[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

One of my favorite things about Rick and Morty is the powerful,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

One of my favorite things about Rick and Morty is the powerful, relevant allegories in the writing.

Take the episode "Anatomy Park" for instance. While the A-plot is a hilarious parody of the classic 1993 film "Jurassic Park" ripe with references that challenge even the most hardcore aficionado, the B-plot paints a very accurate picture of the state of modern internet culture, particularly in the characters of Jacob and Ethan

See, Jacob (Reddit) is someone who has found and is happy with his place in the world, and spends time and energy spreading happiness to those around him. Ethan (4chan) on the other hand is so utterly consumed by sexual insecurity it causes him to be an unbearable faggot who only finds comfort in whining about things that displease him.

Whenever I find someone who takes the time and energy to make 50 threads a day about how much he hates a harmless show who's greatest crime is spreading some laughs in the face of an inherently meaningless existence, I follow the example of Jacob. I extend a caring hand and ask "Where's the anger coming from, man?"

This show has honestly made me a better person.
>>
I'm on episode 10.
There's only like 5 God jokes.
>>
>>82005749
>falling for /tv/ memes
I bet you went into TDKR expecting a CIA movie or Jurassic Park expecting a film about sea bass.
>>
>>82005684
>Where's the anger coming from, man?
It's all fake. You keep pretending that everything is fine so much that you start to actually believe that. I'd rather be bitter and sad but live a real life.
>>
>>82005899
Everything isn't "fine" or "fucked" or anything else, it simply is. You don't have control over all these things, but you do have control over the way you feel about them. Why do you look for things to be bitter and sad about?
>>
>geez these guys really hate Rick and Morty
>I wonder why?
>maybe I should check it out
>hey it's not that bad
>I'll tell everyone on /tv/ that they should watch it
You fell for the shills
>>
>>82005684
#ProudCuck
>>
>>82006074
>but you do have control over the way you feel about them

>implying you control what you like/dislike

That's not how that works, son.
>>
>>82007631
>Underage Opinions
Not him but...
>>
>putting this much time into a show you hate
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.