could be behind this post?
>>
>>82068259
why write 15 paragraphs when you can just call something reddit, waste of time
>>
>>82068271
Enjoy leeching of the EU while you can
>>
>>82068174
man i feel i cant relate to the most things you ve written down either in a positive or in a negative way.if we are not from US we cant simply fuckin talk in that way,let alone think in such perspective.If you referenced a prom dance u could be a little less american.stop being so short-sighted
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (108KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
108KB, 1280x720px
N-nothing matters M-Morty*BURPPPPPP*
>>
It's Reddit as fuck
>>
>>82067912
Because then it makes sense in context? Damn anon this isn't hard
>>
>>82067582
Try hard, edgy humor for normies.
>>
/tv/ is full of Jerrys.
>>
>>82067878

>I am outraged when a casting decision in a movie or video game isn't given to a white man by default, but a throwaway victim character happening to be white is triggering.

Interesting
>>
>>82068174
>if someone thinks my list is silly they must be on it! ex-deeeeee
what did he mean by this
>>
>>82068299
looks like I found this guy
>People who have never suffered and don't know what happiness feels like.
or are you this guy/
>Infantilized men who are literally scared to think.
>>
>>82068297
No I am not enjoying it all
Also you have a very very bad understanding of the situation, probably eat up whatever the media is telling you
We want OUT of the EU and we want leftists OUT too
>>
>>82068372
>he memorized the list

kek, now that's reddit
>>
>>82067582
The S03E01 reveal that getting captured was actually Rick's big plan and he was never in any real danger renders the sacrifice he makes at the end of season 3 meaningless. They sacrificed a season's worth of character development for a joke.
>>
>>82068374
Well good thing then, since we think alike, gotta sort out the bad seeds first.
So what is the plan?
>>
>>82068372
i am talking about your lists of people,which amounts to nazi selection,that are obsolete in ther other society othen than your own.doesn't mean that you are wrong but flesh it out more properly cause you are writing in a global internet forum and not to your fellow american college dwellers.never change
>>
>>82068374
While the EU(mostly Germany) does deserve blame for the crisis in Greece, a lot of it is your own fault. Greece never modernized their economy or actually build shit and the country is full of corrupt politicians(like every other Southern European cunt)
>>
>>82068399
>hurr I dont know how to scroll up and copy past things.
moron

>>82068442
its an american website deal with it.
>>
>>82068374
shut up fascist retard
>>
Honestly who even gives a shit about this show? It's fun when it's just adventure of the week rick and morty goes to a different dimension.

These constant threads is what's annoying, the show really doesn't need or deserve this many threads.
>>
>>82067582
It's certainly not bad, it's just not that funny to me. I can count on one hand the amount of times I've laughed out loud while watching it. If anything, I watch it for the universe they've built around the characters, not because it's funny.
>>
>>82068446
That is because we used to have a lot of factories here from Northern Europe but they moved those to Asia
Our biggest fault is electing commies and the rich devils here not paying taxes
Regular people here have to work more than 2 jobs atm, look up stastics, only South-Korea works more hours
>>82068459
Shut the fuck up you weakling
>>
>>82068442
sorry next time i 'll write in my mothertongue.
kαι παλι ερχομενον μετα δοξης kριναι ζωντας kαι νεkρους ου της βασιλειας ουk εστι τελος
>>
>>82067582
I, like most of us here, don't get many of the jokes.

Most of the satire goes right over my head, so I call it reddit because everyone else does XD
>>
>>82068524
>implying

there isn't a single well-made or clever joke in the show, it's all just pop-culture references or in-jokes.
>>
>>82068511
Exactly, I don't know why people on /tv/ waste so much energy and time obsessing over this show. I think R&M is mediocre as fuck, that's the opinion I hold and realize the humor just isn't for me and that's that. What's the point of calling it "Reddit" a million times, it doesn't accomplish anything. The show will still come on and its fanbase will love it. There's no point on focusing on it
>>
>>82068578
*in
>>
>>82067582
I stopped posting on this board around August last year because I was tired of the constant Rick and Morty threads and the endless Reddit witch hunt. So I decided I would take a break. Now I pop in every two months or so to see if you guys are finally done memeing the shit out of R&M yet. Here I am today for the first time since like January or so, and this is the first thread I see.

I'm curious to see how many years it will take to finally be over.
>>
>>82067877
>Was it right when Rick built a theme park inside a homeless man, then blew him up to get his grandson out? Was it right when he sold a special gun to a murderer for hire?
holy shit why am i watching a show about this hitler-tier person
>>
>>82067582
The show is enjoyable. However, the feelings of crippling embarrasment I get when anyone starts quoting "muh china sauce" or "muh wabba dabba doo" makes me resent its existence.
>>
>>82067582
Reddit its Reddit you are Reddit I hate Reddit kill yourself Reddit.
>>
>>82068239
>you will go turn into a eastern european hellhole
So shitskins will go back home and crime rates will drop?
>>
>>82067582
Stop posting about it
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-04-25-12h29m16s475.png (1MB, 1488x1090px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-04-25-12h29m16s475.png
1MB, 1488x1090px
>>82067781
>First when Rick buys Morty a sex robot that it turns out Morty can impregnate.
What episode?
>>
While R&M may actually be making fun of the stuff that /tvpol/ hates, that doesn't automatically make it good. This is just my personal opinion though, I always hated meta and overly satirical humor(biggest reason why I hated deadpool). Harmon doesn't come off as a hidden genius, he's comes off as a disingenuous hack. Dude I'm being retarded on purpose, it's just satire, it's actually really deep and smart Lmao. It's this type of attitude of the show that pisses me off. Same thing with making all these forced pop culture references and hamfisted overly nihilistic moments. It doesn't handle concept of nihilism with any subtlety, unlike the sopranos.
>>
>>82068654
>holy shit why am i watching a show about this hitler-tier person
You're not, you're just shitposting about it online. If you had watched the show, you wold realize that Rick is an awful person, and is acknowledged as such in the narrative many times. Any Redditors that take Rick's philosophy as something to emulate at face value are missing the main points of the show. And people on 4chan that are taking Rick's statements at face value as the voice of the creators and criticizing it based on that are similarly missing the larger context.
>>
gods not reddit real reddit
>>
>>82068705
>>
>>82068733
Raising Gazorpazorp
>>
>>82068822
>If you had watched the show, you wold realize that Rick is an awful person, and is acknowledged as such in the narrative many times.
rick is acknowledged as being a toxic influence on the family, but no one points out that he's literally pure evil

like he gets arrested and the family is like "he's such a bad person" and not "he's comitted numerous acts of genocide"
>And people on 4chan that are taking Rick's statements at face value as the voice of the creators and criticizing it based on that are similarly missing the larger context.
what context, you can't present someone punching nazis as doing a good thing when he's worse than the fucking nazis
>>
>>82068937
>but no one points out that he's literally pure evil
Morty has on several occasions.
>You're a monster! You're like Hitler, but even Hitler cared about Germany or something!
>Rick's not a hero. He's more like a demon or some kind of fucked up God
Even the devil acknowledged it
>I may be the devil, but your Grandpa Rick is THE DEVIL.
>>
how to make a rick and morty episode:

1. steal a plot from a semi-obscure sci-fi movie
2. add burps, quips, pop culture refrences, improv and nods to nihilism
3. animate it by a team of chimpanzees
4. upload to reddit
5. PROFIT
>>
>>82069059
ok so why the fuck does someone who is worse than hitler get his own tv show and why is no one in the media talking about it

it's as if this was a show about hitler and the holocaust happens and people just say "wow hitler you're a monster" and nothing else happens, like he doesn't kill himself or anything and hitler makes a wacky remark

there's this utter moral disconnect on these liberal adult swim tv shows where you have nazi punching done by a guy worse than hitler
>>
>>82069133
Hitler wasn't funny though
>>
>>82069186
>implying Reddit and MEmey is funny
oh yeah le BURP REDDIT ATHeism show is sooo much better and funnier than some good family friendly good hearted redpilling
>>
>>82067582
I have as much time as I want, faggot.
>>
>>82069133
Because it's an Adult Swim cartoon. This is par for the course for them, and I'm surprised you're this surprised about the portrayal of a character who's an awful person. And who gave you the idea Rick and Morty was "liberal"? Just because certain characters in the show take some easy shots at a couple of far-right targets that are almost universally hated like the WBC and neo-nazis to get a couple of laughs, that doesn't mean the show leans left. It just means Nazis on the internet need to grow thicker skin and come to terms with how the rest of the world sees them.
>>
>>82069186
so if hitler was funny then the holocaust would be okay? reddit and memey and shows like it are the reason why anime nazis exist
>>
File: Abradolf Lincler.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Abradolf Lincler.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>82069186
If you mix Hitler with Abraham Lincoln, is it funny?
>>
>>82069262
t. Literal redditor
>>
>>82069302
And you've run out of arguments. Well, it was fun while it lasted.
>>
A friend of mine can't watch it because he doesn't like the conversation style between Rick and morty, which of course is 75% of the show
>>
>>82067653
I thought you were trying to prove its bad?
>>
File: UL8gyZi.jpg (31KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
UL8gyZi.jpg
31KB, 630x630px
>>82067582
It's not, it's awesome. I'm tiny riiiiick motha fucka yaaaa tiny rick!
>>
>>82069302
not me
>>82069262
>Because it's an Adult Swim cartoon. This is par for the course for them, and I'm surprised you're this surprised about the portrayal of a character who's an awful person.
yes and it's obscene
> And who gave you the idea Rick and Morty was "liberal"? Just because certain characters in the show take some easy shots at a couple of far-right targets that are almost universally hated like the WBC and neo-nazis to get a couple of laughs, that doesn't mean the show leans left.
because only liberal hippies think that genocide counts as entertainment
> It just means Nazis on the internet need to grow thicker skin and come to terms with how the rest of the world sees them.
but rick is worse than the nazis for fuck's sake, that's the point
>genocidal thugs get punched by genocidal thugs
wow thanks hippies
>>
>>82069387
Yaass!
>>
>>82067822
>are aggravating

You have autism.
>>
File: rick_and_morty__summer.png (129KB, 622x350px) Image search: [Google]
rick_and_morty__summer.png
129KB, 622x350px
Season 1 of Rick and Morty is really great though, I recommend everyone at least watch for free a few episodes before trusting the opinion of /tv/

/tv/ is always wrong
>>
>>82069393
>yes and it's obscene
>because only liberal hippies think that genocide counts as entertainment
Please, for all our sakes, go back to tumblr.
>>
>>82069576
tumblr would consider "liberal hippie" to be a mark of pride you amoral lunatic

if you can't see anything wrong with a show where the main character is worse than hitler and the most he gets called out for it is when they say "wow rick you're sure like hitler" as a throwaway line, but apparently the WORST thing about him is that he's a bad influence on the family (multiple instances of dialogue about that) then youneed to go fuck yourself with your amoral nietzschean values system
>>
>*BURRRP* REDDIT'S NOT REAL MORTY!

What did Pickle Rickle mean by this?!
>>
>>82068117
>>82068107
>>82067986
>>82067971
>>82067950
>>82067927
>>82067904
Have some (you)'s on me because i want everybody to know how pretentious you are
>>
>>82069642
>tumblr would consider "liberal hippie" to be a mark of pride you amoral lunatic
Doesn't matter. With all you're "oh it's obscene" and "oh genocide? You can't make a joke about that!" You literally sound like someone who doesn't belong on this site and needs a safe space.
>>
Putting aside all character issues or political undertones, one can argue against anything being an issue with this show. One could argue that the artstyle is flat and the characters have weird shaped faces. One could say that the conversations between Rick and Morty are one-sided and grating.

There's an infinite number of ways someone can insult something. However, this thread is designed for more political/religious discourse that never goes further than telling each other to go back to tumblr/pol/reddit.

It's an anonymous image board for christ sakes, if you guys wanted to argue, you could use salient points and nobody would know it was you.

But instead it's turned into both sides "Baiting" the other party like we're stuck in 2014.
>>
>>82069713
>With all you're "oh it's obscene" and "oh genocide? You can't make a joke about that!"
what the fuck are you talking about, it's not even treated as a joke, they just show the genocide happening and morty says "rick you just killed people you're hitler" and rick says "wub a lubbba dub dub mulan sauce", the genocide isn't the joke

tim heidecker is going on about "punching nazis" and violating principles his country was built on while his network shows a character who is worse than hitler and the most he gets punished is that he feels bad or others call him hitler
>>
>>82069739
fuck off cuck boy
>>
>>82069779
> they just show the genocide happening and morty says "rick you just killed people you're hitler" and rick says "wub a lubbba dub dub mulan sauce", the genocide isn't the joke
Who are you expecting to convince with situations that aren't even in the show because you just made them up? You're becoming more incoherent with every post, and you still sound like someone with far too many many things you think are "off limits" to fit in on 4chan.
>>
You guys do know that in the R&M universe God actually is real right? You guys are aware that is canon?
>>
>>82068609
If anything it's going to get worse
>>
>>82067582
Rick and Morty is a show genetically engineered to appeal to imdbspawn /v/edditors with no sense of sophistication who laud meme dialog, which supports upvote groupthink mentality and meme voice-acting with a good movie pandering reddit tier post-capeshit "entertainment" sensibilities and a meme aesthetic. This is a comedy at best and is rightfully deemed as pleb trash every time it gets brought up on /tv/
>>
>>82069959
I mean, we haven't seen him so far, but the devil is real, and he references Hell, so it's most likely that god and heaven are real in that universe.
>>
>>82069937
>Who are you expecting to convince with situations that aren't even in the show because you just made them up?
i'm not trying to convince you, i'm trying to point out that you're an amoral psychopath

what really happens is that after an episode where rick murders his way though swaths of people, morty doesn't bring it up because he doesn't know about it then rick talks about mulan sauce
>you still sound like someone with far too many many things you think are "off limits" to fit in on 4chan.
shut the fuck up kid, i'm talking about a mainstream tv show not 4chan, you want to make genocide jokes on 4chan then whatever go for it
>>
>>82070011
THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>82070011
>meme dialog
Has there ever been a more meaningless criticism of anything than this?
>>
>>82067582
I watched the pilot and laughed once. My roommate made me watch it because the advertisements didn't really interest me.
I hated the drooling and the burping. There was one scene in the pilot which felt as if it went for around thirty seconds that was literally just Rick drooling and then sucking the drool back up and then letting it hang back down and then sucking it back up. Really stupid, bottom-of-the-barrel toilet-humour. I didn't find it entertaining at all.
Like I said, I laughed once. I think it was when someone who was frozen is pushed over and shatters, and a schoolgirl sees it and screams. It was right at the end of the episode from memory. And even then that's not a particularly intelligent joke, I think it was just a nice reprieve from all of the drool/burp gags.

At his insistence, I watched episodes 2 and 3 as well before finally putting my foot down and saying I wasn't going to watch any more. The only thing I found even slightly clever about those two episodes was that in one of them it was obviously a parody of a Nightmare on Elm Street and I liked that they had a subtle song to the same tune as the song in the films as they're being chased.

It's just not a particularly intelligent or funny show. My roommate is right now at this moment, because I'm typing this, telling me that I need to watch the entire first season before I can decide that it's shit, but I find that ridiculous. Two laughs across three episodes. Shit.
>>
>>82070042
Damn, this show's got you mad. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that you're Australian, and as such, your government has sheltered you from all the mean, naughty American comedy shows like South Park or Rick and Morty. If so, that would explain why you're so offended and up in arms about a stupid black comedy cartoon that has a few off-color jokes and bad actions by its characters, to the point where you feel the need to go on a moral crusade against it in a comment chain of a 4chan thread. What do you even hoping to accomplish?
>>
>>82070035
Purgatory is also seen in the VR game. I'd say it's pretty sure heaven exists.
>>
>>82070223
>If so, that would explain why you're so offended and up in arms about a stupid black comedy cartoon that has a few off-color jokes and bad actions by its characters,
it's normalising something worse than the nazis and it's coming from a group of people who claim to oppose nazis
>>
>>82067713
Kino meme was always bad.
>>
>>82067582
Best show I've seen in years. Blows the last few seasons of South Park out of the water.
>>
You'd think people on a 13 year old uzbek glass blowing imageboard would dislike what cartoonish characters do for reasons other than "b-but it's morally reprehensible D:".

Next up on /tv/ them video games and electric guitar music are responsible for school shootings.
>>
>>82070223
>>82070280
the difference between this and south park is that cartman gets physically punished and people don't respect him

when morty calls out rick it almost sounds as if he's praising his ability to be a monster
>>82070360
this is a mainstream show on the television, not 4chan

and idc about it being morally reprehenisble, i care about the fact that no one within the show treats rick in the same way you'd expect literally hitler to be treated
>>
>>82070360
*BURRRP*
>>
File: 144932838810296.jpg (22KB, 257x253px) Image search: [Google]
144932838810296.jpg
22KB, 257x253px
CHILI AND SEA *BUUUUURP*BASS MORTY THAT'S WHAT THIS IS ALL ABOUT
WE NEED TO GET SOME PICKLE DNA SO I CAN TURN MYSELF INTO A PICKLESAURUS REX MORTY *BUUUUURP* TRICERATOPS SHIT ON THE FLOOR MORTY! BIG BOOM SURPRISE WEEHAVATEERECKS MORTY
>>
>>82070388
It's a show by a guy who used to make literal Newgrounds-tier flash animations (and even inspired by one of said animations) where the whole purpose is to make dumb dick jokes. Sure you can say you don't think it's funny and it's poorly animated or whatever but it's pretty retarded to expect logical consistency from a surrealistic show in which a car brokers a peace agreement between humans and giant spiders.
>>
>>82070253
Here we go again with the "creators are liberal" shtick. They don't care that much, man. Certainly less than you do. They mocked political correctness about the word "retarded", Rick spent a whole episode making jabs about Summer's gender in the same episode he told her to put a burqa on, and Rick even made a Lincoln/Hitler genetically engineered abomination. They're not pushing an agenda, they're making a comedy cartoon.

You on the other hand seem like you've got some strong agenda you're angling for. So good luck with that. I'm done with this argument. Feel free to end with some witty retort I won't respond to.
>>
>>82070467
Idiot. It's nothing but an anti christian propaganda tool. kys
>>
>>82070502
t. reddit

How sad is your life that you are defending a liberal show on /tv/?
>>
>>82070467
>It's a show by a guy who used to make literal Newgrounds-tier flash animations (and even inspired by one of said animations) where the whole purpose is to make dumb dick jokes.
those shorts (which i have seen) don't involve genocide
>Sure you can say you don't think it's funny and it's poorly animated or whatever but it's pretty retarded to expect logical consistency from a surrealistic show in which a car brokers a peace agreement between humans and giant spiders.
it's not surreal at all, it's humanoid aliens who act like humans being killed horrifically
>>82070502
you don't seem to know what liberal means, you can be a liberal and still be an asshole
>Feel free to end with some witty retort I won't respond to.
other people will read my response so idc
>>82070504
>>82070532
fuck off you 12yo retard
>>
>>82070502
>They're not pushing an agenda
LMAO DUDE PUNCH SOME NAZIS TOTALLY NOT AN AGENDA DUDE HAHA
>>
>>82070504
Does that include the episodes where they make fun of mooselimbs?
>>
>>82067582
h-ho-hold on a second rick. our dialogue is so formulaic, s-so formulaic rick, t-t-that anybody that watches more than 2 episodes could write anything, anything and make it sound like something we'd say. you know rick?
>RIGHT MORTY, THAT'S THE BEAUTY OF THE SHOW MORTY, IT'S SO SIMPLE THAT *BURRRRRP* ANYBODY CAN ENJOY IT MORTY!
>>
>>82070558
that comes into their anti-religion schlock you dense motherfucker
>>
>give me reasons something is bad without reasons its bad
>>
>>82070598
Is it antichristian or is it antireligion? make up your mind. Meh who cares all bedtime stories for sand people.

>Boohoo a cartoon character in 2017 has offended me.
Grow up.
>>
>>82070632
>Is it antichristian or is it antireligion?

that's the same thing mong
>>
>>82070554
Has /pol/ scrambled your retarded little brains so much that you think "Nazis are bad" is some kind of nuanced, contentious issue?
>>
The constant burping reaches a level of idiocy that should not be shown on any public media.
>>
>>82070661
DUDE LETS PUNCH THESE PEOPLE WITH OPPOSING VIEWPOINTS HAHA NOT AN AGENDA
>>
>>82070554
it really isn't, I know that it may be difficult for you to comprehend because you spend all your time in internet hugboxes, but most normal people really hate neo nazis and enjoy seing them hurt on screen, for the same reason why lawyers die first in movies
>>
>>82070661
From my point of view, the left and communists is evil, should I go assault them all one by one?
>>
File: Beth.png (508KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
Beth.png
508KB, 894x894px
>you will never give Beth a foot massage
>>
One episode of this show is better than an entire season of The Simpsons. Autists know this so they lash out against it in fear. It's a coping mechanism.
>>
i watched 10 minutes and didnt laugh once so stopped watching
>>
File: a6f.gif (2MB, 500x255px) Image search: [Google]
a6f.gif
2MB, 500x255px
>>82070674
HAHA TOTALLY FUCK REPUBLICATIONS NOT AN AGENDA THOUGH
>>
>supervising night shift
>Bring our laptops and watch movies because job is boring at night
>One guy is shocked that myself and another guy haven't seen Rick and Morty, insist we watch it
>Try to have an open mind
>There aren't any jokes or funny scenes, it's just a bunch of goofy faces and big words said condenscendingly in a silly tone
>Any attempt at a joke is drawn out much longer than it needs to be
>Plot isn't interesting enough to care about the lack of funny

Now granted, one of the people in the room was the type to laugh obnoxiously at anything even vaguely funny, so maybe my perspective got skewed. But it just seemed like a dumb show designed to make dumb people feel smart.
>>
>>82070697
Beth is a needy alcoholic bitch with daddy issues.
I like it
>>
>>82070691
are you a cartoon character that took steroids with your granddaughter and went on to punching satan and different other assholes in the face? how dense are you to think that when a character in a show does something, it means the show is promoting it?
>>
>>82070691
desu anything that is fundamentally revolutionary is worthy of being punched by cartoon characters
>>
>>82070743
I don't see them punching gays or foreigners.
>>
>>82070554
Wtf.
You are fucked up
>>
>haha burping xD
>>
>>82067582
bad animation and bad voice over work
>>
>>82070673
You are totally blind to the world if you think nazis are a left vs. right issue. For 95% of people on both sides, nazis are synonymous with evil. Take a step out of your stormfront hugbox every once in awhile, jesus christ.

>>82070691
No.
But you also shouldn't try to build a spaceship and clone yourself because you're not a goddamn cartoon scientist, you dunderfuck.
>>
>>82070769
nazis are assholes and it is generally agreed upon in the population
gays and foreigners are not and it is generally agreed upon in the population
too much /pol/ dude
>>
>>82070795
>you're not a goddamn cartoon scientist, you dunderfuck.
The message during that skit was pretty clear, you dunderfuck.
>>
>>82070661
>>82070674
>>82070795
>>82070809
rick is worse than the nazis from an objective standpoint, morty says he is literally hitler

should rick therefore not be punched?
>>
>>82070809
>foreigners are not and it is generally agreed upon in the population

Trump won. Brexit is going to happen. Le pen has a legit change of winning. What world do you live in?
>>
>>82070841
yeah. hes not a possitive character and as you just said, show acknowledges it. what point are you trying to make?
>>
>>82070848
foreigners cover a lot more than just muslims and refugees. Everyone hates muslims and refugees, nobody hates that Indian at IT tech
>>
>>82070848
and people voted for Trump and Brexit because they hate all people who are not from their countries and gay people and enjoy seing them hurt? step out of your fucking hugbox, you're so deluded it's not even funny
>>
>>82070884
I can't speak for the climate in the US as I don't live there. But I can speak for the climate in the UK. A lot of people, myself included voted out due to foreigners. That includes the likes of poo in loos and polacks etc. Britain for the british.
>>
>>82070870
>hes not a possitive character and as you just said, show acknowledges it
read my previous comments, that was throwaway line and he doesn't get physically punished at all

also they try to make us feel sorry for this monster and the they say he is bad because he's a toxic influence on the family not because he's a genocidal lunatic
>>
>>82070738
>drunk and needy with low expectations in men
Just my type
>>
File: teeveee.png (207KB, 489x759px) Image search: [Google]
teeveee.png
207KB, 489x759px
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>82070822
There is no message. It was a fucking comedy bit where cartoon characters beat up caricatures of Bad People, and you're trying to assign some kind of moral value to it, like the creators really think it's okay to go attack people in real life.

Are you actually under the impression that nazis and the Wesboro Baptist Church aren't universally reviled? Do you really think /pol/ is some kind of window into real society? How the fuck are you socially retarded enough to think that lack of nazi sympathy means someone is liberal?
>>
>>82070946
why shoould he be punished? it's not a revenge porn, it's a show and hes a main character. hes a chaotic evil fucker, but hes entertaining to watch for the audience. you're missing the point of the show, it's not about punishing good guys and rewarding good guys, it's about edgy jokes
>>
>>82069533
What is Jerry thinking here?
>>
>>82070912
Christ you're so stupid it hurts. Next you'll tell me you watch bill nye too
>>
>>82067582
it's reddit
>>
>>82070912
>/pol/ false flagging as a retarded redditor again
>>
>>82071024
>why shoould he be punished?
because he's worse than hitler and they literally had an episode where they went around beating up people for being evil
>hes a chaotic evil fucker, but hes entertaining to watch for the audience.
oh so genocide is entertainment now?
>>
They could use the portal gun to create any situation possible. They could have any setting, event or character that could ever be conceived of. Its a wealth of possibilities, ultimate writing freedom.

Yet they are instead doing shit like ripping of the purge. Why the fuck do we need another cartoon that just satirises other works?

"look, now we're doing inception lol"

Its animated sci-fi for fucks sake, its a limitless medium, but instead they just throw in some toilet humour and snarky lines and they get the usual family-guy-zombie-fan-base that most adult cartoons draw in.

Also its preachy and I don't need opinions shoe horned down my throat.
>>
>>82067582
Because Rick and Morty isn't just a tv show, it's a cultural marker that plebs use to identify themselves, like Starbucks or tacky tattoos.

These people are like leeches. It doesn't matter if Rick and Morty is good or bad, because if it's good these people are going to make it bad. It's not bad because it's popular, it's bad because you've got literal braindead morons fellating the creators until they get so pigheaded they ruin the show. They did it to Bill Nye, they're going to do it to Rick and Morty.

That's what reddit is. It takes things and kills them, and they're too stupid to know that they're killing what they love because they live in an echochamber.
>>
>>82071167
yes, edgy jokes are entertainment.
>>
>>82071171
>SHUT THE *BURRRRRP FUCK UP M-MORTY
>>
>>82070809
There are decent people who are national socialists and there are absolute shit tier people who are homosexual.

Why make excuses for them going after easy targets?
>>
>>82071201
so being worse than the nazis is entertainment now?
>>
...but God isn't real.
>>
File: ZT-187nr.jpg (32KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
ZT-187nr.jpg
32KB, 512x512px
>>82071245
>>
File: 1465941587688.jpg (64KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1465941587688.jpg
64KB, 500x500px
>>82071245
>...but God isn't real.
>>
>>82071214
>going after easy targets
that was the point of the scene. Rick and his granddaugter took steroids and punched most stereotypical bad people, eg. Satan, nazi, guy who hurts animals and school bully to the sounds of DMX. it was a joke, not political statement, using easy targets was the point
>>
Just watched the first episode and while it wasn't bad, it defintely wasn't great. I grinned a few times and chuckled twice. I think I'll watch a few more just to see when it goes full Reddit.
>>
>>82071306
you forget guy who is peacefully protesting. what an evil man!
>>
File: 91KW-SIXsYL.jpg (659KB, 1707x2560px) Image search: [Google]
91KW-SIXsYL.jpg
659KB, 1707x2560px
>>82067653
>not using the argument that Christianity is a Pagan religion that incorporates Pagan God worship
For once I want a show to actually TRY to have the Atheism meme in style.

There are a lot of other ways to say stuff about Christians and God rather than doing nothing and just shouting "GOD NOT REAL"

For once too I wanna hear a show say how Islam stole 2nd century texts of Jesus not dying on the cross and they put this in the Qur'an but of course if they tried to attempt this,
Muslims all over the world would scream blasphemy and want the writers of the show to be killed despite this being 100% true that the beliefs of Jesus not dying on the cross is seriously taken from a 2nd century Christian Gnostic text: one of those Gnostic groups that didn't like mainstream Christianity and believes Jesus was some spirit and was never flesh hence why he was not crucified but rose up to heaven instead.
>>
>>82071306
>it was a joke, not political statement, using easy targets was the point
why didn't rick punch himself then seeing as he's the most evil person in the show
>>
>>82071233
yes, watching a cartoon show about a psychopath with god powers is entertainment.
>>
I want to f*ck Summer
>>
>>82067686
>lolbuzzwords yo praise kek
>>
>>82071306
Its either that they are pushing an agenda or simply begging for fish like a performing seal.
Poor writing either way.
>>
>>82071315
pilot is one of the weakest episodes 2bh
gets a bit reddit later on but still an enjoyable show
>>
>>82071358
why would he punch himself? it would be out of character. stop sniffing gasoline
>>
>>82071368
i guess hitler is a joke then huh?

and then liberals wonder why anime nazis exist
>>
>>82071397
Thank you for the information, kind sir. I will keep at it and report back soon.
>>
>>82071384
dude, "nazis are bad" is really not an agenda, it is agreed upon by almost every fuckin person on the planet
>>
File: flat,800x800,075,f.u1.jpg (78KB, 590x800px) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,f.u1.jpg
78KB, 590x800px
>>82071401
>hitler is a joke then huh?
he kinda is, yeah, even Charlie Chaplin made fun of him. make some point
>>
>>82071425
Do you have a list of every person who identifies as a national socialist and if not how could you ever back that claim?

Your perception of the world and of peoples thoughts is limited, you have no real basis of knowledge of how people identify politically.
>>
>>82071425
You're wasting your breath.

These guys probably watch Inglorious Basterds and think it's liberal propaganda because poor, innocent Nazis get killed.

They're literally autistic and have no concept of the world outside their tiny safe corners of the internet.
>>
>>82071495
>you have no real basis of knowledge of how people identify politically.
except for, I dunno, elections and sociology institutes? so any neo nazi party won elections somewhere lately? any skinhead became president?
>>
>>82071524
>Inglorious Basterds
>literally BBC breeding
hmm really made me think
>>
>>82071567
fucking kek
>>
>>82071524
>he actually likes cuckatino

And this is how you out yourself as a newfag.
>>
>>82071544
The fact is that are nazi parties in almost every nation. There are also undoubtedly people who consider themselves so but remain private about it and people on the far right who aren't nazis but sympathise with them or agree with them on certain points.

You claimed that almost the entire world was unanimously against them but you've already encountered at least two people in this thread who disagree.
>>
>being so desperately contrarian you become a Catholic
W E W
>>
>ITT: it's bad because the fanbase is dumb
Good insight
>>
>>82067630
this.
It's good but not great.
>>
>>82071617
>The fact is that are nazi parties in almost every nation
the fact also is that they are reviled by the rest of the population
>There are also undoubtedly people who consider themselves so but remain private
which further proves that they are generally hated, people stay private about politics for fear of backslash
>You claimed that almost the entire world was unanimously against them but you've already encountered at least two people in this thread who disagree.
do you know the meaning of the word "almost"? yes, it means that there are exceptions
>>
For homemade plumbuses, always push your dinglebop through a grumbo so your fleeb doesn't fill up with its own juice. Or you'll find out how badly hizzards can get in the way when you're trying to flag down a freelance blamph through a handful of chumbles. Spitting schlami optional. Ploobus.
>>
>>82071617
He encountered two people on 4chan who do not have the mental capacity to grasp what a joke is. That is not indicative of the average person.
>>
>>82067730
>>82067630
Best responses.
>>
>>82071341
>>not using the argument that Christianity is a Pagan religion that incorporates Pagan God worship

Outdated meme lad
>>
>>82067582
I don't think it's bad at all tho.

/tv/ just has this mean streak of trying to be as contrarian as possible to try to look like they have some refined taste. The truth is, if they're posting here, their taste is absolute shit by default.

Same thing with TBBT. It's not a bad show by any metric, and it was ridiculously successful. But mention it on /tv/ and you'd get guaranteed (you)s
>>
>>82067877
And who said I think that's right? Nice strawman, moron. What I find funny in your autistic logic is that you never justify their behaviour directly, you just go
>buuurp if someone else did it you're an hypocrite
>buurrrp this thing happened and you didn't complain(even though idk if you did)
Learn about fallacies, you uncultured swine, and then maybe you can discuss with the big boys.
>>
>>82067653
W-w-w--w-what about the Muslims Rick?
>>
>>82072512
Heeeeellloooooooooooooo reddit
>>
It really just isn't that funny. It can be clever or witty or whatever but it's never 'holy shit that fucking hilarious' like space ghost or aqua teen can be
>>
>>82067653
>Christianity is a coping system
Can somebody explain this to me. I unironically don't understand how you can think this.
>>
>>82067750
But they aren't.
Rick is just Doc but drunk and senile and morty is just marty the whole thing trys to be a edgier Futurama but fails because of its ultimate leftist bias
>>
>>82067686
>lowest common denominators

I will never get how some faggots can argue this but then say that the best stories are the one about general human things.
>>
>>82067582
It doesn't appeal to me, despite how hard it tries.
>>
>>82067950
>People who like to excuse their use of the word 'nigger' by saying "Well, there are niggers and then there's black people..."

The newfags last year were pretty bad with this one in particular
>>
>>82075650
>can't deal with death
>create an afterlife

>can't deal with meaninglessness
>create meaning

>can't deal with responsibility
>create a daddy for life and beyond
>>
>/tv/ pulling a full reddit by looking too deep into the R&M matter.

I enjoy R&M because it's entertaining, nothing else. Don't blame the show for having a normie fanbase.
>>
File: candy.jpg (327KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
candy.jpg
327KB, 1000x1500px
>>82076187
I blame you.
>>
>>82076163
Can you explain this more clearly without pretentiousness and reddit spacing?
>>
>>82067781
> #SoMe

Yes, and millions of other people. Fucking special redditflakes.
>>
>>82076271
How is it not clear?
People like comfort. They dislike discomfort. They rather lie to themselves to face the harshness of reality.

>there is no afterlife
>nothing happens for a reason other than the one you come up with
>nobody is holding us accountable but ourselves
>magic isn't real
>>
>>82076351
>They rather lie to themselves than face the harshness of reality.

That's the coping mechanism.
>>
>>82076351
How do you cope with this then?
>>
>>82070502
Roiland doesn't care. Harmon does. He goes on rants both on Twitter and his podcast about liberal causes and hired a writer for 'solidarity' that was fired from SNL for saying Trump's 10 year old son should kill himself. This is one of the many reasons Dan Harmon ruins every project he's on. Justin didn't need him and I don't know why he jeopardized his dream project by working with that faggot.
>>
>>82076425
Me? I've just accepted it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvQViPBAvPk
>>
>>82076490
So you just ignore it. Isn't that a coping method? How is ignoring it any different then saying it's all part of God's plan, and then ignoring it?
>>
>>82076561
Because it's not a lie.
>>
>>82076594
It's lying to yourself by claiming you don't care.
>>
>>82076640
I never said I didn't care. I just don't mind.
There's a difference.
>>
>>82076490
Ignoring your problems is one of the reasons men have a pretty high suicide rate, anon.
>>
>>82067582
Look, it's just fucking Reddit ok? It's the most Reddit thing in existence.
>>
>>82076675
I don't think you actually don't mind. There's no one earth who isn't scared about meaningless so they avoid thinking about it.
>>
Who else is getting pumped for the shitposting tidal wave when episode 2 airs? It's gonna be the greatest.
>>
>>82076697
>there is no afterlife
>nothing happens for a reason other than the one you come up with
>nobody is holding us accountable but ourselves
>magic isn't real

These are only problems if you consider them problems.

I see them as truths, and to me, truth isn't a problem. But I can understand why others would consider them to be.
>>
>>82067630
10/10 response
>>
>>82076764
>you will never be this religiously atheist
On second thought maybe a high suicide rate is a good thing.
>>
>>82076746
Why is meaninglessness scary?
>>
>>82067582
BECAUSE IT'S POPULAR AND I HATE POPULAR THINGS BECAUSE POPULAR KIDS BULLIED ME AT SCHOOL BUT THEY WON'T DO IT ANYMORE OH NOES I'M GUNNA BRIN RAMPAGE TO THEM TOMORROW BECAUSE I'M A FUCKED UP INDIVIDUAL WHO CAN NOT LIKE THINGS THAT ARE POPULAR WHYAMIAVIRGINREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>82076746
>There's no one earth who isn't scared about meaningless so they avoid thinking about it.

Wrong. Meaninglessness is the great equalizer. It makes us all even in the long run. The actual problem is the solipsism that plagues humanity that they can't care about anything but themselves and that's how they get scared. Because they only care about themselves. Some people are actually beyond that. I am one of them. That's why I am anonymous. I am nobody. I'm you and the next guy. I'm her and the ex girl. I'm your dad, your mom, your brother and your son. I'm god and godless. I'm everyone and no one. And once I'm dead how would I even mind? So why bother minding now?

Being actively afraid of death and fearing meaninglessness is like chewing bubblegum to solve a math problem. It will never help you accomplish what you really want.

Focus on what you want. Do what you have to do to get it and once you got what you want, create a new goal. Rinse and repeat. At the end of your life you will look back at nothing but a string of accomplishments. And if you're lucky you might even be remembered by a few people. At least for a little while. So don't fret, soon we'll all be ded.
>>
>>82076848
All of that is the opposite of religion, moron. It's unbiased cold logic.
>>
>>82068411
No they did it to get rid of the dad
>>
File: I2KmUhq.gif (2MB, 383x576px) Image search: [Google]
I2KmUhq.gif
2MB, 383x576px
>>82076987
>Some people are actually beyond that. I am one of them.
These posts are fedoracore as fuck sempai, I'm even getting second hand euphoria, keep 'em coming.
>>
>>82076987
You claim that you don't care about meaning but then you say basically:
>do something meaningful to avoid meaningless
Which shows you subconsciously do. Why do you think doing what you want, having accomplishments and making friends even matters. It doesn't. It's a coping mechanism to avoid thinking about the fact that ultimately you're just a bunch of atoms bound together by freak chemical reactions.
>>
>>82076879
Why the fuck do I exist if nothing matters?
>>
>>82067582

It's not funny.
>>
>>82070725
Exactly what words do you consider "big words"
>>
>>82077005
I meant it in that your "spiritual" attitude is like that of a Buddhist monk or something, get down from your tall horse, Ser Fedora of house Cringe.
>>
>>82077150
Why does existence have to "matter"? Why does there have to be an underlying purpose if 2 random rocks in space collide?
>>
File: accompl.png (10KB, 313x192px) Image search: [Google]
accompl.png
10KB, 313x192px
>>82077108
I said to accomplish things. Not to search for meaning. I understand your confusion though. You think it's an accomplishment to find meaning. Here is the fundamental difference between you and I. I don't need meaning to accomplish things.

Like this post for example. It has no real meaning or value. But it's an accomplishment none the less. Nobody can say I didn't make this post. It's my accomplishment.

Even though it's a very small one and will be forgotten like a tear in the rain.
>>
>>82077208
That wasn't the fedora. He's right though. I'm right. And you're right about me being a fedora. But wrong on almost everything else.
>>
>>82077150
>universe somehow exists
>galaxies and stars begin forming from mostly hydrogen
>some of these stars explode, fusing hydrogen and helium into the rest of the elements on the periodic table
>sun and earth form
>billions of years pass
>organic molecules somehow form in earth's oceans
>increasingly complex organic molecules form
>billions of years pass
>more complex organisms form
>rinse and repeat
>eventually you exist

Is it really that hard to grasp that you just exist because natural processes lead to your existence? It sucks but it's pretty obviously the truth, seeing as how humans are subjected to the same destruction as literally everything else, with the only difference being that we care.
>>
>>82077238
Why accomplish things? Why do you even care about accoplishing things? Obviously it matters to you and you feel it's important. So it does have meaning, why else would you be so proud of you pretentious post? You accomplish things because that is what provides you with a sense of meaning. Even though these accomplishments are meaningless.
Nice blade runner quote btw.
>>
>>82077150
>Why the fuck do I exist
Because you're parents fucked.

>if nothing matters?
Don't care.
>>
>>82077391
It's not hard to grasp at all. It's too easy to grasp. It's just saying we exist because we do. And why do we, above all else, care?
>>
>>82067582
it used to be good but then totally jumped the shark in season 2 and shoved it's head up it's own ass at about the get shwifty episode

all downhill from there

show is kill jump ship
>>
>>82077298
>But wrong on almost everything else
What am I wrong about exactly? I agree with nearly every point you had that didn't make me choke on your massive trilby, I'm agnostic, I just think you're being a dick and make non-religious people look bad. How you can lack so much self awareness yet claim "to have it all figured out" perplexes me.
>>
>>82067775
>implying

i have never seen a single simpsons episode up until 2 years ago. the show is very good.
>>
>>82077412
>You accomplish things because that is what provides you with a sense of meaning. Even though these accomplishments are meaningless.

Correct. It's like mental masturbation. It feels good, but it isn't real sex.

I do things and it seems like they have meaning, but they don't. I just do them because like most of the time, I've got nothing better to do.
>>
>>82077465
Because natural selection selected for us to care. The end.
>>
>>82077559
How does that benefit us from a survival perspective at all?
>>
>>82077479
>agnostic

Well la di da faggot. You don't even understand the question do you?

The question isn't "Do you know God exists?". To which being an agnostic would be correct.

Nobody knows. The ones that do are in a mental hospital or should be.

The question is "Do you believe in a God?".
Don't tell me you don't even know if you do or don't believe. Either you lie or are afraid to say you don't. Which one will it be you maggot?
>>
>>82077546
So you do find meaning in accomplishing things. You've created something artificial to cope with you meaningless. It's no different from doing the same with religion, yet you still feel superior.
>>
It feels forced. Female writers.
>>
>>82077599
Natural selection isn't about maximum efficiency, just about being fit enough to stick around. Getting a passing grade is just fine. Weird and seemingly useless traits can simply be leftovers that never mattered enough to be a liability.
>>
>>82077639
I'm literally whatever religion helps me the most in any given' situation, does that trigger you nigger? :*)
>>
>>82077661
No, I don't find meaning in accomplishing things. I find pleasure in accomplishing things. Pleasure isn't a meaning, it's a state of being.

I'm pleased. I'm pleasured. I'm pleasant.
>>
>>82077599
To me it seems possible that human sentience is an incidental mistake and there is no benefit to it in terms of raw ability to survive. Our profound psychological and existential suffering might be sort of a side effect of the complexity of our brains, selected for by evolution -- a double-edged sword sort of situation. We evolved to survive very effectively as all other thriving creatures have, but in doing so we evolved to pose unnecessary questions, and consequently suffer enormously.
>>
>>82077695
So you're a pragmatist. Good. Good for you. No sarcasm here. I'm actually genuinely happy for you.
>>
>>82077672
I dont think there are any female writers on their staff.
>>
>>82077709
You're literally just thinking of synonyms for "meaning" because you don't want to admit you're wrong. And you're contradicting your previous post. You're "pleasure" is just another coping measure and you're too scared to admit it. Welcome to religion.
>>
>>82077785
I'd get a female writer on my staff if you infer what I'm implying.
>>
>>82077746
We do much more than 'survive'. We have made this planet ours, and it wouldn't have been possible without sentience.
>>
>>82068220
I read through all of it and wasn't on it once. I guess that's just (You).
>>
>>82077832
But we also use our sentience to do things that make no sense in a survival perspective like falling in love, following religions and ideologies in so far as to be willing to debate and even die for them, poisoning ourselves with alcohol and drugs, care for weaker people, writing poems, painting pictures, watching tv, and giving a shit about something other than eating and fucking.
>>
>>82077814
No. See, meaning is a reason bigger than whatever it is you're really doing it for. I'm just brutally honest.

Also, eating is a coping mechanism for hunger. Breathing is a coping mechanism for choking. Coping mechanisms in themselves aren't bad. It's the fact that some of them are lies that is egregious to me.

For instance:
>girl gets raped by a muslim
>girl claims the muslim didn't do it

It's a coping mechanism, but also a lie. Just like your religion.
>>
>>82067582
My ex and I used to love it and watch it together.
Since then we broke up but it still hurts every time I see you fags talking about this crappy nihilist bttf.
>>
>>82067630
SPBS
>>
>>82077973
If you're achievements are meaningless then they are also a lie. And I don't care if you say you do it for pleasure because I have no doubt that is why you do it but that pleasure you get comforts you and makes you feel important - it helps with your meaningless on a subconscious level. It's still a lie, it's an illusion of pleasure to take your mind off the pain.
>>
>>82077832
You're right, but what I wonder is if all of that is necessary for our survival as a species, which is all evolution "cares" about. Would humans have been extinct by now if we were still hunter gatherers? Probably not. We would certainly not be thriving to the tune of 7 billion and counting, but it's possible that this could end up being our downfall as we exceed our ability to remain in equilibrium with the planet. The dinosaurs dominated for hundreds of millions of years. Humans have been around for a tiny, tiny, barely noticeable fraction of that length.
>>
>>82078106
Sure, and the food doesn't silence the hunger. The cake is just a lie. It's actually unprocessed shit.
>>
>>82078130
>but what I wonder is if all of that is necessary for our survival as a species, which is all evolution "cares" about.

I think you don't understand evolution. Evolution is basically random stuff happening and the things that are best suited for the environment get to stay. Survival is just the fundamental of evolution. What you seem to forget is that random shit still happens. Things get to exist like deformed people. These things are all part of evolution as well you know?

Evolution is literally throwing random shit through a fan and see what sticks.
>>
>>82078318
>food analogy
It stops hunger but only for a while
>>
>>82078868
And you're alive but only for a while.
>>
>>82078868
>It stops hunger but only for a while

And then you go eat some more. How hard is this?
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.