[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are /tv/'s thoughts on Avatar? Also what does /tv/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_0858.jpg (21KB, 182x268px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0858.jpg
21KB, 182x268px
What are /tv/'s thoughts on Avatar?

Also what does /tv/ think about the new land coming to Animal Kingdom?
>>
>>81998193
I tried to rewatch it but turned it off as soon as he woke up in the avatar body and was being chased by the horrible cgi beast
>>
>>81998193
im moving to orlando in a couple months. will look for abatap in avatar land
>>
>>81998193
High quality visuals but the designs themselves were nothing amazing. Story was predictable and didn't do anything other films hadn't already done better.

James Cameron was a little nuts for wanting people to be attracted to the alien girl sexually.
>>
>>81998193
it did what it needed to do and was well produced popcornkino
>>
>>81998193
It was pretty amazing to see it in 3D when it came out. It's still the only time that the whole 3D gimmick was actually impressive. The whole visual design/environment was definitely the main draw of the movie, and I enjoyed that aspect enough that I really liked seeing it in theaters.

I don't have much of a desire to re-watch it at home, though. The story/characters really were cliched and dull, it deserved the criticisms it got. Unlike Titanic, it fails to get you emotionally involved in any of this shit. Sam Worthington & Zoe Saldana are no substitute for Leo DiCaprio & Kate Winslet
>>
>>81998366
>It's still the only time that the whole 3D gimmick was actually impressive
Did you see Gravity in theaters?
>>
File: 146237890542.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
146237890542.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>81998322
the alien girl was a good design
>>
>>81998193
Traitor to his own species and progress. Falsely idolizes primitive life, which in reality is harsh, cruel, and ignorant.
>>
>>81998408
I did, I didn't love it. Granted though, the first 20 minutes or so were amazing. It was definitely another good use of 3D, you're right
>>
>>81998419
Too human.

They could be a race of fantasy jungle elves but don't really look like creatures from another world.
>>
File: 135.jpg (271KB, 1500x1043px) Image search: [Google]
135.jpg
271KB, 1500x1043px
>>81998419
>>81998781
If they made the legs like pic related (where each leg had 2 joints instead of one) that would be a good enough true alien design for me
>>
File: 2WwwgHb.png (432KB, 383x455px) Image search: [Google]
2WwwgHb.png
432KB, 383x455px
>>81998514
Anarcho primitivism is the true way to live, stop lying
>>
>>81998193
I actually watched it for the first time yesterday, to test out my new TV.

Visuals are still pretty incredible, it could come out today and still be better than most if not all of the competition.

The story and characters are offensively boring and predictable, to the point it would feel like a parody if not for the high production value. Yeah, we get it, white people are evil and foreigners are exotic one-dimensional creatures for the good white people to keep as pets. It's actually pretty impressive that it couldn't provide nuance for even one side of the debate.

All of that wouldn't matter for Avatar's purposes if there was actually some charismatic acting to make you go with it emotionally. But the performances were either bland or cartoonish with no middle ground.

Spectacle and creature design was fantastic, it would be nice if Cameron could write something to go along with it next time.
>>
File: Avatar 911 Pepe.png (126KB, 242x271px) Image search: [Google]
126KB, 242x271px
>>81998302
do you think Avatar 2's trailer will summon him to /tv/?
>>
File: 1231243135.jpg (712KB, 1240x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1231243135.jpg
712KB, 1240x1080px
>>81998514
>choosing a smoggy planet with shit tier roasties over lush pandora with pure qts
no.
>>
Incredible as a theme-park-like experience, the 3D technology is in a league of it's own, stunning, immersive. Just middling as a film, but that's ok. As long as they're unique ride-like experiences, i'll buy the tickets.
>>
>>81998193
I could only take this movie seriously in hindsight if the sequel shows humanity returning with a proper military force and curb stomping the natives. This has nothing to do with my political views I'm just sick of seeing technologically superior fighting forces getting slapped by chucklefucks in the media. It has been annoying since the rebels in Star Wars.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.