[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Childhood is empathizing with Salieri and despising Mozart Adulthood

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Amadeus_(film).jpg (180KB, 1014x442px) Image search: [Google]
Amadeus_(film).jpg
180KB, 1014x442px
Childhood is empathizing with Salieri and despising Mozart
Adulthood is realizing some people are naturally more skilled than others and obsessing over them is an ultimately futile endevor
>>
File: sennaposter1.jpg (93KB, 499x720px) Image search: [Google]
sennaposter1.jpg
93KB, 499x720px
I preferred the remake which was done from Mozarts POV
>>
File: 7559049.jpg (63KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
7559049.jpg
63KB, 633x758px
>tfw you're the Salieri of your own life
>>
the fuck do you even mean, that's the fucking moral of the story
>>
>>82032287
>Thinking every film has to have a moral
I see you're still in the childhood phase
>>
>>82032388
>implying an artistic endeavor is even capable of lacking implicit meaning, if not explicit, regardless of authorial intent or mass perception.
I see you're still in the adolescence phase
>>
>>82032388
the fuck are you talking about, I didn't say every movie has to have a moral, I'm saying this movie happens to have a moral
>>
>>82032483
>He doesn't watch films edited out of order with a half hour break between each scene to fully appreciate the film without the distraction of any overarching plot or meaning
How's young adulthood treating you?
>>
>>82032153
No, adulthood is actually watching the fucking movie. Try it sometime.
>>
>>82032236
Yeah sure. You'd like that.
Salieri had work ethics, and he gained popularity and wealth even though he didn't have brilliance and his music is generally formulaic and unremarkable.
Nickelback are probably the closest analogy to a modern day Salieri.
>>
Adulthood is realizing they were actually friends and the rivalry was healty and more like silly banter between artists to please the crowd.
>>
>>82032153
So all film/tv/game critics never reach adulthood then?
>>
>>82032594
haha kino xD
>>
>>82032645
Yeah but Nickleback are made fun of all the time whereas Salieri wasn't. I can't think of any bands at the moment but the best modern day analogy for Salieri would simply be some generic band which is successful enough enjoy moderate wealth and success.
>>
>>82032153
>some people are naturally more skilled than others and obsessing over them is an ultimately futile endevor
WHY CANT I BE THE BEST REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>82032153
>Adulthood is realizing some people are naturally more skilled than others and obsessing over them is an ultimately futile endevor

To be fair Mozart was trained to be a musical prodigy from birth. Don't get me wrong, he was a very talented musician but if you had trained in something according to a plan that your parents had set out for you since birth then you'd be great at it too. I would argue that Mozart's talent was more due to his upbringing rather than natural talent. There's no guarantee that Salieri or anyone for that matter wouldn't have shown the same talent if they'd had the same upbringing as him. You've really got to wonder how much of his talent was inborn and how much was due to practice.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.