[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did two guys talking about Burger chains feel so compelling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: royalewithcheese.jpg (37KB, 720x305px) Image search: [Google]
royalewithcheese.jpg
37KB, 720x305px
How did two guys talking about Burger chains feel so compelling and groundbreaking?

Even today this scene blows my mind in term of dialogue.
>>
>>82061100
>How did two guys talking about Burger chains feel so compelling and groundbreaking?
Really!? It seemed generic to me
>>
>>82061123
Only because it's been so endlessly attempted to be imitated since the 90s by other writers and filmmakers.
>>
>>82061100
Because it didn't feel forced. It felt exactly like the sort of shooting the shit conversation that guys actually have with one another. Not every piece of dialogue has to be deep or meaningful or advance the plot and it felt fresh because of that.
>>
It's organic, feels like you're really watching two guys having a conversation and not actors
>>
It's violence as comedy. While slapstick existed, comedy generally wasn't taken to a level this dark. It's more common now and the effect has lost some of its bite, but it's still interesting to see two hitmen just shooting the shit on the way to work like regular guys. It helps that Tarantino writes really good scenes and can elevate a banal conversation to something actually engaging.
>>
>>82061172
Exactly this. Chemistry, too.
>>
>>82061172
>. Not every piece of dialogue has to be deep or meaningful or advance the plot

I think this is one of the biggest flaws in the expectations of creating a script. They often say, "if it's not essential cut it' but Quentin can wield dialogue like a weapon, he actually uses it like an action scene. Action scenes don't advance the plot at all but they're entertaining to watch, or at least supposed to be.

Think of Hunger.

Two fucking guys talking for 20 minutes back and forth virtually all in mid shot but that scene is one of the best things I've seen in a film in like 15 years because there was a great script, two great actors and a director who had the sense to just plant a camera there and not fucking tamper with it.
>>
>>82061100
It's not. The only reason it does to you is because you're underage and have seen less than 300 movies.
>>
It's ok. This scene is more insightful. https://youtu.be/TD1CNqghN7Q
>>
What is a Quarter Pounder called in your country?

We don't use the Metric system but still call it a Quarter Pounder.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.