[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anti-Spoiler culture is a Hollywood marketing tactic to defend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 218.png (896KB, 724x630px) Image search: [Google]
218.png
896KB, 724x630px
Anti-Spoiler culture is a Hollywood marketing tactic to defend mediocre products. The reason they want people to react so strongly is that spoilers NEVER damage a good product, various studies have shown that knowing the twist at the end of a film or book can enhance your enjoyment of it. This is a type of irony which was part of foundations of Greek theater. The Audience knows what the characters don't and thus can observe and make observations the characters within the story can't. No truly great work can be sapped of it's value by a spoiler. People simply perceive that they've "lost" something by being spoiled because they can never experience the product "unspoiled" anymore. They trick themselves into thinking they lost something valuable.

Now why would Hollywood want to promote a culture where spoilers are viewed as a bad thing? Where going in blind is something everyone should do? That's because it protects mediocre or awful movies. If you go into a film, they've got your money and have already won. That's all that matters to them. Your cash in their pockets. So they promote this culture where being an informed consumer is seen as bad. If you think that a film needed it's twist unspoiled to be good, reevaluate it, because more than likely that's either not true or that the film just isn't good.
>>
>>82021985
Here is a spoiler for you:
You're a faggot
Oh wait you are right we already knew that
>>
File: 229.png (917KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
229.png
917KB, 1280x738px
>>82022359
$1.00 has been deposited into your account
>>
>>82021985
>wow they are so anti-spoiler they literally don't put the entire plots of movies into modern trailers
Haha fuck the kikes. $.00001 deposited into my false flag account.
>>
This entire thread is fucking ridiculous. You've completely thrown out the idea of proper engagement between film and audience out of some anti-Jew paranoia.
>>
It's not the industry pushing this spoiler crap, you gullible mung.

Audiences do it to themselves because they want to signal to others that they care a lot about the media in question. It's a symptom of fanboyism and nerd culture, which are both forms of generalized retardation.
>>
>>82023379
The joke is that the films who do this turn off people not because they tell you the entire plot, but because the plot is bad enough to turn you off before you get rused into watching it.
A Spoiler can only change how you view Plot. It cannot affect Sound Design, Set Design, Acting, Direction, Visual Effects,Scene construction, etc.

Can you name one movie who all this listed aspects of a film get ruined because you know that Rosebud is the sleigh or that Darth Vader is Luke's father beforehand?
>>
>>82023421
this tbqh
>>
>>82023561
>being invested into entertainment enough to care about spoilers
It's a numale thang
>>
>My autism cannot cope with media I'm not completely prepped for
>Begin the age of anti-spoiler copypasta

Christ, next you autists will be demanding actors clarify their facial expressions like in Frank, because you don't understand emotion.
>>
SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE
>>
>>82021985
This is a lot of mental gymnastics to cover up for being a shitty person that wants to spoil things for everyone
>>
>>82021985
I'd agree with you if not for the fact that Hollywood marketing themselves spoil everything through trailers and pre-release publications
>>
>>82021985
I'd might've bought into this if I didn't remember that movie trailers spoil everything now.
>>
File: 1492128673415.png (138KB, 439x290px) Image search: [Google]
1492128673415.png
138KB, 439x290px
>>82021985
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.